FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
ergees 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432377 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#379779 - 01/23/08 09:03 PM Some groin muscles just never heal
Salek Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Hey guys. I am really frustrated with myself right now, and just at the world in general.

About two months ago maybe a little more I was attempting to do the splits. Normally i can get about a fist away, no biggy. but I just went down this time and heard/felt two snaps. I fell the the ground hunched into a ball. -- my newly ripped groin muscle.

I gave it two weeks then started training on it again and everything went well for about a week then i heard the pop again and although slightly less painful it did return. I gave it another two weeks and bam same thing. Then I gave it about three and all went well for a while but just about two weeks ago I was training and the pain just gradually crept up on me, then it went away the next day.

Now just a couple hours ago i was training, doing some light sparring, and I went for a head level round house, heard the pop and 'walah' ripped once again.

Will this ever go away!? What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
A very frustrated me

#379780 - 01/23/08 09:12 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: Salek]
evad74 Offline

Loc: Qld, Australia
FWIW I had a similar thing happen from a a bad throw, and found that it took a couple of weeks for it to feel better. But the muscle wasn't actually healed. Did the same thing as you, trained like it was all good and ended up stuffing it again...and again.

Finally smartened up and took it real easy with that leg in training even after it felt it was ok. In all I think it took a few months, but eventually it did get better. Now I have no probs with it. Take it easy & good luck.

#379781 - 01/23/08 09:21 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: Salek]
jasperdaman Offline

Loc: Australia
I'd say talk to your doctor, i strained a tendon in my foot once and it took atleast 6-8 weeks until i could run again... I would think you just need to let it rest longer instead of w8ing a little bit then tearing then w8ing then tearing, cant be good for the long run.

#379782 - 01/23/08 09:22 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: evad74]
Salek Offline

Loc: Minnesota
thanks, that was my next plan of action, I just didnt want to take that long off...

there is a tournament that i have to compete in on saturday but after that im thinkin its time to be careful...

#379783 - 01/24/08 09:36 AM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: Salek]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Muscle and tendon injuries can take a LONG time to heal. 6-8 weeks is not uncommon. Stop injuring yourself!

#379784 - 01/24/08 05:29 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: MattJ]
AAMeeting Offline

I did this ages ago and have constant pain in my groin. I don't think it will ever heal but I just use zen and don't worry about it, stretch out and get warmed up before training and its more or less ok

I recomend doing work on your range of motion, this will take the stress out of your ligaments when you do techniques. If it's really bad then rest it, it will only get wors if you don't but you want to train so maybe just take it light and work on your upper body strength until it heals

#379785 - 01/24/08 06:00 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: AAMeeting]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Salek:

Make an appointment to see your doctor, its been injured sufficently, don't you think? Skip the tournament unless you enjoy reinjuring yourself... AGAIN.

The fact it keeps happening says you must acknowledge it for real, and find a different approach ASAP.

Jeff

#379786 - 01/24/08 09:34 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: Salek]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Salek,
not everybody is meant to do a full split. I was really flexible when I was young, and could do almost a full split myself... then I got a hernia... and my groin area locked up. Six weeks after surgery, it let me know that it would never go where it had once gone... so I learned the limits of my techniques (kicking) and simply stretch until it starts hurting, and stop. It doesn't make sense to walk around injured trying to train.

I'd see a doctor to make sure I didn't need any repair surgery, and then simply stretch until it started causing pain again. Nobody will take away your credibility because you can't do a full split, and unless you're into X-treme MA, you don't need to kick vertically.

Take care of your body... they come 1 to a customer...

#379787 - 01/24/08 09:53 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: wristtwister]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Wristtwister:

Did I read rightly stretch to the point that it does hurt then stop?

Jeff

#379788 - 01/24/08 10:01 PM Re: Some groin muscles just never heal [Re: Ronin1966]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Maybe "gets uncomfortable" is a better term... if you stretch a lot, you can tell when your muscles have about had enough... that's what I meant...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga