FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#380603 - 02/19/08 07:43 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

put it this way - if there is someday going to be a cure for cancer - it likely ain't coming from a ki-master, witch doctor, faith healer, shamen, prayer, obeah doctor, woo-based therapist or meditator.

#380604 - 02/19/08 08:05 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Vennificus]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

If, that if internal force was harvestable, would we be able to use it on other problems? Or can we use it on bacterial diseases? Viral ones? What about other problems like osteoperosis?

why stop there? I think the chi elixer can be harvested for imortality.

Quote:

In ancient China, Emperor Ching Shi
Hwang-Di spent his life hoping to avoid death. He commissioned doctors to concoct
potions and sent ships out to sea in search of islands where immortals supposedly lived.
Fearful that his efforts might ultimately fail, he enlisted more than a half-million
conscripts to build a magnificent underground tomb, surrounded by over seventhousand
life-size terracotta soldiers in military formation. Upon the emperor's death,
living servants were also buried with him.
http://www.flightfromdeath.com/media/ffd_transcript_sample.pdf

I've always wondered why he didn't just seek out the best chi-healer ?

#380605 - 02/19/08 08:43 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
you'll notice that all the chi healers are dead

Cept of course Zhang sanfeng. I was playing ultimate frizbee with him the other day

Ed's last argument
long ways to go yet, Who knows, you might be right XD

#380606 - 02/19/08 09:07 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Ed, you have a great propensity to mischaracterize everything. Nobody is claiming that chi is a cure for cancer, but like most other arguments you make about chi or your lack therof, you bait the arguments with a flavor of outright lying about what others have said. The study link I posted was about a study that stated that a medical study was being done about the effects of chi on cancer cells... period. Nobody claimed that they had "the cure"... nobody claimed anything except that it was being studied. YOU are the one who keeps claiming that somebody else said all those things and then start lambasting us with your usual "magical thinking", witch doctor tripe.

Do I believe that chi cures cancer... I don't know... and neither do you. Do I have confidence that "the cure" will come from Western Medicine?... not so much as you... and I've been exposed to "Western Medicine's" cancer treatments... and I wasn't impressed. I feel that its more of a money game than a "cure".

I don't see anything coming out about the cure for cancer that isn't "praise based" on the Cancer Societies' moneymaking drives. Like any good scam, they're always "just inches away from a cure"... and I've been hearing that for nearly 50 years...

Like "sentinel node" treatment, it's a lab experiment that hasn't "quite reached clinical use" yet. When my wife was sick, I researched everything that was a possible cure for her type of breast cancer. The most promising information was on "sentinel node" procedures, which could track cancer down and kill it at the cellular level... it was a matter of filtering the blood of a cancer patient, and zapping the t-cells with a laser... A great experiment, but of no practical use... but it was touted as the "new research finding" of the cancer researchers... so while they have lots of "experiments", they have few results... only propaganda telling us what a great job they're doing.

What they need to do is actually cure something... then, I'll be impressed. Til then, chi's as good as as a good scam job...

#380607 - 02/19/08 09:29 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

you need help with English sometimes. read again:
Quote:

if there is someday going to be a cure for cancer - it likely ain't coming from a ki-master, witch doctor, faith healer, shamen, prayer, obeah doctor, woo-based therapist or meditator.

keywords: IF, SOMEDAY, LIKELY

where did I say it was claimed that chi is a cure for cancer? I believe you were the one who suggested it. and quite clearly:
Quote:

Can cancer cells be affected by chi... I have no doubt they can... but just like the current state of martial arts training, I doubt that there are enough "true masters" of chi or chi projection around to make it a functional method of cancer treatment.

so in other words, 'true masters' of chi can cure cancer, but there aren't enough to lay hands on to all cancer patients each year? thats what the implication of your statement is, right? the way you worded it was in terms of there not being 'enough' true chi masters. so given one true chi master and one patient, then that one person's cancer can be cured?

maybe not what you meant, but your wording is suggesting such.

#380608 - 02/19/08 09:41 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

just this statement shows what we are dealing with here:
Quote:

Can cancer cells be affected by chi... I have no doubt they can

if a person has 'no doubt' then that means they base that on evidence. if there is no evidence, then it falls firmly in the realm of belief.

well, this thread's study is the only known study I know of that even conducted such a test. and the study is cut to ribbons in flaw. so in effect, you are saying despite evidence to the contrary you still have 'no doubt'. That indicates to me, our argument is flawed since you are defending a personal belief and I'm pointing out apparent fact.

so this argument is dead, really.

#380609 - 02/19/08 10:34 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

so this argument is dead, really.

I have "no doubt" it will be resurrected.

#380610 - 02/20/08 12:00 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: oldman]
pathfinder7195 Offline

Loc: T.C Michigan, U.S
Thanks for all the replies.

#380611 - 02/20/08 12:19 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: pathfinder7195]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

and remember: This thread and beliefs therein do not substitute for medical care. Please consult your MD.

#380612 - 02/20/08 01:44 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Ed,

I think it comes down to "I'm better than you". "I know more,am more experienced, better qualified.." etc...

If you don't know enough about ki, then you are obviously an amateur. Stick to kicking and punching, then maybe in 10 yrs you will be ready to learn,lol.

It's all theory until someone can prove it. It's up to the individual to buy into it or not. I'm not buying into it myself.

I believe in alot of things that I cannot see or prove,but ki is not one of them.

Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga