FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#375051 - 01/07/08 09:24 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: AntonieBlack]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
AntonieBlack,

Since this is your first post here I'll take it easy on you,but you are WAY out of line and talking out the side of your ass dude.

Quote:

There is no holy grail of martial arts that can teach you everything you need to know. MMA is not a pure martial art. You wouldn't call a mutt a pure bred pitt bull.

I suppose you don't believe that TKD was derrived from a watered down Shotokan karate,do you? Ofcourse not. "IT MUST BE PURE!" Elitist snob dork.

Quote:

Each taekwondo dojo has its own uniqueness, but the big thing they all generate is power with you kicks.

Oh, they ALL do huh? How about some do most do not. The TKD I did, did not. The ATA my friend's son attends does not. The brownbelt instructor couldn't kick through a urine soaked paper bag. Dork,again.

Quote:

Muay Thai-if spelled correctly- is better for knee and elbow strikes.

Fixed that for you. Are you aware how most Muay Thai fights end??? K.O......dork.

Quote:

Judo for grappling.

So far it's been good for throws,not much on grappling,just hold downs.....Side of ass much? Dork.

Quote:

But average kick from your average black belt in TKD gives the same force as a 25mph car crash. Knee strikes from Muay Thai are 35 mph. Not made up numbers, scientifically proven on crash test dummies.

I watched that show too. Dorks just like you fantasy boy.

Quote:

We as a society are always looking for the quick fix and it rarely is there. Diet pills lead to heart attacks later in life. So does red bull whose main ingredient comes from bull bile, the juices in one of their organs.

Wow! You are an authority on everything!! I'll bet your credentials don't match wristtwisters!! Dork.

Quote:

I saw a comment earlier about too much padding, but anyone who's fought on a state or national level knows that [censored] doesn't help.

Clearly, you are an idiot. It helps,dork. Prove that it doesn't. Let me kick you in the back of the face with and then without padding,dork.

Quote:

Go to a state TKD tournament and look for the guy who gets kicked and you see his will to fight leave his body, then talk to me about a fault. I will admit Olympic TKD is watered down, but because there must be limits. Do you really want to see someone get their balls crushed or get dragged aroound by an eye socket.

That would be cool!!

Quote:

After all, there is not one martial art-I've heard of and i could be wrong-that was started just for sport.

Judo was developed for sport,dork. Did you just fall of a potato truck lastnight?

Quote:

The fault lies in the person not the martial art. 5'4" people shouldn't do TKD. a 6'5 person probably shouldn't do judo

Yes, the Koreans are a giant bunch aren't they?

Welcome to the forums. Please insert your brain before you start typing again.

#375052 - 01/07/08 10:56 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: flynch]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

After a few years trainning you could probably blame the student for not opening his/her own eyes and doing research adn trying to fill in the gaps. Initially though it is clearly the instructors who are better at marketing than actually teaching.

Yes of course & I agree. However I was just talking about novice students, with no previous knowledge. Once they have been there for a few years, they have either just been sucked in or are just going for the belt. JMHO

#375053 - 01/07/08 10:59 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: flynch]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

I don't beleive I am saying this but really do you think most parents actually want their kids to do hard trainning. I don't really think so. I think they are looking for baby sitting and a perception that they are doing something positive for their children's mental developement. I actually have heard that people want to have the homework checked and grades checked before belts will be awarded. Those instructor that we love to trash are really just giving the consumer what they want.
It is unfortunate that they choose to use the name of Tae Kwon Do or martial arts to practice under.

You are right & I would go along with that as an instructor, but they must learn & perform the Art of SD that I am teaching. I even offer to help (for free) & have helped with homework. But our students must perform, or they don't promote. In fact, rarely do any ever pass a test outright.

#375054 - 01/07/08 11:05 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: BrianS]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

I suppose you don't believe that TKD was derrived from a watered down Shotokan karate,do you? Ofcourse not. "IT MUST BE PURE!"

Actually the 1st ones to practice & CALL it TKD were trained in Shotokan Karate & other forms of karate. In fact, since they were in the military they had access to many talented MAists & fighters. What they did was create not a watered down ShotoKan, but a modern MMA. Unfortunately when they did such a good job of spreading & developing it, others simply co-opted the name. But it is clear to any that visit most schools that advertise TKD, it is so watered down, that it is sad. They really should be sued for training malfeasance.

#375055 - 01/07/08 11:09 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: AntonieBlack]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Each taekwondo dojo has its own uniqueness, but the big thing they all generate is power with you kicks.

Sorry & I hope this is not viewed as being petty, but this shows a basic lack of understanding. No TKD is taught in a DoJo. It is taught or called a DoJang. DoJo is a Japanese word & has no place in a Korean MA. Remember the long & brutal occupation that Korea suffered under the Japanese in the 1st half of the last century.

#375056 - 01/07/08 11:15 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: ITFunity]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry & I hope this is not viewed as being petty, but this shows a basic lack of understanding. No TKD is taught in a DoJo. It is taught or called a DoJang. DoJo is a Japanese word & has no place in a Korean MA. Remember the long & brutal occupation that Korea suffered under the Japanese in the 1st half of the last century.

DANG!! How did I miss that?

I suspect our new friend has very little experience. Which is not bad...UNLESS you go spouting off all sorts of shoveled sh1t on internet forums.

#375057 - 01/07/08 11:17 PM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: BrianS]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

I was going to quote it, wrapped around your response LOL, but didn't want to be really petty or anal, which I can tend do be sometimes. Sorry.......

#375058 - 01/08/08 12:39 AM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: ITFunity]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

If it was from a regular member here it might be petty,but still right.

Given the rest of the post you were absolutely right in calling him on it.

Why would someone's first be so........dumb?

#375059 - 01/08/08 12:44 AM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: BrianS]
AntonieBlack Offline

Yes very new, and wrong in many aspects. All eyes on me.

#375060 - 01/08/08 12:46 AM Re: Taekwondo's Faults [Re: AntonieBlack]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Yes very new, and wrong in many aspects. All eyes on me.

Kudo's for not coming unglued!!

We're all here to learn and share Antonie. Sorry,I had to have fun with your initial post. Fill out your bio and stick around.
Welcome to the forums!

Edited by BrianS (01/08/08 12:59 AM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga