This was from a thread on another forum from a guy named Adam Singer, whom I have trained with on occasion. I thought it was very well put and might serve some usefulness here....
In light of the recent discussions about SD and MMA I wanted to give you my top 10 SD pointers (I have a similar list for woman).
1. Like Matt (Thornton) said, do not worry about SD if you are slowly killing yourself. Live Healthy, Happy and reduce stress.
2. Don't drink there. You do not belong in biker bars (or similar). If you have to remember the buddy system.
3. Don't go there. Get a list of the 50 most dangerous places in America and stay away
4. Don't walk there. The unlighted street near the Warf is not a great shortcut.
5. Don't touch her. Does she have a BF? Then stay the [censored] away. Extend this to any domestic situation or affairs of the heart.
6. Don't Buy/Sell that. If you get involved with bad things, then bad things happen to you.
7. Don't act like a victim/target. Maybe you do (not) need ALL your jewelry on. And you might want to stop flashing that cash. Head up, shoulders back and act confident.
8. Stay calm. Count to 10. Imagine how badly a physical confrontation can [censored] up your life. Legally, physically, emotionally.
9. Walk away. Your ego will survive.
10. Be nice. Self explanatory.
Maybe if we do things like this we can just train the MAs for our own enjoyment and not because the boogey man might get us.
(italics in number seven are my own)