FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 14 of 22 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#380543 - 02/14/08 05:24 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: pathfinder7195]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Quote:

Opinion means nothing to you Ed. Enough people on here have given their opinion to you and for what, to be mocked and ridiculed for what they believe in. To be told to "prove it". I don't need to give my opinion on here about this topic. Herbert Benson has much better qualifications than I do or you Ed. You may call what you do a debate, but really its just to goad and mock people. Why else would a person spend so much time on something they don't believe in?

Again Ed. Just your opinion without anymore background in this than myself. Magical thinker? Maybe but still better than a troll. But a troll with opinions. Gee that's something new Ed.

Debating with me is rather pointless since neither one of us garnish any sway whatsoever with the scientific community on this topic. And I think people's beliefs on topic are already in place regardless what either one of us say.

Quote of the thread for me.

#380544 - 02/14/08 07:36 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Gavin]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

my favorite was this manifestation:
Quote:

you can freeze frame the procedure and clearly identify the Yin and Yang state within that manifestation. Then you can then take either the Yin or the Yang from that manifestation and find a Yin and Yang state within it also. Then you can take the manifestation of that manifestation and find more Yin and Yang states of existence.

#380545 - 02/14/08 09:22 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

Quote:

you can freeze frame the procedure and clearly identify the Yin and Yang state within that manifestation. Then you can then take either the Yin or the Yang from that manifestation and find a Yin and Yang state within it also. Then you can take the manifestation of that manifestation and find more Yin and Yang states of existence.

Sounds like Quantum theory!

#380546 - 02/14/08 09:22 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Glad you liked it Ed. As I said mate, Good luck!

#380547 - 02/14/08 09:27 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: MattJ]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Sounds like Quantum theory!

#380548 - 02/17/08 11:40 PM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: pathfinder7195]
bonjopi Offline

I always get a little upset when I glance at these public forums involving martial arts and mediation. So much doubt.
When you start to train in martial arts there are two things
you need to get started. Faith and imagination. There is such
an energy as Chi or Qi or whatever you want to use. You have to have faith that this energy exists. You need imagination
in the beginning, that is the tool that explains how the real tools work. The reason that no one can come up with a
demonstration of how chi operates that could be appreciated
by the science community, is that chi operates at a level that is outside of most peoples awareness. When you train
in martial arts and meditation, everything you do is to get
your awareness up. You need a real master to take you to the level of "Energy Awareness". That is where chi operates.
This level of movement is invisible to most people. So is air and electricity and magnetism; some of the most powerful
forces we know about. You could do internal movements in a crowd of people and no one would know what you are doing.
The only people that can show you that stuff are the masters. They don't show you anything until you get there because they know you would not understand otherwise. So this is the predicament of martial arts and mediation. If you can't tell weather someone is a master or not, how should you proceed.
My notions of martial arts when I started compared to now are so far apart - different world's, the only two aspects that remain from the beginning are faith and imagination.
Chi is something that has to be cultivated. Like growing a flower, requires time and effort. You could start out right away by using your imagination to channel your chi where you
need the help. Imagination is one of the keys that unlocks the doors. So to all those thinkers out there trying to
dissect martial arts and meditation. These skills are above
your opinions. They were put together long before modern science showed up on the scene.
The training in martial arts is designed to be very hard
because getting the body relaxed enough to flow Chi properly
is the goal. When you do Tai Chi slowly for years and years
the reason for that is that your body learns how to align the techniques properly. If you throw a high speed technique
improperly you can do internal damage.
I'll give you an example of internal movement from my own experience, so you'll have a reference point.
I was doing a lot of Tai Chi and meditation training in my early years. I was at home alone, no one else in the house, doing a Tai Chi form and something punched me. I felt the blow the same way you would if someone actually hit you. I stopped training for six months.
This type of movement is nothing like what you hear about
in the books or movies or forums. If you scare easily stay away from Martial Arts.

#380549 - 02/18/08 03:10 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: bonjopi]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Unfortuantely mate, whilst I can see where you're coming from I think you're about to get torn to pieces by our resident sceptics. It's best, when discussing things such as this its best to stick mainly with the nuts and bolts rather than the stuff that you notice and experience as a result of those nuts and bolts. As you said its all a matter of awareness and most won't appreciate where you are coming through and you'll probably experience ridicule more than discussion.

#380550 - 02/18/08 03:49 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Gavin]
bonjopi Offline

One of the techniques Kung Fu people use when they get
annoyed is to explain what cost them dearly and you
can pretend the information is irrelevant. This is a martial arts forum. There are very few people with access to "awareness energy". There are a lot of people that have
very bad energy flow, very negative.
I have witnessed more than I care to share in the field
of people affecting each other, good and bad.
Chi and martial arts are nothing like you could ever imagine. There are very few people with the courage to look.
Of all the people I have shown internal martial arts techniques to, none have come back for a second look.
I apologize for my abruptness, I realized a long time
ago this stuff is fun and games for most. The reason I posted was to express my concern, if the information is
irrelevant, you should be able to easily forget about it.

#380551 - 02/18/08 07:36 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: bonjopi]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

If asking rational questions is considered ridicule or negative, then don't answer them.
I guess the first question you could ask yourself is, did you post in order to recieve questions or were you announcing?

here are my other questions for you, if you are brave enough to address them:
1. any thoughts about the topic of the thread?

2. Can someone believing and harnessing chi live longer than someone who does not?

3. Can someone believing and harnessing the energy force you are talking about, defend themselves/fight/do anything more effectively than someone who does not ?

4. If there are no physical or external observable effects from harnessing the energy you describe, then are these effects confined to the spiritual?

thanks in advance.

#380552 - 02/18/08 08:29 AM Re: "KI" effects on cancer cells. Scientific study [Re: Ed_Morris]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
2 So far so good
3 there's a chance
4 I think there's something a little "outside" our current studies in science, not too long ago we learned that protons, electrons, and other quarks and subatoms actually decay into radiation, something we never quite realized before

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if some day some bored monk walks out of the himilayas and kamehameha's india,
ok yeah I would be surprised, I be downright flabbergasted, but mainly because he blew up india

Edited by Vennificus (02/18/08 08:30 AM)

Page 14 of 22 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga