FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#389848 - 04/10/08 07:57 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: jude33]
donchisau Offline

Nice to see so much discussion.

This may seem a bit rude but it is clear I must be very direct.

1. For some --- What part of "TESTS" is not clear?

I did not say training methods,daily exercise,spend all class every class standing and do only these things etc ,etc. A Test is just that a test something done once in awhile to see how your training is coming along .

2 CXT what part of " power goes into the ground" do you not understand? I can not be any clearer if you have the proper structure than the power goes from your kicking leg back through the pelvic girdle down through your support leg into the ground. This is basic wing chun kicking. I am not talking about anything else other than wing chun and wing chun methods

3. Wing chun is designed to enable weaker slower people to handle and defeat bigger stronger faster people. One thing needed to accomplish this is the ability to utilize the entire body for all actions and not rely on localized muscle.

4. The key thing in all this is the proper use and control of the hip/waist area. Chinese would say the Kwa. I am avoiding talking about internal training to keep things as simple as I can.

5. Wing Chun trains rooting. This is in essence learning how to use the ground for power.

6. To bring power up from the ground or to send energy into the ground so you can maintain your balance and structure requires the proper training and use of the hips and waist. That is the purpose of the tests. To determine if you have the ability to use the pelvic girdle and waist for these purposes.

7. For full power one needs to use the whole body and make the use of the body into a reflex like action so it is done without thought. Just a natural function.

8. The punch in wing chun comes from the heart. This means it comes from the chest. with out proper structure you will not have the ability to use the chest back and rest of body in the intended fashion.

9. originally those learning wing chun spent 2 to 3 years at the SLT level. This was the approximate amount of time needed to develop the needed structure. The rest of the system would then follow quickly.

10. If one cannot pass the tests then one does not have the required internal structure and training to apply wing chun in the manner it was intended

11. Once some one has studied wing chun it is fairly easy to teach them how to develop the proper structure and teach them the training exercises that will build it. These are not the tests.

12. There are separate training methods to develop the internal structure and the use of the hips, waist, spine,chest, tendons and skeleton.

13. These exercises are contained within the forms. For example if done with proper breathing,structure and Yi the first section of the first form is a tendon changing exercise.

14. Videos and proof. There is nothing I have to prove to anyone. There are those that know and understand what I am talking about they need know proof. As for others I give 3 to 4 seminars a year around the world you are more than welcome to come. I don't sell vids and don't put any up on youtube. The Florida seminar may cover some of these tests. I usually do some of them as a demo/parlor trick like the zero punch just because some people like seeing these things. If some one does video tape the demos I will ask them post it. I do not allow the actual breakdown and training methods to be recorded. Notes are encouraged.

Edited by donchisau (04/10/08 08:02 PM)

#389849 - 04/10/08 08:33 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: donchisau]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Also, no matter WHAT you put on video as 'proof' there will always be detractors and smack-talkers.
In a lot of ways the internet is the worst thing that ever happened to martial arts because you get so many critics putting down training that they don't even understand.

#389850 - 04/10/08 09:15 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: ShikataGaNai]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Might be that happens but It isnt realy where my interests lie. I am in the UK so there wont be much of a chance of seminars. If someone does record any of the events then if poss either could you pm the video or let me know where its posted.

Jude

#389851 - 04/10/08 10:50 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: donchisau]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
don

So essentially, once again, somebody has allowed the anonymity of the net to make unsupported claims with nary a bit of proof....and when challanged to produce simple proofs they become insulting and snide.

Sad but in no way unexpected.

I really don't care how "its designed" that is the realm of what is essentially "paper" and what I'm concerned about is "reality."
And in reality you really can't go around hitting brick walls with what you claim is FULL POWER and not risk injury--perhaps serious injury.

I asked for a simple vid of what you claim is a common feat with your students--over a 10 year period--yet instead of being able to present it you:

A-Asserted that you somehow knew my skills and where I lacked abilty...a neat trick for someone that has never so much as laid eyes on me, let alone trained with me.

B-Your "power goes into the ground" would indicate to me a lack of grasp of simple physics (yeah it does--sort of--but its considerably more complex than that) which given your infatuation with potential dangerous "testing" methods---such as hitting brick walls with FULL POWER might be a real problem......for people you...ahm..."advise" I guess would be the term.

I also remind you that I entered this discusion at the point where you were pontificating about how everyone here was bascially in need of your vast wisdom and guidence.

The assumption that you posses greater knowloge than anyone whom might be reading is probably not the best one to be makeing....you would be surprised at whom lurks around here....I was.
Also a bad idea IMO to make claims that one either can't or won't support on a very public forum.

Up to you of course.........but I find that when simple mis-statements are made a simple "oops..I kinda got carried away and mispoke" work far better than spin.

People can forgive and forget the mistakes...we do after all, all make them---the spin however carries a distinct oder which is hard to wash off.

Edited by cxt (04/10/08 10:56 PM)

#389852 - 04/11/08 12:36 AM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: cxt]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Good job cxt, you are right on track with this guy.

I suppose we need to pay for a seminar to witness the devastating power of wing chun!!!

#389853 - 04/11/08 12:07 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: jude33]
donchisau Offline

Jude if you are in England than you don't need me at all. There are 2 students of Yip Mans Foshan student Lun Gai over there and they can teach you. They do things a bit differently than I do but come to the same place also there are some schools connected to Chi Sim Weng Chun there as well. They can also teach you. You may have to drive a few hours but it is worth it.

Others that know and do what I do have posted videos on the net and most folks don't understand what they are seeing so I don't think a short clip will accomplish much.

Look at how someone uses their hip area that tells you everything you need to know about their skill level. What is the position of the hip in relation to the spine? Do the hips move and float or are they locked in place?

#389854 - 04/11/08 12:53 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: donchisau]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

don

"most folks don't understand what they are seeing"

Well its a good thing "most folks" have you around to explain it to them isn't it.

#389855 - 04/11/08 04:22 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: cxt]
donchisau Offline

Well its a good thing "most folks" have you around to explain it to them isn't it.

LOL no doubt about it very lucky!

You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

#389856 - 04/11/08 08:21 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: donchisau]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas

Yes, but can you strike the horse full power with a WC sidekick?

#389857 - 04/11/08 10:13 PM Re: have you ever seen wing chun. [Re: donchisau]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

don

Again, thank you for illustrating my point about where your "really" coming from so neatly.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga