FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 10 of 20 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#377046 - 01/11/08 09:46 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: JAMJTX]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

would you be up for a 'global freezing' debate then?

#377047 - 01/11/08 09:48 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Whatever is happening in the media it's BAD and we are all supposed to be scared to death over it.

#377048 - 01/11/08 11:10 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
Quote:

would you be up for a 'global freezing' debate then?

Why not. It's happened before a number of times and will happen again.

There was the "major" ice age and a number of mini ice ages over the course of earth's history. Jut as there have been warmings. Just look back to the 1930's and the "dust bowl days". Then from the mid-late 30's through the 70's temps went back down.

In the mid 1970's we were warned of the coming ice age that was being caused by pollution. Scientists then wanted to push large amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere to melt the polar ice cap to raise temperatures.

No one is denying that climate changes and is changing now. What is being said is that the climate always has changed and always will and that it is not controlled by man. Climate goes through natural cycles.

It is only the pro-global warming side that chooses not only to ignore science and facts but to go as far as to lie about science in order to make thier point.

#377049 - 01/11/08 11:14 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: BrianS]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Whatever is happening in the media it's BAD and we are all supposed to be scared to death over it.

How true...

The current "mortgage crisis" is another one of those "chicken little" situations. 96 percent of the people paying mortgages are making their payments on time... which leaves 4 percent of bad loans out there. Now, who is "invested" in those loans?... it's companies who are getting fees for "helping people get mortgages" that wouldn't ordinarily qualify for mortgages... why wouldn't they qualify... they can't make the payments... so it's a "given" that if you get them a mortgage, eventually, they won't be able to pay it... duh! So this "crisis" is the money markets squealing that they've done some "bad business" and are getting stung by people who they knew couldn't make the payments in the first place...

They're looking for a government bailout now, so let me give you an analogy...

I know if I cut the radiator hoses on my car, eventually the engine will run hot... but I go ahead and cut them. Sure enough, I go down the road and the engine overheats... and it's a crisis, because I need to have my car running to go places... so I call my rich uncle and tell him to send somebody over to fix my car because I have places to go.

There's nothing to keep me from cutting the hoses again... and creating exactly the same situation all over again, but, of course, good old Uncle Sam bails me out and gets me running again. Turns out that he has to raise his prices right after that to pay for all that help he sent me...

Biggest scam on the planet... global warming

2nd biggest scam on the planet... the mortgage bailout...

3rd will be whateve the news media can create...

Quick, go tell Henny Penny and Goosey Loosey....

#377050 - 01/11/08 11:58 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: wristtwister]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
SARS is going to kill us!!!! RUN!!!

No wait,it's the SUPERBUG!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! HELP!!!

WAIT...ANTHRAX is rampant!!!!!!

BIRDFLU!!!!!! MORTGAGE RATES!!!! GAS PRICES WILL REACH $5 A GALLON!!!

Al Quida is going to get us!!!! The Mexicans are taking over!!!!!!! GLOBAL WARMING...AHHHHH!!!!!

OH NO!!!! AN ASTERIOD IS GOING TO HIT US RREEEEAAALLLLL SOOOOOONNNN!!!!!!

Drink bottled water...the tap stuff will give you CANCER, gingivitus, scours, etc....!!!!! runnnnnnnn.....THE internet is going to crash!!!!!

THE SUN IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!! Half the population is moving to mars!!!

Well, I think I've had enough with being scared to death by the media and politicians. They can all kiss my ass.

#377051 - 01/12/08 12:55 AM A related issue [Re: JAMJTX]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

Article
New Solar Activity Is Trouble for GPS, Cell Phones & Power Companies

"Sunspots are areas of intense magnetic activity on the sun that appear on roughly an 11-year cycle. The location and characteristics of Sunspot No. 10,981 tell scientists that the newest cycle -- known as Solar Cycle 24 -- has begun. The solar activity can release tremendous blasts of energy toward Earth -- interfering with an array of sensitive electronic systems."

I wonder if these "tremendous blasts of energy" from the sun might spike the temperature a little bit?

If I recall my 3rd grade science correctly, heat from the sun warms the earth. Or it could be that my 3rd grade teacher was a republican who secretly worked for the oil companies and lied to me about that.

#377052 - 01/12/08 12:56 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: BrianS]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

lol

hey you forgot the evil aliens taking over the planet. see, we should have funded Reagan's 'star wars' program in the 80's. it would have cost les than the Iraq war.

I'm not into hype to push agenda, I just think the 'not eating where you crap' guidline applies.

regardless of all the hoopla, junk science and political wannabes - spewing less crap into air, water or earth is better than spewing more crap into air,water and earth. period.

common sense: don't crap where you eat.

#377053 - 01/12/08 01:02 AM Re: A related issue [Re: JAMJTX]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Or it could be that my 3rd grade teacher was a republican who secretly worked for the oil companies and lied to me about that.

nah, more likely your republican family and/or friends or church duped you into the Bush agenda like wristtwister.

meanwhile, you guys are probably middle-class and getting screwed over....and voting for just the very things that are screwing you over. lol

wanna compare deficits at the end of republican administrations VS at the end of democrate ones? that would make an interesting and revealing discussion, wouldn't it?

#377054 - 01/12/08 01:33 AM Re: A related issue [Re: Ed_Morris]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

Ed,

So now your're denying that solar activity warms the earth? And you talk to us like we're idiots?

Clinton had the luxury of inheriting the Reagan economy. Despite his best efforts to screw the American people, the economy still stayed strong for most of his admin - thanks to a republican congress that restrained him/her. GWB later inherited the Clinton recession, as well as the weakened military, Osama Bin Laden, etc. etc, etc.

#377055 - 01/12/08 07:22 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

common sense: don't crap where you eat.

There are over 6 billion of us, we cant do anything else but eat where we crap- unless you happen to live the outback of Australia of course.

Guys, the last 5 posts or so have moved away from environment + politics to pure politics. remember we have the PM function for that stuff, lets bring it back on topic please

Page 10 of 20 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga