FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#377006 - 01/07/08 11:12 PM The Grady is a jack of all trades thread [Re: wristtwister]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Nah Grady. I really do believe that you are a "undercover disaster recovery deputized fugitive pipe boiler designer and cleaner for a church nursery." LOL!!!

#377007 - 01/08/08 12:51 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Cord]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

but then they...just...cant...quite... make it...to the end...of the post....without shaking up another hornets nest and betraying themselves as anything but neutral.

Why whatever do you mean?

Besides this thread has never been about reason, I gave up that hope several pages ago.

#377008 - 01/08/08 03:43 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

groundbreaking news:

Bush Acknowledges Existence Of Carbon Dioxide

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bush_acknowledges_existence_of

#377009 - 01/08/08 03:55 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
First co2 now they might say WATER exists? What is the world coming too? Now we KNOW the end is near! Preposterous.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#377010 - 01/08/08 03:57 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA

#377011 - 01/10/08 03:41 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Kimo2007]
floatfishski Offline

Loc: Danver for now.
Quote:

Why whatever do you mean?

Besides this thread has never been about reason, I gave up that hope several pages ago.

Global warming has never been about "reason" but rather about a crow bar of redistribution. I currently do alternative fuels research using beta mirrors to cleave water into hydrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen peroxide. I've consulted at NREL (National Renewable Energy Lab) and NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research). I did my post doc in physics, my Ph.D. in physical chemistry (University of Florida under Russ Drago), MS in math (University of Colorado), BS in chemistry and a BS in fisheries biology. I'm a board certified industrial toxicologist as well as a certified auditor for Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Water Act, Super Fund and SARA Title II among others. That is my Curriculum Vitae in brief. So I guess I will fit into the “unreasonable” class when I say, point blank, that this whole concept of a “scientific consensus” thing is a farce! The anthropogenic forcing of global warming amounts to between 2% to 7%, if even that much! And mathematically the models are about as flawed as anything I’ve looked at. They depend on, and require multiple positive feed backs that have actually turned out to be negative feed backs. Such things as water vapor, which is the most “potent” greenhouse gas there is. The models base “their” prognostications on as the earth warms, water vapor will increase, form thin Sirius type clouds which allow for solar radiation incidence, and then “trap” thermal recoil. However, what actually happened is that deep clouds formed, shielding solar input and transferring thermal recoil by convection. Hence, it resulted in a net cooling affect. I can go on and on about these sorts of things but would suggest that you read the works Dr. Sally Baliunas (Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and Director of the Mount Wilson Observatory), Dr. Patrick Michaels (Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science, University of Virginia), Dr. Jen Oxalson (NCAR), just to point out a few.

I would also ask you to consider the following - 48 of the 50 states have state climatologist. Fully 80% of them offer that anthropogenic forcing of the current warming trend is very minimal. Now I can go on about this to the point of nausea. I can recount how funding has been removed for research that didn’t “fit” the status quo. Or how the president of the National Academy strongly warned our members against “slanting” our research for the sake of funding. Or the fact that most members of the Geophysical Union find anthropogenic forcing to be minimal, if not laughable. We could also get into the projections of how the current warming trend will increase global food production, and therefore the prosperity of even the poorest of the poor. We could also talk about the economic consequences and I can refer you to studies by the likes of Edward Prescott and Fin Kydland (Nobel Laureates) and Brian Arthur (Professor Emeritus in Economics, Stanford). We could also talk about the growing evidence that the temperature began to rise prior to an increase in CO2 levels. Wait a second, effect precedes cause, anybody else have a problem with this?

There is no consensus, and in fact, more and more of us are becoming skeptical because frankly, the science behind anthropogenic forcing is some of the worst I’ve ever seen!

#377012 - 01/10/08 09:34 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: floatfishski]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Dang, look at the brain on you. Thanks.

#377013 - 01/10/08 10:21 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Dereck]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

uh yeah..

My brain hurt just reading it.

#377014 - 01/10/08 10:32 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: floatfishski]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

everything humans are doing ecologically short and long-term is fine and the recommendation is to do nothing...is that the advice of your PhD breakfast club?

#377015 - 01/10/08 10:57 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: Ed_Morris]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

everything humans are doing ecologically short and long-term is fine and the recommendation is to do nothing...is that the advice of your PhD breakfast club?

He is not advising anything, he is merely pointing out that the empirical evidence linking global warming to our pollution is not strong or conclusive. This is not new or radical info, its just not pushed hard by the media because crisis sells papers and is good for ratings, and not pushed by governments because they can use 'the environment' as an excuse to levy 'green taxes' and further their own ambitions.

Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga