FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Marcus Charles 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#381541 - 02/04/08 07:48 AM UFC 81 (possible Spoilers)
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
This is for you guys who haven't allready seen the fights

http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/search/label/ufc%2081%20videos

Scroll down fro Mir v Lesnar and Sylvia v Big Nog

Then we can discuss it (dont want to ruin it for anyone!)

#381542 - 02/04/08 10:25 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: shills11]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

I'd like to hear what people thought about the Mir Lesner fight...seems to me the outcome, didn't really reflect the match.

Gave me a hollow feeling.

#381543 - 02/04/08 10:32 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: shills11]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Cheers for the link, shills! Man, some excellent fights there!

Horn vs Marquardt had a lot of action. I thought Marquardt totally KO'd Horn at one point with an elbow, but Jeremy kept on going, somehow. Great fight.

Sylvia vs Nogueira was another excellent fight. Can't believe how sharp Sylvia looked on his feet. Good, sharp striking combined with impressive take-down defense. Finally looked to me like the champion that he has been. Was very suprised that Nogueira decided to keep the fight on the feet for as much as he did. Hard to fault Tim's performance, right up until the Anaconda choke by Nogueira. Tim now has my repect.

Lesnar vs Mir was pretty shocking to me. I am a big Frank Mir fan, but really expected him to lose this one. Lesnar looked frighteningly impressive for the first 3 minutes or so, with pinpoint takedown and GnP to Frank. I thought it was going to be over in the first minute, TBH. But Frank hung in there, getting battered but setting up submissions. finally tapping Brock out with a leg lock. Great for Frank! I won't doubt him again.

And while Brock did do very well here, I think this fight also conclusively shows that pro-level skill in other sporting disciplines does not mean victory in MMA.

#381544 - 02/04/08 10:55 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: MattJ]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

getting battered but setting up submissions. finally tapping Brock out with a leg lock. Great for Frank! I won't doubt him again.

I might call it getting his head caved in, clearly getting dominated, you might even say it was a beat down. Take off the gloves and Mir is a bloody pulp.

The rule set saved Mir and of course pure skill gave him the victory. I have not watched that much UFC so maybe others might have a better perspective, but personally I have never seen such lopsided loss.

#381545 - 02/04/08 11:32 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: Kimo2007]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Kimo -

Quote:

I might call it getting his head caved in, clearly getting dominated, you might even say it was a beat down. Take off the gloves and Mir is a bloody pulp.

OR......take off the gloves and Lesnar has a broken hand. And a broken leg.

I acknowledge that Lesnar was dominating the first few minutes. But you seem to imply that there was something that Lesnar could have done otherwise to get a victory?

Quote:

The rule set saved Mir

Oh boy, here we go with that......
How do you figure that the "rule set" saved Mir as opposed to Lesnar?

Quote:

I have not watched that much UFC so maybe others might have a better perspective, but personally I have never seen such lopsided loss.

Lopsided loss for Lesnar, you mean?

#381546 - 02/04/08 11:34 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: Kimo2007]
_kyle Offline

Loc: Montreal

Quote:

The rule set saved Mir and of course pure skill gave him the victory. I have not watched that much UFC so maybe others might have a better perspective, but personally I have never seen such lopsided loss.

This isn't a street fight, it's a sport. You can't speculate what would happen in a fight without gloves.

I believe Mir was going to win before the fight, my mind changed quickly in the beginning when Lesnar rocked him but I was impressed with his ability when he's being knocked around.

Minotauro was definately my favourite for this fight, after watching him submit Cro Crop after being battered I don't think big Tim could do anything to Nog that he hasn't felt before.

#381547 - 02/04/08 11:47 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: MattJ]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

take off the gloves and Lesnar has a broken hand. And a broken leg.

Take off the gloves and we never get to the broken leg...but that is speculation.

Quote:

But you seem to imply that there was something that Lesnar could have done otherwise to get a victory?

There was plenty he could have done, and that is what seperates the 2 fighters. When Mir got his leg, Lesner was standing there trying to figure out what to do.

Quote:

How do you figure that the "rule set" saved Mir as opposed to Lesnar?

Because Lesner seemed to be trying to figure out what he "Could do"...hit him in the back of the head...nope. Pick him up and drop him on his head...nope....hmmm what can I do to this guy...hey what's that on my ankle?

#381548 - 02/04/08 11:52 AM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: Kimo2007]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:

Because Lesner seemed to be trying to figure out what he "Could do"...hit him in the back of the head...nope. Pick him up and drop him on his head...nope....hmmm what can I do to this guy...hey what's that on my ankle?

Body slam is a legal move in MMA. So is suplex. Rules didn't prevent Brock from doing them - Frank did.

Hitting the back of the head is not allowed in boxing, either.

#381549 - 02/04/08 12:06 PM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: _kyle]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

This isn't a street fight, it's a sport.

Thank you I have telling people that for years.

Quote:

believe Mir was going to win before the fight, my mind changed quickly in the beginning when Lesnar rocked him but I was impressed with his ability when he's being knocked around.

No question Mir was the more talented fighter, and he did a great job of surviving and getting a submission.

My point was that the Lesner seemed like he could do whatever he wanted with Mir, almost like a man fighting a boy, then lost (thats the lopsided part).

When we discuss UFC here there is always the undertone that one guy beat the other, and it's as realistic as you can get while still being a sport.

This fight seemed to be an exception to me, it's not as if the fight was somewhat close then Mir used his BJJ and submitted Lesnar, Lesnar was about to eat his young.

I give Mir all the credit in the world he used advanced fighting skill to beat a beast. Just hard for me to watch that and think he "won a fight".

#381550 - 02/04/08 12:34 PM Re: UFC 81 (possible Spoilers) [Re: Kimo2007]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
But he did win a fight, Brock isnt versatile enough.........yet and with guys like Mir he has a LOT of experience to catch up on.

Anyone see the Heath v Boestch fight? wow.... heath was demolished by the ufc debutant who took the fight at ten days notice, never have i seen the Muay thai teep used to such an effect in an MMA fight. and did anyone else think the ref stopped the fight too late? heath was clearley gone but the referee allowed several hefty blows on him before he called it?

Matt
That elbow Horn took was painfull to watch I cant believe he got up!

Big Nog must have thought he was in dreamland when he eventually got sylvia down, it was just too easy for him (on the floor that is)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga