FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#370400 - 11/30/07 09:19 AM Re: Boy dies from one hit [Re: wristtwister]
LoMe Offline

Just shows how careless people can be..

#370401 - 02/09/08 10:15 PM Re: Boy dies from one hit [Re: wristtwister]
Spades_Melody Offline
Stranger

so?

#370402 - 02/10/08 04:59 PM Re: Boy dies from one hit [Re: Spades_Melody]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
spades,
So what? Either a kid died, or it means the nerd with the bony fingers can do more damage than you thought.
bad news all round

#370403 - 02/10/08 08:51 PM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: Vennificus]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Dim Mak cannot happen by accident, according to wristwister.

besides, the boy had a pre-existing heart condition, plus he was hit several times, not once.... so I'm not sure why this thread is in the PP section.

This tragedy shows that if anyone with or without training hit someone with arrhythmia in the chest, they could die. Since we don't know who does and who doesn't have a heart condition, then I think the best advice to walk away with is: don't go around hitting people.

#370404 - 02/10/08 09:41 PM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Dim Mak cannot happen by accident, according to wristwister.

I have not said that, Ed... what I have said is that the probabilities of someone hitting a DM point at exactly the right angle, timing, etc. correctly is very remote.

YOU're the one that claims that strikes causing arrythmia, etc. are not repeatable skills. An accident can happen anytime, but striking a DM point at exactly the right angle, force, etc. is very remote. ...and if you read the thread through again, PP techniques aren't supposed to be practiced on people with health problems, children, or people over 40 using "neck strike" PP techniques.

#370405 - 02/10/08 09:50 PM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

sorry to misquote you, I was going by memory. Dim Mak strikes by accident are very remote. got it.

would you agree that someone even without DM/PP training, punching someone with a heart condition in the chest is a dangerous if not likely fatal act?

#370406 - 02/11/08 12:09 AM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline

To answer your question, absolutely... it doesn't require training to participate in actions that have nothing to do with being trained... it could have been a punch, a hit from a baseball, a hit from a hockey stick... any number of things to trigger this guy's death.

You seem hung up on the "death strikes" of DM and disproving their validity, and want to completely ignore the fact that there are lots of things that DM hits were designed to do that were precictable and non-fatal. Kyusho also has a ton of PP strikes that can do more than cause knockouts... but that's where the focus of conversation always drifts.

Clearly, you won't learn either skill at a McDojo... even with the seminars and BB club "training", or off the internet... so why keep hammering so hard on it? Kyusho and DM are both specific arts that are not designed as "fighting systems", but are enhancements to other fighting arts. They're not for beginners, and require a lot of specific study of the body, it's systems, a good background in TCM meridian theory, and isn't "coffee table conversation", even among martial artists.

While I understand your skepticism, you seem to want to define everything like an alka-seltzer... just add water and the fizz will fill up the glass... and, of course, it's mostly air... but unfounded skepticism is also a lot of hot air. If you want to learn, go find a teacher... don't depend on an internet bulletin board to learn all there is to know about martial arts... go get in the water.

While I work on computers all day myself, I don't depend on what I find on the internet to determine what I do and do not believe. I don't base my martial arts understanding on what I've read, but what I've practiced and trained in, and I feel no obligation to spread it all out so skeptic snipers can hang on every word to prove it wrong or fraudulent... You want information on an art, go study it...
It's really that simple. Then, you can confront the teachers face to face to disprove their teaching... all it takes it time and courage.

#370407 - 02/11/08 01:18 AM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

why? I already know how to knock someone out. the practice of 'death touches' never goes beyond belief and faith, since you can never really kill someone to demonstrate.

You can poke a nerve and make a student twinge in pain and then simply regurgitate some old book that says if you had done that on the right cycle, at 10pm when the moon is waneing, then it would have caused death in 3 hours. and the student gets wider-eyed begging you to show him that power.
great. but I'd rather spend my time hitting general areas hard to bring em down any time of day immediately.

why do I care that others are interested in it? I don't. I object to the underlying plea which Dim Mak rests upon - Everything I've seen of meridian and ki theory in general has been bunk....and it's annoying to see it trying to be passed off with a 'beyond science', 'ancient secret' mistique - particularly when the ideologies are tied to physical health improvement claims.

so I'll ask you the same: why do you care that I don't believe what you believe? I'm not trying to convince anyone not to believe in what they want....that would be dumb since people believe what they want anyway. I challenge the theories and only expect counter-argument.

If someone stated the Earth is round, and I took the position that it was a flat disc - they cannot say I'm wrong simply because I haven't circumvented the globe. however, if they pointed out all of the evidence of why it was in fact a sphere, then I'd have to find a way to round out my flat head and conceed you must be right.

#370408 - 02/11/08 06:37 AM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline

Quote:

I object to the underlying plea which Dim Mak rests upon - Everything I've seen of meridian and ki theory in general has been bunk....and it's annoying to see it trying to be passed off with a 'beyond science', 'ancient secret' mistique - particularly when the ideologies are tied to physical health improvement claims.

Well, you drive a car don't you? All you have to do is to put in the key, turn it on and drive away... on the other hand, if it's out of gas... it doesn't go... if the battery's dead, it doesn't go... if the air filter is clogged, it doesn't go... if the generator or cooling system aren't working, it doesn't go.

Disabling any one of those systems, or depriving the car of it's needs will stop it cold... and the body is the same way. You only know the way of "force delivery"... but you can pull the plug wires on your car, and it skips or stops running. If you drain the radiator, it runs until it gets hot and stops...

What you have confused is the idea that DM is only one skill, and depends only on belief. There's no "plea" to the effectiveness of DM, it's a trained skill... just like your hook punch... it just does the work differently... You want to knock off the tires, and I would be satisfied disabling the battery...

Sorry your skeptical nature limits your ability to understand things that have been around a while. "I don't need to study that" is a poor substitute for actual training... but keep the "flat earth" idea about fighting... You're all too comfortable with it to ever change.

#370409 - 02/11/08 04:40 PM Re: Boy with arrhythmia dies from several hits [Re: wristtwister]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
I heard Dim Mak actually translates to press the artery

in fact
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dim_Mak

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga