FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#383667 - 03/07/08 12:55 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: fileboy2002]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Well we know it there and it was/is gettin tiresome seeing the bad cop vids..Be positive and show some good cop vids....

#383668 - 03/07/08 01:31 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: JasonM]
karate_popo Offline

Loc: NYC
Quote:

Well we know it there and it was/is gettin tiresome seeing the bad cop vids..Be positive and show some good cop vids....

yeah cuz we are tired of people saying, 'i know or have seen a corrupt cop' and your point would be what?.. are you implying that all cops are corrupt?.. why post it on here.. i don't get it.. why rub it in LEOs faces, that there are corrupt cops out there.. you don't think we know that?..

#383669 - 03/07/08 05:55 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: karate_popo]
everyone Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
There needs to be public outrage at ďbad copĒ behavior. Even if bad cops are the minority. This is a public forum and is one outlet the public has to vent. There is a frustration we feel toward those, we pay with our tax dollars, who abuse the authority we give them.

From the comments you read here, surely you can understand the frustration. The police receives positive PR in the news everyday. In fact, especially after 9/11, everyone who wears a uniform is a hero (according to the news media). The citizens know better, but thatís where the frustration stemís from.

Hopefully all the good cops out there will do everything they can to weed out the few bad ones. No excuses or minimizing (understating) the problem. We hold LEO to a higher standard and they should hold themselves to a higher standard as well. Karate popo, I would like to hear your outrage against those who are corrupt within your profession (not just an acknowledgement).

#383670 - 03/07/08 10:05 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: everyone]
karate_popo Offline

Loc: NYC
it is an outrage.. like you said, we(well i'm not sworn, but still) are held at a higher standard then the avg person.. so the public thinks that since we are supposed to be upholding the law, that we should not break the law.. but cops are human.. and not everyone can be perfect.. that is just the way it is.. i do understand the publics outrage on this matter.. but i would also appreciate if the public would understand where the other officers are coming from.. the good ones.. why they are tired of hearing about things such as this.. i don't know.. i guess it's a never ending battle.. no matter what each party says.. there can be no end...

#383671 - 03/10/08 03:31 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: everyone]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
Oh my God! A man who sees it my way. I am sexually aroused.

#383672 - 03/10/08 06:43 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: karate_popo]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

so the public thinks that since we are supposed to be upholding the law, that we should not break the law..

ya think??

Quote:

but i would also appreciate if the public would understand where the other officers are coming from.. the good ones.. why they are tired of hearing about things such as this..

As long as it is happening at the rate it is, they are going to continue to hear about it. Would you rather it be kept hush-hush?

My instructor and two others I work out with are cops, darn good ones. They have much better stories than I do,lol.

#383673 - 03/11/08 11:30 AM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: everyone]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

everyone

That is BS---find me a thread praiseing/thanking a good LEO site---then compare it to the threads attacking them.
For that matter point me to a postive post you personally have made about LEOS prior to today?

"Outrage" is fine---just as long as it balanced out in other respects.

Its just the army good news and postive messages don't "sell" so you almost never hear them.

Its pretty much ALL attacks and "bad cops" etc.

Bad LEOS should be punished harshly......but we should also recognize that the VAST MAJORITY of them are decent honorable people doing a vastly dangerous job for relativly little pay.

Edited by cxt (03/11/08 11:32 AM)

#383674 - 03/11/08 12:24 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: cxt]
everyone Offline
Enthusiast

CXT, good point. On public forums, average citizens can express their outrage about this problem. You wonít find a lot of praise for police on public forums.

Where you do find praise for the police is on the TV news. There are always stories on police getting awards and honors (at least in this market). Whenever there is a disaster and the police do their job, they get the praise of the media. There are occasional accusations on the news against the police, then they say there is an investigation, the officers are put on paid leave, then the story goes away.

Good police officers are the ones who are doing their job. There is no need to write about them. If they go above and beyond what is expected of them, then yes please give them the praise they deserve.

#383675 - 03/11/08 12:53 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: everyone]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Everyone

Not sure that is true either----I don't recall the last time a postive news story about the police or military etc ran on network news......and on the local stuff--does anybody listen or do they just ignore it?

In any case, I asked a specfic question---the positve stories are few and far between--then negative stuff is everywhere.

"There is no need to write about them"

Ok, so what your saying is that in YOUR job, its simply expected that you do it well--and unless you go "above and beyond" you not entiled to any praise.......no praise, just negative comments?
Pretty sure that you would not care for that treatment.

Or better still, in your dating realtionships---you dont think its imporant to offer some praise with the critisim of your significant other????
That your significant other gets either critism or if she goes "above and beyond" MAYBE she gets a little praise?
Pretty sure that YOU PERSONALLY would not like either.

#383676 - 03/11/08 02:08 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: cxt]
everyone Offline
Enthusiast

I would not expect public praise for doing a good job at work. I do appreciate when my boss say, "good job". When I do a bad job I don't expect public ridicule either. However, if I were to do something illegal or very immoral, then it's fair game for news and public forums.

I do complement my wife for being who she is and doing what she does. I do not post those details on the internet however.

The difference is public vs. private praise. There is a time and place for both.

For all those good, hard working cops out there... GOOD JOB!!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga