FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#383657 - 02/29/08 03:12 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: hunterkell]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

The point that Jason was making is that your opinion was drawn on incomplete information and therefore might not be a valid or realistic conclusion.

I don't think Jason was "bent out of shape" concerning his reply

opinion.

Quote:

It seems his reply was merely pointing out the
validity of your conclusion(s) that you were infering were somewhat askance due to the incomplete information that was supplied.

his opinion vs. my opinion

Quote:

Further. this is the statement on your part:

"I'm not sure what happened here,but that woman was brutalized while in handcuffs"

First you say "I'm not sure here......." then you proceed with the statement, "this woman was brutalized..."

I think it was more the second part of your statement was what J took issue with.

Fair enough. Let me rephrase my statement.

The woman looked like she had been brutalized.

Quote:

When civilians make statements about these types of incidents, many times they are drawing conclusions that to them are academic in nature and they don't give it much thought.

"Civilians" "they" Got it!

Quote:

BUT to people that are in the business of LEO work and put their reputations, their lives, and in some cases their families' lives on the line to perform a job, such a careless and irresposnible assesment of a halfa$$ed video taped incident is abhorrent (because THEN some civilian that knows nothing about the job invariable says something like, "I'm not sure what happened here,but that woman was brutalized while in handcuffs").

I'm sure it does. Careless and irresponsible...got it!

Thanks for not flaming my careless and irresponsible ass. I'll continue about my meager civilian life and try not to jump to conclusions about videos on the internet again.

#383658 - 02/29/08 04:23 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: kyushoperson]
janxspirit Offline

Quote:

Hi

What do you think of these cops?

http://www.break.com/index/cop-dumps-handicapped-person-on-floor.html

http://view.break.com/451677

They disgust me, luckily they were filmed this time

tc

Helen

Authority, in genearl is scary. I will never understand why people want to invest their personal authority in someone else, and ask that person to take care of their dirty work.

I don't believe in authority. There are too many examples of this kind of behavior - dating for thousands of years back into history.

#383659 - 03/01/08 05:51 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: janxspirit]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

The only thing scarier than authority is responsiblity. Responsiblity, both personal and for other is so scary many will not accept it. If you have the courage to accept responsibility people will embue you with authority.
The question then becomes can you be responsible when placed in authority.

The problem comes when the irresponsible place authority in the irresponsible.

#383660 - 03/01/08 09:06 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: oldman]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Right on the button, Mark. Couldn't have said it better myself.

#383661 - 03/02/08 10:28 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: MattJ]
JM2007 Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
BrianS,

It is sometimes difficult to get a "read" on exactly what someone is saying when only reading their words, instead of listening to them talk. What I mean is, sometimes words may be read more harshly, or someone may unintentionally come across as being sarcastic, or as putting someone down, etc. You can't voice inflections, see facial expressions or read body language. I am trying to be respectful when I am discussing this with you, so I sincerely hope you are not taking it any other way.

As you stated, these are both opinions that are going back and forth. I was not and am not "bent out of shape." My point was to let you know, and anyone else reading, that just because something is presented in a particular way does not mean it is so.

My comment about being a backseat driver was not intended to inflame, but just what I thought was a good analogy. Too many people in the United States think badly about cops because of videos like this that come out, without knowing all the facts, or without having any experience to base opinions on. I have personally been accused of using excessive force, of being a racist, and several other things...all of which were/are bunk.

Please don't be offended by my comments...just understand that they are based on personal experience.

Janxspirit:
The objective of placing responsible people in authority is to prevent anarchy. Some bad apples get in. Yes, authority has been misused often in the past, however, that is why we have a constitution, and even though we are certainly not perfect, I personally believe this is still the greatest country to have ever existed in the history of the world. Authority is much more than law enforcement...it's building roads, national defense, developing energy products, without it, well...the world would be a completely different place. And probably not one I would want to live in. The key, however, I believe, as Oldman inferred (I think) is placing responsible people in those positions of great trust. That way, you can live your lives in a generally safe and free environment.

Just my thoughts...Jason

Edited by JM2007 (03/02/08 10:31 PM)

#383662 - 03/06/08 05:49 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: JM2007]
hunterkell Offline

Loc: fl usa
BrianS,

You did not (in your initial post) suggest you were making an "opinion", you were making a statement of fact in your decleration.

However, I do support your right to post your opinion on this site, as I feel you should support my right to post an opinion that is opposite of yours.

You are correct inasmuch that I am not a civilian, I am a police officer that has dedicated his life to serving and protecting others (read: civilians), and when I read comments such as you posted (and initially posted as fact), I do speak (write) my opinion reference those posts <-that I deem as irresponsible/short-sighted.

Your snide comments re "meager civlian life..." show (again) that you suffer some type of bias (in my opinion). I feel that by making that statement you are trying to insuate that I feel I am better then you or above you...and that is simply not true.

I never spoke ill of civilians (read: non emergency personel/YOU did that)), I simply stated there is a difference in the way we view life (even as a Kennedy might view life differently as compared to someone who is in the middle class).

I have spent 14 years working in public service (with very different jobs) and I have never looked down on people who do not do what I do....

Say what you mean and say it straight out, don't resort to snide comments, it shows a weakness of character (and that is my opinion also).

Kel

Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it.

#383663 - 03/06/08 06:41 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: hunterkell]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

*kicks hunterkell in the peepee*

#383664 - 03/06/08 07:49 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: BrianS]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
HK,

If you wanted an honest assesment, you got one. I didn't read all this thread, but Brian's honesty to your request for it certainly made me laugh. And that's worth something.

#383665 - 03/06/08 09:01 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: butterfly]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

You rock!!

I was alright until the "lack of character" thing. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a character,lol.

#383666 - 03/07/08 12:22 PM Re: Scary Stuff Bad Cops [Re: kyushoperson]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
Good luck, kyushoperson. I tried to bring attention to rampant police misconduct on here a few weeks ago and got flayed alive for it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga