FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#368704 - 11/08/07 10:41 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Taison]
aikiuke Offline

Loc: Illinois
Quote:

Grumbleweed;

If you're in the Thai Town neighbourhood, don't miss out the restuarant called "Rua Pae" (the Raft). They say that that place got the best thai food you can get. . outside of Thailand.

and don't forget to go to the movies with Taison ( )

#368705 - 11/09/07 01:14 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: grumbleweed]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

yesterday watched the arsenal game at the kings head pub in santa monica....tagging along with my mate whos a obsessive fan of-must be one of the few american brothers into the premier league or not?....anyway walked along the pier and it was chilly and overcast too, whats that about, southern california is supposed to be warm and sunny, grumbleweed curse kicking in. later ate at a neighbourhood creole restaurant, top marks, must go back before i go home later thet night did a drive around the nickerson gardens in watts officially the home of the bloods gang, ross kemp would be proud of me!
today up late then took public transport to hollywood via thaitown....spotted sly stallones sig and handprints outside the chinese theatre ....had lunch/philly cheesesteak in hooters restaurant ....took the bus back home and about 7 latino homeboys jumped on full of it, just bravado no doubt?? ....my mate wanted me to experience urban public transport and it was an experience!
just going to watch a bootleg copy of american gangster now....

Q1. Are you referring to all these people as 'brothers' and 'homeboys' face to face?

If answer is yes, please move on to question 2.

Q2. How many times have you been shot at you crazy limey!?

Grubleweed is pretty fly.....(you know the song)

only teasing you bud, glad your holiday is going well

Edited by Cord (11/09/07 01:16 PM)

#368706 - 11/09/07 01:37 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Cord]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
I was planning to leave my job in December, but they laid me off early because they had already hired my replacement. That'll teach me to be a nice guy and give them more than two weeks' notice.

#368707 - 11/09/07 05:41 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Cord]
grumbleweed Offline

hehe thanks playa!!, hell yeah--to the meanest looking one on the bus i said look here homey do pipe down the noise old bean i've got an awfully bad headache
hey just back from 'the steps' with views of the ocean and pacific pallasades area...basiclly you run down near vertical set of steps (approx 200) to the road and run a few hundred metres to another set of the same and run to where you started and repeat, i managed 5 circuits, bloomin' killer workout!.....lots of others doing the same thing, some great views ....monday lunch i'll do the same when my homey (yes i can call him that, lol, he encourages it in fact!) watches arsenal at the kings head not far away, i'll be damned if i'm going to sit in a british pub and watch football with all the views at the steps !

khun taison my (ex, now shes holding the fort back home while i'm away regardless) mrs makes the best thai food outside of the kingdom, however if we've time we'll try and find this place

ps the weather is better today

#368708 - 11/09/07 11:00 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Cord]
grumbleweed Offline

Drove up the PCH (pacific coast highway) up around malibu earlier looking for jim rockfords trailer....it appears not to be there now

going out tonight to a 'hood' strip club ....but heck i'm single now and owe it to myself to live a little
but sunday will be redeemed when i go to a local church --apparently as a guest i'll have to stand up and introduce myself

#368709 - 11/09/07 11:37 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: grumbleweed]
grumbleweed Offline

ps-theres a bench/weights and dumbbells in the backyard, will get up early tomorrow and do a few sets.....just to keep ticking over.

#368710 - 11/10/07 09:17 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: grumbleweed]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Grumbleweed,

Introduce yourself? In a church? In front of people??

*Harkens*
Me name's Grumbleweed. I'm from the United Kingdom, you know, the place that invented the language yer using. I just wanted to say thanks god for showing me this country, and please smite the people that has utterly and totally butchered the language of me forefathers. Later "homies".

Aikiuke,
The invitation to watch movie with this, err, prince charming (?), is only open for females!

*Mumbles in an indecipherable language*

-Taison out

#368711 - 11/10/07 10:09 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Taison]
grumbleweed Offline

bangkok is the home of gender reassignment operations so this date is plausible

bought today a black chicago bulls beanie hat for winter running from the 'santee alley' flea market downtown LA.....i'd have been very impressed with this place had i not ever been to chatchuchak weekend market!

#368712 - 11/16/07 12:16 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: grumbleweed]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
It was back to Saifa bunkai last night...and it was a reminder that I don't like to touch people. Kept trying to do the armbar in the opening sequence...but with open hands and 'not touching'.

Another reminder of something I have to work on.

#368713 - 11/16/07 09:59 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: harlan]
tkd_high_green Offline
Veteran

Loc: Vermont
Last weekend, I had the honor of being invited up to observe the black belt testing at my friends school. Following testing we went out to eat and I ended up with food poisoning and a trip to the hospital!

Laura

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga