FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#377056 - 01/12/08 09:41 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: JAMJTX]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

OK. So in the phrase "global warming", "global" means only in certain areas and "warming" means "sometimes the temperatures go down over a period of years and sometimes decades".

Now it all makes sense.

glob·al (gl&#333;'b&#601;l) Pronunciation Key
adj.
1) Having the shape of a globe; spherical.
2) Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide: global war; global monetary policies.
3) Comprehensive; total: "a . . . global, generalized sense of loss" (Maggie Scarf).

4) Computer Science: Of or relating to an entire program, document, or file.

We can get pedantic if you wish to go there.

#377057 - 01/12/08 09:49 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: JAMJTX]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:

What is being said is that the climate always has changed and always will and that it is not controlled by man. Climate goes through natural cycles.

But this appears to be related to man's activities, and in a manner not consistent with past cycles.

Quote:

It is only the pro-global warming side that chooses not only to ignore science and facts but to go as far as to lie about science in order to make thier point.

Now you are just being...difficult.

There you go Matt. Fixed that for you.

Edited by RazorFoot (01/14/08 02:31 PM)

#377058 - 01/12/08 10:02 AM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:

The current "mortgage crisis" is another one of those "chicken little" situations. 96 percent of the people paying mortgages are making their payments on time... which leaves 4 percent of bad loans out there.

Funny. That 4% is enough to cause Countrywide Mortgage to almost go into bankruptcy. Several other large banks have had HUGE losses related to the 4%. Seems that little, inconsequential things can have a big effect. Or maybe it's just the media.

Quote:

I know if I cut the radiator hoses on my car, eventually the engine will run hot... but I go ahead and cut them. Sure enough, I go down the road and the engine overheats... and it's a crisis, because I need to have my car running to go places... so I call my rich uncle and tell him to send somebody over to fix my car because I have places to go.

There's nothing to keep me from cutting the hoses again... and creating exactly the same situation all over again, but, of course, good old Uncle Sam bails me out and gets me running again. Turns out that he has to raise his prices right after that to pay for all that help he sent me...

That is actually a good anaolgy for the GW situation. This is why we need someone to help us stop cutting the hoses in the first place.

Quote:

Biggest scam on the planet... global warming

2nd biggest scam on the planet... the mortgage bailout...

So, anything that that you don't like is a scam?

#377059 - 01/12/08 12:01 PM Re: The Global Warming thread... [Re: JAMJTX]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

would you be up for a 'global freezing' debate then?

Why not. It's happened before a number of times and will happen again.

In the mid 1970's we were warned of the coming ice age that was being caused by pollution. Scientists then wanted to push large amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere to melt the polar ice cap to raise temperatures.

Huh? Care to explain that one?
Quote:

No one is denying that climate changes and is changing now. What is being said is that the climate always has changed and always will and that it is not controlled by man. Climate goes through natural cycles.

yeah....
Quote:

It is only the pro-global warming side that chooses not only to ignore science and facts but to go as far as to lie about science in order to make thier point.

Which part do you think they lied about?
Who lied? Who in the global warning side?

Jude

#377060 - 01/12/08 12:15 PM Re: A related issue [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Hold on there Ed...

Quote:

nah, more likely your republican family and/or friends or church duped you into the Bush agenda like wristtwister.

In the first place, I think Bush has done a mediocre job as president at best, and has totally abandoned what he was elected to do... so if you think I'm one of his "kool aid drinkers", you're dead wrong. My whole neighborhood is overrun with illegals because neither he or your buddy Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton haven't done their jobs... so don't start throwing $**t my way over Bush. Global warming and the GW panacea has nothing to do with him... it's junk science and extrapolations from pi$$ poor math skills driving it... Your lefty buddies, like Al Bore have played the Chicken Little theory of leftist politics like a violin... and now all you "feeling, caring" people are scattering like chickens over another imagined problem.

I agree that we don't want to spew more pollution into the air... but I'm not going to a bicycle to get groceries either, while your buddy Al flies all over the world on a 747 trying to scare everybody into cowering masses who are afraid to drop a gum wrapper because to them it signals the end of civilization. Scare tactics don't really work on me... but facts help... just not "made up facts" like the "science" of the global warming crowd.

Matt...
Quote:

So, anything that that you don't like is a scam?

No, but things that are sold to the public with skewed information are. Every good scam artist has a smoothe line, and a believable story, or else they wouldn't be able to scam anybody. When you drill down past the B-S, and look at facts, you get a different picture.

By the way, when the "media" picks up a mantra, you can follow the language and find their "talking points"... it will be the same phrases used in every newscast on almost every station... the same words to drive their agenda show up in every broadcast.

Do you know the difference between "news reporter" boots and cowboy boots?... the cowboy boots are the ones with the bull$hit on the OUTSIDE of them...

#377061 - 01/12/08 12:21 PM Re: A related issue [Re: JAMJTX]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
JAMJTX,

Quote:

New Solar Activity Is Trouble for GPS, Cell Phones & Power Companies

This isn't new... it's a yearly occurance between the end of August and middle of October every year. What this article probably is pointing out is a spike in it. I work in the cable business, and signal interruptions from solar flares are known to interrupt signal transmissions. It isn't advertised much, but it's not uncommon... it's expected.

#377062 - 01/12/08 12:38 PM Re: A related issue [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:

No, but things that are sold to the public with skewed information are. Every good scam artist has a smoothe line, and a believable story, or else they wouldn't be able to scam anybody. When you drill down past the B-S, and look at facts, you get a different picture.

Interested to see the Math errors that these large, multi-government-organized, peer-reviewed studies have in them. I guess it's because they weren't written by South Carolina Conservatives, huh? But the whole, ENTIRE rest of the world is supposed to think that this study is "BS".

http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/index.htm

#377063 - 01/12/08 12:43 PM Re: A related issue [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Quote:

This isn't new... it's a yearly occurance between the end of August and middle of October every year. What this article probably is pointing out is a spike in it. I work in the cable business, and signal interruptions from solar flares are known to interrupt signal transmissions. It isn't advertised much, but it's not uncommon... it's expected.

Good point Grady. JAMJTX is forgetting that the sun's radiation output is from more than just the "heat" end of the EM spectrum.

http://hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov/sftheory/spaceweather.htm

#377064 - 01/12/08 01:21 PM Re: A related issue [Re: MattJ]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Well of the errors is that CO2 etc graph does not really match the actual events.

We have no idea what caused the Little Ice Age nor what stopped it--but its a pretty good chance it was not man-made CO2 or man made pollutions---there were almost none at the times/time in question.

In the historical record CO2 changes--both up and down---are seperated by 100's sometimes 1000's of years in changes in temperture.

So the theory would seem to have at least "some" flaws.

Its not that don't see the value in consevation and making things as green as possible.

Its just that IMO the "evidence" is often mis-understood or faulty.

I was reading one guy recently that suggested that the anti-pollution campaigns of the last 40 years have done almost too good a job.

We have VASTLY reduces smog and airborne particulets---with the end result of more sunlight hitting the ground and thus a rise in temp.

Guy could as wrong as he could be---I didn't see his math---but its also possible that he has a point.

Global weather/temp is currently beyond most of our science--we don't understand it...not really.

Edited by cxt (01/12/08 01:23 PM)

#377065 - 01/12/08 01:49 PM Re: A related issue [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

glad I'm wrong about you...oh and btw, I'm not as far left as your stereotyping paints either.

The related (and perhaps more important) issue to all of this is the burning of fossil fuel - there is not an endless supply. when should governments and people start implementing other ways? (not just going thru the motions by making 2% quotas of alternative fuel technology).

it's a real easy prediction, that has little to do with being able to 'prove' this or that - it's common sense that as populations and industry increases, there is only an upward trend of more demand for fossil fuel.

as fuel shortages become increasingly competitive, the intesity of war over them would increase. The wars it would create could make things alot messier than pollution problems. avoid global war or avoid global warming?

regardless of the reason why, we should get moving on burning less. I don't care if real science, junk science or christian science makes a case that people listen to, as long as the result is the same: an aggressive plan to phase out the use of non-renewable fuel.

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga