FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (MattJ), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#368824 - 07/09/08 07:11 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: Taison]
grumbleweed Offline

my day started well, my old rover passed its yearly MOT safety check , ok, they suggest it needs a bit of welding before next test that my mate big dave can sort for nowt (everyone knows a big dave, i know two!).....but then i get home and the poxy washing machine goes on the blink. an engineer on friday for a handsome fee will tell me if its worth him fixing or buy and new one. in the mean time its down to the river and a washboard (or my folks machine!)

#368825 - 07/09/08 10:29 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: grumbleweed]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Seems Cord has work to do!

-Taison out

#368826 - 07/09/08 10:50 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: Taison]
grumbleweed Offline

no the other 'big dave'. i'm not sure if cord knows one end of a mig welder from the other. no shame if he doesn't

#368827 - 07/09/08 11:51 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: grumbleweed]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Tomorrow morning is knee surgery day!! Wish me luck! For preventative measures I wrote 'OTHER KNEE' on my right knee.

#368828 - 07/10/08 07:22 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: BrianS]
MattJ Online   happy
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Smart idea, Brian. Good luck!

#368829 - 07/10/08 07:51 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Best of luck Brian!

*Bans MattJ the most dangerous troll*

-Taison out

#368830 - 07/14/08 04:56 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: Taison]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Everything went well and they operated on the correct knee,my left one.

They cut 1/3 of my patellar tendon and used it for an acl. I have nine staples on the front and two on the side. They used some screws to hold the new acl in place.
Just like the last surgery I woke up shaking and vomiting and unable to urinate. Fortunately I was able to go this time before they catherterized me. I hated that!!

I went to rehab today for some very light rehab. Thank goodness for oxycodone,lol.

#368831 - 07/14/08 05:18 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: BrianS]
MattJ Online   happy
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Catheter? Oh dear.

Hoping your recovery requires minimal catheterization.

#368832 - 09/02/08 08:35 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Online   happy
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

So, I'm over at my neighbor's house across the street, chatting. My dog is in the house, looking out at me through the window. She leaves the window, then comes back a moment or two later. We continue chatting. The dog leaves the window again, then comes back. We chat on. Then I notice that it's been a few minutes since I've seen the dog in the window. A fine sheen of cold sweat starts to break out on me, as I know that my unattended dog is world class, olympic level at several things:

* escaping out of my fenced in back yard, so she can visit my neighbors
* destroying my furniture
* chasing my cats inside (or rabbits outside)

But she's inside, so she can't get out. Right?

Hmmm, what? Why yes, that does sound like my dog barking outside..............hahaha. But she's inside, right?

Oh lord, let me go check on her.

I go back inside and see my couch cushion is still in one peice, as are my cats. But that's odd.......the dog usually always comes running when I walk inside the house. I look upstairs, I look downstairs.

Nothing.

I call her name, panicking.

Nothing. Where the hell is she? She has to be insi......well, this is MY dog, so let me check out back. It DID sound like her bark.

I look outside, and sure enough, she comes running up to me. The damn dog had jumped up on the latch of the side door in my kitchen, and let herself out. Scared the cr4p out of me, but the neighbor and I had a good laugh when I told her that yes, that was my dog barking outside.

Now, all I have to do is teach her how to drive, so she can go grocery shopping for me.

#368833 - 09/26/08 08:48 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
So part of my degree requirements is to take two kinesiology classes. My school does offer a MA & SD Beginner and MA & SD Advance, but it's on Monday and Wednesday evenings and that's when my TKD class is so that one was a no-go. Yoga was my next choice but it was full. I can't play basketball to save my life and I swim like a cat so those were out. Weight training caught my eye, the class times worked for me and there's openings! Great. I haven't lifted weights since my freshman year in high school (1993-1994). I started out just benching the bar and have since added 10 pounds. I worked my middle traps yesterday (50 pounds) and man are they sore! I didn't realize how much you use some of these muscles! I feel great dispite having various muscle groups sore throughout the week. I think next semester I'll try to get into the sailing class, scuba diving looks pretty cool too but it requires a 200-yard swim and I've already discussed my swimming abailities.

Last week my 30 year old stove went out. I suppose it's lived a good long life and it was time to replace it. Nearly $1000 later (counting sales tax and exra warranty) we brought home a new stove. We pulled out the old stove only to find that it was hard wired into the house. Luckily, my husband was an electrician in the navy a few years back so wiring the new stove wasn't a problem. Now he's talking about renovating the kitchen. We have about 6 other projects going on right now and I really don't want to take on something that big until everything else is finished. He's agreed and we are just window shopping to get ideas for styles of cabinets and types of counter tops we want. *SIGH* I just want life to slow down a bit!

Casey

Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga