FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
ergees 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35583 Topics
432511 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#376052 - 02/01/08 01:07 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Well, I am no cop, but i have been following the thread.

I don't think "past behavior" meant criminal history. Shoot, I have a "past behavior" i am not to proud of but never got arrested or should I say caught.

#376053 - 02/01/08 06:26 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Quote:

laf7773, I do not have "contempt for law enforcement." The fact you think so says more about your biases than mine.

What "biases" would those be? For cops? Have i even once said they were innocent? Feel free to show where i said they did nothing wrong or defended them. My only statements were that we don't KNOW what happened or who saw anything. Since we don't have any FACTS we can't judge the cops who "kept quiet" because we don't know what they saw if anything and why they didn't speak up if they did see anything. Your judging people for things that you don't know happened.

Quote:

Sorry, but the police are a public institution subject to public scrutiny and criticism.

I have no problem with public scrutiny and criticism. That however isn't what is going on here. Yes i feel you have some sort of contempt or resentment for law enforcement, it's obvious in your statements. You are painting cops as racists who hold nothing but contempt for the public.

Quote:

Sure it is tough job. But that does not mean corrupt or even crinimal behavior should be accepted.

It's not accepted. What you don't seem to understand is everyone is entitled to due process, even cops. In many cases they are held to a higher standard because they are cops, sometimes things get swept under the rug. It happens everywhere and i don't condone it but unlike you i don't feel it's the "norm".

#376054 - 02/01/08 09:14 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: laf7773]
hunterkell Offline

Loc: fl usa
File,

The link I was sent to seems to espouse Left-wing rhetoric.

It might be independent, but I would not say it is unbiased.

Can you do better than a left wing newspaper, that seems to present a lot of conspiracy theories/cover-up type scenarios?

Is any of this in a mainstream publication?

I'm simply looking for a little more evidence.

MrMoyer

that is my point exactly; in other threads I have posted I was of the same stripe as you. When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue....

Every now and then a member(s) will appear on this forum and do some po-po bashing; usually it's in good fun or someone venting some frustration from an incident that may or may not have happened the way they present it.

Sometimes it's a younger person with authority issues and sometimes it's just one of those people that don't like police officers because they don't like to be told what they can or cannot do.

And sometimes they are people that have very real concerns about something that happaned that was not handled properly....

Bottom line is that police officers are no different than anybody else...some are good, some are bad, and some are just plain out indifferent and just want to do their job.

sheep/sheepdog/wolf

K

Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it.

#376055 - 02/01/08 10:30 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
hunterkell Offline

Here is an example of sheepdog:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/29/.../?news-breaking

I honestly don't know if I would have done this.

These are the type of "po-po" that have my unabashed admiration....

K

#376056 - 02/01/08 10:42 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
The Reader is NOT a "left wing" newspaper. Or do you consider a paper that covers police corruption "left-wing" by definition? This happens all the time on here: people demand evidence, then reject it out of hand if does not support their views.

The Burge case is one of the most thoroughly covered police corruption cases of the late 20th century. It was all over the press, both locally and nationally, and was the subject of an in-depth, 4-year investigation by the Illinois Attorney General's office. Frankly, I am shocked to find out that you, as a police officer, has never even heard of it.

If you are determined to wave off all the hard investigative work done by the Reader, then check out the archives of the staunchly Republican Chicago Tribune--they tell basically the same story.

And as for this:

"When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue...."

The reason I never "got caught" is because I NEVER DID ANYTHING. It irks me you dismiss my hard evidence yet persist in making unfounded accusations. I hope you do not approach your job this way.

#376057 - 02/01/08 10:45 AM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

awesome story.

I am like this, I have no problem with cops. I have no p roblem with anybody. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, but if I do get ruffled it was because someone rubbed me the wrong way. LIke cops, the don't, because the doing their job. And if I get pulled over I am nice as hell and just don't want to bring on any trouble. I guess I err on the side of caution. I mean I know they have no idea whose car they are walking up on and could be getting ready to take a bullet. Honestly, I admire that, because I don't think I would want that in the back of my head. It is simple, with cops, we do have order, without, we would ahve chaos. Unfortunately, we have good and bad ppl, whether they wear a shild or not..

#376058 - 02/01/08 12:57 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: JasonM]
Bushi_no_ki Offline
Veteran

Loc: POM, Monterey CA
After all this negativity towards LEOs, I was glad to read that story. That is the type of cop who gives the rest a good name.

#376059 - 02/01/08 01:29 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: JasonM]
hunterkell Offline

"When I was a young man I had a past and as a very young man was arrested (so unlike you, I did get caught, lol), so I can see both sides of the police/bad-police/good issue...."

The reason I never "got caught" is because I NEVER DID ANYTHING. It irks me you dismiss my hard evidence yet persist in making unfounded accusations. I hope you do not approach your job this way.

Fileboy,

that response that you copied was a response to MrMoyer and not to YOU. It is these types of mistakes on your part as to why I am constantly questioning your information or your orientation.

You are so overwhelemingly biased in your opinions that you misconstrue the most simple of written exchanges or idea exchanges.

Again, I was not writing to you nor exchanging ideas with you reference that response, however, you are so biased you immediately jumped on that in order to prove a point (or try to prove a point) when in reality you are further exposing your own bias'.

Further, I did not "dismess" your evidence out of hand, I simply asked for further information (which you did not provide).

IN FACT, I made a POINT not be dismissive of your information, something you purposefully ignored.

When I presented the story of a courageous police officer that put his life on the line to save a civilian's life; you were so fixated on your bigoted diatribe that you could not/would not comment on something positive that a police officer did.

Again your bias is showing.

I looked at the content of your website reference the Reader and to me it seems biased in a liberal way.

K

#376060 - 02/01/08 01:52 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: hunterkell]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
Okay, you are right. Anyone who questions police conduct is a left-wing looney with a bone to pick.

#376061 - 02/01/08 01:56 PM Re: Cops are idiots, too [Re: fileboy2002]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I don't see a good source. All I see is one person bent on selling papers, making a name. All those titles seem designed to spark the readers interest. Why so determined to talk about cops torturing, tools of the trade, etc. Why, I tell ya cuz that sells...A copy jumping 35 feet to save a woman, doesn't sell..

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga