FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 3
cxt 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35570 Topics
432472 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#376022 - 12/29/07 06:31 PM Cops are idiots, too
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

#376023 - 01/01/08 01:55 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: MattJ]
Ames Offline
Veteran

LOL, that was really funny.

#376024 - 01/01/08 06:04 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: MattJ]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA

#376025 - 01/02/08 11:21 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: MattJ]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
They stand a better chance of dying from terminal stupidity than "time warping death"...

I'd have paid good money to be the dispatcher that got that call...

#376026 - 01/04/08 01:29 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: wristtwister]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
Does marijuana have any effect on ki?

#376027 - 01/04/08 04:50 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
Helen2005 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
OMG...thats freaking hilarious!!! I always wondered if some cops took that stuff home for their own enjoyment! HAHA!

#376028 - 01/05/08 03:59 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Helen2005]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

I recommend anyone who has the opportunity to drink at cop bars--i.e. taverns frequented by police officers--to so so. There are several cop bars in my neighborhood in Chicago. Take your most paranoid fantasy about how bad cops can be--how racist, how contemptuous towards the public--multiply it by a favor of 60, and that is what you come accross in cop bars.

My favorite cop quotes: "You can take them out of the jungle but you can never take the jungle out of them."

"Chicago's finest" indeed.

#376029 - 01/07/08 12:04 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
Bushi_no_ki Offline
Veteran

Loc: POM, Monterey CA
Cops are just like any other group of people. You have your good, your bad, and your terminally stupid.

#376030 - 01/07/08 01:05 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Bushi_no_ki]
hunterkell Offline

Loc: fl usa
I just didn't have the energy....

Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it.

#376031 - 01/08/08 08:56 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo

#376032 - 01/09/08 01:22 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Na malaka!

#376033 - 01/09/08 03:33 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Na malaka!

Is that an attempt at Greek? If so i hope you know profanity is also against forum rules...even in a different language.

#376034 - 01/09/08 07:55 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
He is not that stupid. I really felt for him when he (on tape and then on national TV) almost forgot his wife's age; now that would have been serious.

#376035 - 01/16/08 06:22 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I recommend anyone who has the opportunity to drink at cop bars--i.e. taverns frequented by police officers--to so so. There are several cop bars in my neighborhood in Chicago. Take your most paranoid fantasy about how bad cops can be--how racist, how contemptuous towards the public--multiply it by a favor of 60, and that is what you come accross in cop bars.

My favorite cop quotes: "You can take them out of the jungle but you can never take the jungle out of them."

It makes sense that a significant amount of the public feels the same way about cops and express in their own social drinking establishments. Before painting them all with the same brush, walk around in their shoes for a little while. It can be a challenge not to become jaded when all you deal with is the worst in people and their misery.

Their will always be resentment from and of the Guardian class with regard to those whom they guard. Seems to be part of the puzzle.

#376036 - 01/17/08 10:51 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Fletch1]
Helen2005 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Cops are people too. This means that some of them will be racist, some may even be cruel. Would you rather us not have any cops at all or just have a few bad ones? I believe a majority do their job and they do it well. Cops are severely outnumbered. Yet, they go out there everyday and risk their lives for us. Let's show them some respect.

#376037 - 01/17/08 10:59 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Fletch1]
hunterkell Offline

I actually never thought of it that way Fletch. You make a very good point.

Sometimes it IS hard to keep a positive image; not just of yourself, but others as well....

Like I said, great insight.

Kel

#376038 - 01/17/08 05:57 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

In as much as some feel compelled to cut Joe-Police Officer "down to size" from a perceived position of grandeur, many officers do enjoy the idea of responnding to a "higher calling". Having a noble and gallant mission and being the one that is called when people are in trouble breeds and maintains an air of "specialness" that people outside of LE work don't understand and often resent.

It only serves to further separate them in the big picture, to the point where the cops feel like they are barely a part of the community they serve. Obviously, they find support among their true peers, other cops. Many officers I know and work with have very few friends outside of the job. It becomes a big disfunctional family after a while that is harder and harder to do without.

If you have ever heard Dave Grossman, he speaks of Sheep, Sheepdogs and Wolves. The Sheep represent the community, the Sheepdog the Cop and the Wolf, obviously the Predator. It is an empowering analogy for an officer, intended to fire him/her up for a riteous battle to defend those in his charge in spite of adversity and resentment even from the Sheep he protects. The average citizen however, sees this attitude as part of the problem. They resent being thought of as Sheep and believe either that there is no Wolf, that they can take care of the Wolf themselves, or that the Wolf is just misunderstood and needs compassion and rehabilitation.

Two clearly different view points that are destined never to reconcile.

#376039 - 01/18/08 09:37 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Fletch1]
hunterkell Offline

I agree that a lot of the sheep don't realize (or understand) the demands/responsiblities that are placed on the sheepdogs.

That old adage about, "being held to a higher standard" is true. I've watched many many sheepdogs get "put out to pasture" for actions that in the sheep world do not even get a second glance.

I think the sheepdogs analogy is a good way of viewing the job. The ones (that I know) that try to find a "higher purpose" are happier with the job. The ones (again that I know) that are in it for the money are destined to never be completely happy or satisfied.

K

#376040 - 01/20/08 01:53 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Fletch1]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Look, there is no group in society that gets more uncritical support--at least from the white population--than the police. They have little to fear in the grand scheme of things.

Here in Chicago, we have a case where a police commander (John Burge) plus God knows how many officers systematically tortured suspects for two decades. Burge was forced into retirement; he currently lives in Miami and recieves a full pension. In addition, Chicago taxpayers have been forced to foot his legal bills--$8 million so far. No other police in the case are being punished.

I bet if I spent 20 years torturing people in my basement I would be dealt with much more harshly.

My problem: even if only a tiny minority of coppers tortured people, many, many more had to know about it. Burge and his boys had a regular torture cahmber set up in their headquarters, complete with electrical generators for giving shocks.

So if 99% of cops are great people, why didn't anybody say anything?

#376041 - 01/22/08 12:31 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

So if 99% of cops are great people, why didn't anybody say anything?

How exactly can anyone here possibly answer that with any accuracy? It was more than a decade ago and none of us were present (including you). We have no idea who knew or why they didn't come forward. I'm not going to defend this man but i'm not ignorant enough to paint all cops with the same brush because a few choose to do things the wrong way.

I'll tell you what...i've run across several civilians in my day who were thieves, coke heads and child molesters. Maybe i should simply assume you are too, by your logic that is. Complete ignorance.

#376042 - 01/22/08 09:48 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
hunterkell Offline

fileboy,

I disagree with your statement re "support by whitepeople"

I just worked the MLK JR parade and was overwhelmed by the support that was shown to the police department.

I am a white officer and over 99 % were black and the majority were very supportive and friendly.

There were some "thug" types and "gangsta" types that were young and did not wave....or smile.

Maybe you should change your statement to, "uncritical support by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS" !

Dont make it a race issue (it shows YOUR prejudices)

K

#376043 - 01/25/08 05:11 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Were the police who passively stood by and did nothing while their fellow officers committed torture for two decades "law abiding citizens?"

And please do not give me the "it's not a racial thing" routine. You're white, I'm white, and we both know what is really going on here. It is not racist to admit racism exists.

#376044 - 01/27/08 12:40 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Bushi_no_ki]
Th0r Offline

Loc: Guess? The UK? Oh Yes!
Quote:

Cops are just like any other group of people. You have your good, your bad, and your terminally stupid.

Yeah. I completely agree.
There really good, devoted cops etc.
Racist, nasty cops, who like to bend the rules.
And completely stupid ones.

Basically you'll get this in most similar jobs.

#376045 - 01/27/08 01:35 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Th0r]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

No reasonable person would say all cops are bad--that is not the point.

The real question is whether police misconduct is a matter of "a few bad apples," or whether law enforcement's internal culture adds to the problem.

If we accept the bad apples scenario, then we would expect certain things to happen when police misconduct occurs. For one thing, we would expect a dirty policeman's fellow officers to show outrage at the misconduct. We would expect them to side with the public against the officer whose misdeeds had given their whole profession a bad name.

But this is NOT what happens. Instead, a bad cop's colleagues often rally around their corrupt fellow officer and take a belligerent attitude towards anyone who criticizes him or her.

This suggests an internal law enforcement culture where people learn they need to tolerate or even cover up each other's mistakes. We see this kind of thing happen in business and government all the time; I see no evidence the police are an exception.

#376046 - 01/28/08 02:20 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Once you have proof that the other officers knew what was going on and ignored it you will have an argument. Until then it's nothing but an assumption fueled by your contempt for law enforcement.

If they did KNOW with out a doubt it's one thing, but it's not always easy to make accusations against people in your own department if you don't have proof to tie them to it. Especially since these are the guys you have to rely on to save your life. I don't condone this type of behavior but everything in life isn't as black and white as you would like to think. Yes there is an "internal culture" within law enforcement, there has to be because of the work that is being done. These officers have to depend on each other in a true life and death situation and yes sometimes their views are skewed because of this. It's not an excuse but it happens none the less. Just like in families where a parent is abusing others in the household either physically or sexually, the other parent tends to not say anything. It's not right but it happens.

Is there racism in law enforcement? Yes, but there is racism everywhere. Should LEOs be held to a higher standard? Very much so. Does it always happen? No, but for you to lump all law enforcement together based on the actions of the few is ignorance. Before you back peddle and say you don't lump us all together lets recap your previous statement...

Quote:

#376047 - 01/28/08 08:36 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
hunterkell Offline

I'll have to agree w/Laff on this.

Fileboy,

besides giving us your "opinion" on how the LEO world works, can you supply any proof reference your allegations?

There was misconduct/corruption in my PD for years. We knew about it from a "word of mouth" type thing. There was never any proof that was solid and incontovertible, but, we had all heard about certain things going on...

It did reach a point where the transgressions of those officers and admin types was brought into the open and they answered for it.

Thing is (unlike a civilian that sits behind a desk and might suffer a papercut) an officer can't go around and make allegations that cannot be proven against other officers.<-For legal, ethical, and self-preservation type considerations.

Further, I don't know why; but it seems like when posters such as yourself come on this forum and make blanket statements reference law enforcement (or really, any other group) they always seems to have an "issue" with themselves or their past behavior.

Please don't come on here and try and spread your agenda-we don't do that here-we don't hate LEOs, non-LEOs, (we even like firemen), the LEOs on here know that people make mistakes (and most learn from them) and some pay the price for those mistakes...

Feel free to discuss anything that you would like to discuss, I think most people on this forum are open minded and willing to talk about the short comings of human beings in general....let's just not put large groups into one category.

respectfully,
Kel

#376048 - 01/29/08 05:35 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

As these officers in Chicago have not actually been charged criminally, there appears to be some disparity in the standards of proof involved in their accusations. If they are to enjoy the same standard/ burden of proof as the community they serve, then it needs to meet that required by a grand jury for purposes of prosecution and a level of beyond a reasonable doubt for purposes of conviction. These accusations have officially met neither.

There could be several reasons for this...

"the system is crooked and biased toward police officers for these cops are obviously dirty."

or

"there actually isn't enough evidence to legitimately incarcerate them regardless of what the public/media, thinks."

Whatever the reason, we can't forsake or dismiss the system because we don't like it's actions or inactions. It is what it is.

Edited by Fletch1 (01/29/08 05:44 PM)

#376049 - 01/31/08 12:30 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: Fletch1]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

It is hard to know who to respond to first or where to begin.

Maybe here:

laf7773, I do not have "contempt for law enforcement." The fact you think so says more about your biases than mine. Sorry, but the police are a public institution subject to public scrutiny and criticism. Sure it is tough job. But that does not mean corrupt or even crinimal behavior should be accepted.

hunterkell, you imply I might have some kind of criminal history. I don't. Again, that you would make such an insinuation without evidence shows the kind of knee-jerk, pro-cop bias that afflicts many people.

As far as the Burge case, an independent investigation found the police in the case WERE criminally liable, but that the statute of limitations had passed. In other words, yes they committed unspeakable acts of torture, but it was a long time ago, so never mind. Pretty neat deal, if you ask me.

#376050 - 01/31/08 02:46 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
hunterkell Offline

File,

The statute of limitations apply to EVERYONE not just cops. As much as that obviously bothers you it is simple fact.

Also, you say "independant investigation" who did the investigation? and who were they funded by? Do you even know...

What about civil liability? I believe the statute supplies a longer time to recupe losses AND also requires a much smaller burdon of proof (beyond a reasonable doubt as opposed to 51%)?

Again, let me point out that you are writing a lot, but. providing very little (if none) evidence reference the discussed case...

Please establish a link providing evidence that supports your conclusions (I'm not saying you are not telling the truth, or that you are wrong; I'm simply stating you are not providing any evidence).

I'm not one to take someone's word for something, again I don't doubt your veracity; it just seems sometimes people have agendas (for instance your racist comments during the beginning of this thread reference blacks and whites).

Again, please point out where I said you had a "criminal history", I think you are reading too much into what I wrote. Or maybe you are projecting because I am a police officer...

You have made quite a few unwarranted statements concerning police officers (and also about me), unlike you, I can quote your statemnets and they directly apply.

I reject your statement that I am "pro cop" if anything I consider myself unbiased (please go back and read other posts in different threads), I even wrote in my above post issues that happened at my P.D and that they were dealt with accordingly.

I am not pro police (no one person or groups of persons are perfect) or anti police (obviously), but, I would like to see some evidence (besides your opinion) reference the allegations you have made.

K

#376051 - 01/31/08 05:22 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

You implied I might have a criminal history when you said the following:

"when posters such as yourself come on this forum and make blanket statements reference law enforcement (or really, any other group) they always seems to have an "issue" with themselves or their past behavior."

What else could you have meant by "past behavior?" My six months as an alterboy?

If you want to find a good source for information about the Burge case, start here:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/policetorture/

The Chicago Reader is an independent weekly that originally broke the story.

#376052 - 02/01/08 01:07 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Well, I am no cop, but i have been following the thread.

I don't think "past behavior" meant criminal history. Shoot, I have a "past behavior" i am not to proud of but never got arrested or should I say caught.

#376053 - 02/01/08 06:26 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

laf7773, I do not have "contempt for law enforcement." The fact you think so says more about your biases than mine.

What "biases" would those be? For cops? Have i even once said they were innocent? Feel free to show where i said they did nothing wrong or defended them. My only statements were that we don't KNOW what happened or who saw anything. Since we don't have any FACTS we can't judge the cops who "kept quiet" because we don't know what they saw if anything and why they didn't speak up if they did see anything. Your judging people for things that you don't know happened.

Quote:

Sorry, but the police are a public institution subject to public scrutiny and criticism.

I have no problem with public scrutiny and criticism. That however isn't what is going on here. Yes i feel you have some sort of contempt or resentment for law enforcement, it's obvious in your statements. You are painting cops as racists who hold nothing but contempt for the public.

Quote:

Sure it is tough job. But that does not mean corrupt or even crinimal behavior should be accepted.

It's not accepted. What you don't seem to understand is everyone is entitled to due process, even cops. In many cases they are held to a higher standard because they are cops, sometimes things get swept under the rug. It happens everywhere and i don't condone it but unlike you i don't feel it's the "norm".

#376054 - 02/01/08 09:14 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
hunterkell Offline

File,

The link I was sent to seems to espouse Left-wing rhetoric.

It might be independent, but I would not say it is unbiased.

Can you do better than a left wing newspaper, that seems to present a lot of conspiracy theories/cover-up type scenarios?

Is any of this in a mainstream publication?

I'm simply looking for a little more evidence.

MrMoyer

that is my point exactly; in other threads I have posted I was of the same stripe as you. When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue....

Every now and then a member(s) will appear on this forum and do some po-po bashing; usually it's in good fun or someone venting some frustration from an incident that may or may not have happened the way they present it.

Sometimes it's a younger person with authority issues and sometimes it's just one of those people that don't like police officers because they don't like to be told what they can or cannot do.

And sometimes they are people that have very real concerns about something that happaned that was not handled properly....

Bottom line is that police officers are no different than anybody else...some are good, some are bad, and some are just plain out indifferent and just want to do their job.

sheep/sheepdog/wolf

K

#376055 - 02/01/08 10:30 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
hunterkell Offline

Here is an example of sheepdog:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/29/.../?news-breaking

I honestly don't know if I would have done this.

These are the type of "po-po" that have my unabashed admiration....

K

#376056 - 02/01/08 10:42 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

The Reader is NOT a "left wing" newspaper. Or do you consider a paper that covers police corruption "left-wing" by definition? This happens all the time on here: people demand evidence, then reject it out of hand if does not support their views.

The Burge case is one of the most thoroughly covered police corruption cases of the late 20th century. It was all over the press, both locally and nationally, and was the subject of an in-depth, 4-year investigation by the Illinois Attorney General's office. Frankly, I am shocked to find out that you, as a police officer, has never even heard of it.

If you are determined to wave off all the hard investigative work done by the Reader, then check out the archives of the staunchly Republican Chicago Tribune--they tell basically the same story.

And as for this:

"When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue...."

The reason I never "got caught" is because I NEVER DID ANYTHING. It irks me you dismiss my hard evidence yet persist in making unfounded accusations. I hope you do not approach your job this way.

#376057 - 02/01/08 10:45 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

awesome story.

I am like this, I have no problem with cops. I have no p roblem with anybody. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, but if I do get ruffled it was because someone rubbed me the wrong way. LIke cops, the don't, because the doing their job. And if I get pulled over I am nice as hell and just don't want to bring on any trouble. I guess I err on the side of caution. I mean I know they have no idea whose car they are walking up on and could be getting ready to take a bullet. Honestly, I admire that, because I don't think I would want that in the back of my head. It is simple, with cops, we do have order, without, we would ahve chaos. Unfortunately, we have good and bad ppl, whether they wear a shild or not..

#376058 - 02/01/08 12:57 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: JasonM]
Bushi_no_ki Offline
Veteran

Loc: POM, Monterey CA
After all this negativity towards LEOs, I was glad to read that story. That is the type of cop who gives the rest a good name.

#376059 - 02/01/08 01:29 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: JasonM]
hunterkell Offline

"When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue...."

The reason I never "got caught" is because I NEVER DID ANYTHING. It irks me you dismiss my hard evidence yet persist in making unfounded accusations. I hope you do not approach your job this way.

Fileboy,

that response that you copied was a response to MrMoyer and not to YOU. It is these types of mistakes on your part as to why I am constantly questioning your information or your orientation.

You are so overwhelemingly biased in your opinions that you misconstrue the most simple of written exchanges or idea exchanges.

Again, I was not writing to you nor exchanging ideas with you reference that response, however, you are so biased you immediately jumped on that in order to prove a point (or try to prove a point) when in reality you are further exposing your own bias'.

Further, I did not "dismess" your evidence out of hand, I simply asked for further information (which you did not provide).

IN FACT, I made a POINT not be dismissive of your information, something you purposefully ignored.

When I presented the story of a courageous police officer that put his life on the line to save a civilian's life; you were so fixated on your bigoted diatribe that you could not/would not comment on something positive that a police officer did.

Again your bias is showing.

I looked at the content of your website reference the Reader and to me it seems biased in a liberal way.

K

#376060 - 02/01/08 01:52 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Okay, you are right. Anyone who questions police conduct is a left-wing looney with a bone to pick.

#376061 - 02/01/08 01:56 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I don't see a good source. All I see is one person bent on selling papers, making a name. All those titles seem designed to spark the readers interest. Why so determined to talk about cops torturing, tools of the trade, etc. Why, I tell ya cuz that sells...A copy jumping 35 feet to save a woman, doesn't sell..

#376062 - 02/01/08 02:43 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
BodhiHuss Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC, USA
Quote:

The link I was sent to seems to espouse Left-wing rhetoric.

Please provide evidence to support your claim.

Quote:

All those titles seem designed to spark the readers interest.

This is the first thing a student learns in Journalism 101. Liberal or conservative, all journalists follow this principle.

#376063 - 02/01/08 03:31 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: JasonM]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

What would a "good" source be? A pro-police source?

#376064 - 02/01/08 04:12 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

Are we arguing now just for the sake of arguing?

fileboy,

You are being accusatory and stereotypical at several points in your posts. When called on it, you make politically charged counter accusations. Completely unnecessary.

kel can't make a point as a private citizen without you questioning his integrity as an officer. How does that work? I think you need to get over yourself and realize your argument has a lot less to do with the topic at hand than your need to thump your intellectual ego.

Consider this thread locked and yourself warned.

Have a great weekend.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga