FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Matakiant 3
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Martial News
by Matakiant
Today at 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Martial News
by Matakiant
Today at 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35576 Topics
432496 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#376976 - 01/06/08 08:15 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

The people with an agenda on this topic are the ones who are working so hard to "debunk" Global Warming. They have a pre determined outcome they are working very hard to try and validate, they are getting very little to no traction in the scientific community because their evidence does not hold up to scutiny....so they are waging a battle in the court of public opinion.

When you hear the term junk science, it's coming from people who are not scientist, and have an agenda. It's not as if MIT says yes to Global Warming and Cal Tech says no it's junk science.

Well said, Kimo. Saved me the trouble.

#376977 - 01/06/08 08:19 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: wristtwister]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I'm not aware of anything that has changed that model... other than the "Chicken Little" claims of Al Gore and his leftist buddies .

Your lack of awareness of gravity has little bearing of it's existence. And the idea that industry would be ahead of the global warming problem really concerns me. Industry wouldn't have hardly any of the safe guards if they were not mandated by regulation. I'd say their lack of adaptation says more about the politcal regulatory environment then any scientific validation.

What I find so interesting and concerning is the complete and utter polticalization of this issue. In lieu of science you here anecdotal examples and "why is it so cold today if there is global warming" (which is really ridiculous because even if you don't think it's man caused, there is NO doubt it's happening).

Barry Goldwater was an environmentalist, so was Teddy Roosevelt. So the term "lefty" has no place in the discussion, unless it;s more about who you don't like, then what is actually true.

#376978 - 01/06/08 08:20 PM THE CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING AND PREDICTIONS FOR TH [Re: Kimo2007]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
Here's atleast 1 University study that disagrees witk Kimo:
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2006AM/finalprogram/abstract_108164.htm

BTW: Universities have to get involved in politics in order to get government grants. A university in a left leaning state like CA would have a very hard time getting money to do real scientific research into "global warming" if nancy pelosi knew they disagreed with her. On the other hand, if she knew they would rig the data to prove her point, she would fight to get them every penney the asked for. You then have a win, win, win situation - nancy gets to keep beating her drum, the university gets a huge cash infusion and the "scentists" get published and also get a payday. The only losers are the American people.

#376979 - 01/06/08 09:53 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Your lack of awareness of gravity has little bearing of it's existence.

Sorry, Slick, but gravity wasn't the issue... and just for your information, the "politicizing" of global warming was done by Al Bore and his minions... not me. There's a signicant difference in "stating" scientific facts and proving them. All the math that has been done on the information provided by our former almost-chief executive says that the resulting climate impacts were 10 to 100 times less (.03 to .3 degrees increase as opposed to the stated 3 to 6 degrees used by the global warming wonks.).

Quote:

Industry wouldn't have hardly any of the safe guards if they were not mandated by regulation.

That shows me how much actual "industry experience" you have. EVERY industry has standards that they use for doing their work, manufacturing, and insuring that they aren't dismantling the world by their operations. Sure, some of them were established because of legal regulation, but most industry standards are set by the industries themselves. Unlike politicians, they have good science to back up their conclusions, and do many of the things necessary to keep discharges safe and at safe levels because of liability. They're not stupid enough to think that killing everything downstream won't be tracked back to them, and they know that the EPA will hit them with Superfund fines if they are polluting the streams or air.

Quote:

In lieu of science you here anecdotal examples and "why is it so cold today if there is global warming" (which is really ridiculous because even if you don't think it's man caused, there is NO doubt it's happening).

And that is based on what? My opinion is based on 15 years of environmental engineering practice with major industry, chemical plants, and manufacturing... what's your's based on? My job was building waste treatment plants, effluent and air quality discharge systems... what exactly is the experience you've based your opinion on?

Quote:

Barry Goldwater was an environmentalist, so was Teddy Roosevelt. So the term "lefty" has no place in the discussion, unless it;s more about who you don't like, then what is actually true.

Some more of that "anecdotal information" you were talking about? I don't know what Barry Goldwater or Teddy Roosevelt thought, and don't much care... as far as being "leftists", they could have wiped their butts with their left hand... I have no idea. The leftists in the political arena today, are clearly defined as those that want bigger government, more regulation, less freedom, and elitist control of everything in your life. If you think government will give you a fairer shake than industry when it comes to dealing with air and water quality, you're sadly mistaken... let me give you an example...

One of the plants I worked at in Tennessee used mercury in it's manufacturing process. The EPA came to town and told the company they were going to measure the mercury levels in the river downstream.

The company was fined for a violation of "Arsenic" levels in the river. Naturally occuring arsenic is in the river, and the levels where the EPA took their samples were the same as where they took them upstream of the plant... so the plant was putting none of the arsenic into the river, but it took a year and a half and several hundred thousand dollars in legal fees and fines to convince the court that the EPA had only used the arsenic levels because they couldn't fine the company for their mercury discharges either. The naturally occuring arsenic levels were higher than the EPA standards... but unless the EPA was going to fine God for creating a river that exceeded their limits, the plant where I worked was the first opportunity they had to fine somebody and extract money... so don't look for the government to be "trying to protect you" with their regulations either.

#376980 - 01/06/08 10:04 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I look at it this way: regardless of who is right or left, correct or wrong - a course towards less pollution is better than a neverending increase. independant of what can or cannot be proven. it's common sense: don't crap where you eat.

btw, for the George Carlin fans...another quote (can't quote the whole thing here):
Quote:

That man... men...males have pushed the technology that just about has this planet in a stranglehold. Mother Earth raped again, guess who..."hey she was asking for it."

a contridiction to his "planet is fine" material...know why? he's a comedian.

#376981 - 01/06/08 10:53 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Ed,
I think it was George Carlin who once said "man is the only animal that can drill for oil thousands of feet beneath the sea, pump it to the top, spill it, and then to clean it up, put a chemical to sink it back to the bottom, killing everything in between..."

#376982 - 01/07/08 12:25 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: wristtwister]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Sorry, Slick, but gravity wasn't the issue...

I am about as Slick as Will Ferral on a panty raid, but thanks for the compliment...

Quote:

the "politicizing" of global warming was done by Al Bore and his minions... not me

I am not expressing any support for Al Gore or his movie (which I have not seen) in fact I think I have gone out of my way to dismiss anyone who is political or has an agenda of any kind in favor of listening to those who are truly qualified to evaluate the data.

You (and another) have laced most of your comments with shots and politcal figures on the left and the left itself. That stuff falls on deaf ears, I quickly dismiss anything that sounds like a radio talkshow host.

Quote:

That shows me how much actual "industry experience" you have. EVERY industry has standards that they use for doing their work, manufacturing, and insuring that they aren't dismantling the world by their operations. Sure, some of them were established because of legal regulation,

First read the Jungle, then read up on the labor movement. While sure industry will self regulate to a certain point usually there is a big stick somewhere in the picture.

Quote:

do many of the things necessary to keep discharges safe and at safe levels because of liability

Don't look now but is that a big stick? Sounds like what you are saying is they CYA not because it's the right thing to do, but because they fear the consequences...

Quote:

what exactly is the experience you've based your opinion on?

I don't like questions like this, I have a saying "beware of the man who reads you his resume". The reason being is your arguments or merits should stand on there own. But I will say I spend quite a bit of time with PhD, MD, and engineers at work and at Thanksgiving.

Quote:

let me give you an example...

Your experience with a Chuckleheaded EPA beaurocrat is hardly relevent (although trust me when I say I feel your pain I could tell you plenty of stories as well).

Look I can see why you would have concerns about the ability of Goverment officials to make policy, but that is a different thread.

#376983 - 01/07/08 12:35 AM Re: THE CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING AND PREDICTIONS FOR TH [Re: JAMJTX]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Here's atleast 1 University study that disagrees witk Kimo:

Thats one abstract at one conference...AKA, Wednesday 11:15-12:45 in room E205. Ever attended one of these conferences?

My guess is no.

OK guys I am going to tap out, the speaker of the house is supressing all true research in order to push through a poltical agenda...I don't even know where to begin with that one so I'll just go see some coral reefs before they are all dead.

:bows:

#376984 - 01/07/08 12:46 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

"Barry Goldwater was an environmentalist, so was Teddy Roosevelt. So the term "lefty" has no place in the discussion, unless it;s more about who you don't like, then what is actually true."

When did either one of these men lie to the American people about global warming?

There is a huge difference between being an environmentalist and lying about environmental science in order to persue a political agenda.

We certainly should, as I stated before, work to protect and preserve the environment. But what we shouldn't be doing is lying to people about the environment in order to trick them into rolling back thier live styles, doubling thier taxes and all the programs that the libs want force on the people.

The other really big problem I have with this man-made gloabl warming nonsense is watching the government lie to school children about science and call it "education".

#376985 - 01/07/08 12:58 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: JAMJTX]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

"Thats one abstract at one conference...AKA, Wednesday 11:15-12:45 in room E205."

Yes, just one OUT OF HUNDREDS.

The science is IN. The notion of man-caused global warming is a lie.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga