FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
ergees 1
swordy 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#380583 - 02/18/08 11:31 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: pathfinder7195]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

no. I was just suggesting that it was not eliminated as a possibility in the study.

also, if you read without letting your emotions cloud your judgement, I mentioned a few times that pointing out the flaws in the study does not negate people's beliefs in ki.

as far spending so much time in this thread, check this one out - it's twice as long:
http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...00#Post15985256

sometimes we entertain imagination, sometimes argument. It's all good, but I notice you are more concerned with defending ki than defending against a zombie armagedon scenario.

#380584 - 02/19/08 12:10 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

no. I was just suggesting that it was not eliminated as a possibility in the study.

It heat could do it, then I don't see why conventional cancer treatment needed to use radioactive based methods, just a good hot hair-dryer would have surficed.

#380585 - 02/19/08 12:18 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

sure. all you have to do is first gather all the cancer cells from within the body and put them in a petre dish.

#380586 - 02/19/08 12:34 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

sure. all you have to do is first gather all the cancer cells from within the body and put them in a petre dish.

Is that what they do in radiological cancer treatment?

#380587 - 02/19/08 01:48 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I think you mean radiation therapy. radiology is an imaging method. two different things.

but no, since removing the cancer cells would take care of the problem in it's own right. besides, I doubt you'd want to compare who lives longer, a cancer patient who undergoes only ki treatment or one who undergoes only radiation.

it would be the difference of buying them a wig vs. a casket for their next birthday.

#380588 - 02/19/08 02:15 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Folks, we've got a few people who have a genuine interest it this stuff. Have the ability to think freely and actually research topics openly from a scientific perspective and also an eastern. I think we have a golden actually start some meaning conversation here. Ed lacks all of these abilities. I have a solution to that problem. Do the following:

Click on his name to view his profile and then click on the "Ignore User" Option. Works a treat. Ed, honestly you've become that annoying that I have now followed that course of action, so please don't bother replying to this as, well you understand.

#380589 - 02/19/08 03:56 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Gavin]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

BTW I typed that extremely early pre-coffee!

#380590 - 02/19/08 06:40 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Gavin]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
It would be rather grim if Ed was chosen herald of the apocalypse, and we all had him on ignore.

#380591 - 02/19/08 06:48 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

you are obviously emotionally attached to your beliefs and cannot conduct a rational discussion by stepping outside yourself and looking at things the way they are instead of what you feel they are.

Nice try, Ed... the old "create a bias on the debater's part when you have no argument against the information"... not the first time you've tried it, either.

Pathfinder's definition is pretty accurate, about the uniting of the mind, body and spirit, and I've spent 45 years training to do that. I think that trumps your "emotional attachment" argument a bit... and, as usual, you present nothing to defend your case that it's just something of love. Maybe it is... who the hell knows? You certainly can't prove it either way, yourself.

From my notes "on being a black belt"... "the black belt is not only the measure of skills in fighting, but the measure of a person with a large, and forgiving heart. Deadly skills are entrusted to you, and the responsibility to use them correctly, not only for your own self defense, but the good of society. In training others, you must impart that balance between the ability to kill others and to forgive their foolishness and tauntings... for people who do not understand the basis of your arts will have perceptiions that are both foolish and errant.

Love your students and those that you contact during your training... for they are often disparaged from failures, lack of understanding, and inability to do what you do as a teacher. You will meet many people in martial arts... some who are very skilled, some who are not... but at heart, they are still all good people. You will impart much to them, and gain much from them... it is a two way street. Learn from everyone, absorb their energies, and transmit yours to those that prove themselves worthy."

A bit of a far cry from voodoo, wouldn't you say? Yes, I have an emotional attachment to everyone... not just my wife, and her problems... but to everyone I come in contact with. It is often negative... but I push through that to extend myself and hopefully turn that negative energy into something that benefits us both.

You're all about "western medicine", but my experience with it has been more that they are only willing to make you more comfortable dying in their effort to cure cancer. They can tell you what treatments you can have based on when the insurance runs out... and fortunately, ours was limitless... so if Western Medicine was that great, my wife should have lived well beyond what she did. "Statistically" she died a full year before she should have.

You're right about one thing, however... I didn't have the "clinical attitude" we got from the doctors and staff who were protecting themselves from "emotional involvement" in her treatment. Perhaps if they'd had a bit more of it, she might have lived even longer. Who's to say?

#380592 - 02/19/08 09:25 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Vennificus]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

It would be rather grim if Ed was chosen herald of the apocalypse, and we all had him on ignore.

If the world was really going to come to an end would you really want to know? I try to live my life on a day to day basis anyhow and try to do everything I need to do and tell the people in my life the things I need to tell them. I'd probably not do that much differently come the apocalypse..besides holding up a big sign saying, "Please take me to your Mother-ship!" and probably cancel the Papers!

Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga