FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Today at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Today at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432494 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#368814 - 05/29/08 12:34 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: harlan]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Next installment: harlan taps out her instructor with a RNC.

#368815 - 05/29/08 01:02 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Awesome class last night. We were in groups of 4 where one person wore boxing gloves, one person focus mitts, one person as is and the last person boxing gloves.

First person teams up with the person with focus mitts for 1 minute. The person with the focus mitts calls out different combinations. After 1 minute immediately to the next person

You are on your back and this person (as is) side mounts you and it is your job to get up or get into a dominate position. This goes for a minute and then on to the next person.

You are now boxing for 1 minute with this person. After 1 minute back to the first person.

You do this 3 times back to back with no breaks. The only changes per sets when you are up against the second person to grapple the second time you now try to submit that person instead of standing up. The 3 time you meet it is submission and a little bit of ground'n pound. For all three of these you are still wearing your boxing gloves so rather difficult to do some submissions.

This was not meant for you to win; quite the opposite. You are tired and you get more tired as you go. This is meant for you to be drained and be on the losing end and to push through. It is meant so that you don't forget your form when hitting the focus mitts or when boxing as people have a tendency to drop their gloves or not keep their chin down or look away when being hit. It is for you to get used to being drained while somebody is on top of you trying to submit or punch you out.

An excellent drill.

#368816 - 06/22/08 09:48 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: Dereck]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
AHHHH So it rained last night for the first time in about 6 weeks. It was a pretty good storm and woke the kiddos up. Guess where they ended up. So there was myself, both of my kids, and the cat all huddled in my queen sized bed. Luckily, my husband was at work last night so there was one less person in bed. I teetered on the edge of the bed all night. I had a death grip on the sheets just to make sure I wouldn't get kicked out of bed. My daughter, she's three and weighs about 30 pounds, can take up the entire bed; my son, seven and weighs about 50 pounds, isn't much better at sharing the bed. Oh and let's not forget the cat, an eight pound Russian Blue, sleeps on me. I'm exhausted today. To top everything off, I'm trying to get everything ready to go to Alabama. There's no rest for the weary I suppose. Well time to bathe Munchkin so she can get to bed (hopefully all night in HER bed!).

[rant]Oh and about 6 weeks ago we bought new living room furniture. We have the chair and love seat but are still waiting on the couch. Their excuse? They have to get it from Georgia (Atlanta is 1000 miles away). Now I may not be the best at number crunching, but at this rate I think I could have walked to Georgia and drug the couch home behind me. It's only a couple of states away. Why didn't they stick the couch on the same truck as the chair and love seat? That probably would have made too much sense. They called me Friday to let me know the couch would be in "sometime this week". What the hell is THAT supposed to mean? I'm leaving for vacation soon and I have already postponed my plans once for them and I'm not about to do it again. They are about to royally [censored] me off. Then again, what else can I do other than sit and wait? Tell them to take it back? Great then I go and buy from somewhere else and have to wait on that furniture to be delivered by them. I'm back to square one. Well I suppose I should get kids in bed (my favorite part of the day!) and continue to clean house and get things organized.[/end rant]

Casey

#368817 - 06/23/08 02:46 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: clmibb]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Just ended a pretty successful season as a little league baseball coach. I coached two teams and my son played on both. We have an "In House" league and a "Travel" league and I coached an in house team and the travel team. My in house team went to the semi's of the playoffs but lost the game that would have taken us to the finals. Travel ended the season a little above 500 but we came a long way as a team and everyone improved fundamentally and had a great time. Best of all, my son was selected to the All Star game in both leagues by his peers. He ended the season with 5 home runs and his slugging percentage was the highest on either team. Yes, I am very proud of him.

The parents were very supportive of me, even when I had to pull (switch positions/take out of the game) a couple of their kids for various reasons during games throughout the season. I had to pull my own son when he wasn't pitching up to par so they knew I was being fair and objective. We did have a couple of hickups through the season but nothing major. I had a good time too and everybody learned and improved.

This was my first year as an actual coach. I have assisted every year my son has played ball but this was the first time I actually stepped up. Good times and I love the time with my son. He stepped up for me too. He took control of the team on the field and got them working together well. he was one of the captains on the in house team and the kids really listened to him and his opinion.

We only have the All Star games left and I am sure he will do well in those too. In last year's travel league All Star game, he lead off with a triple.

I put my name in to coach one of the All Star teams but I havent heard back yet. I am not sure how the process works but I hope I can at least assist.

#368818 - 07/07/08 12:24 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: RazorFoot]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Called the "help desk" today at work re: invalid password on my computer. Ending up talking to a very nice lady in Poland! Yes, this still amazes me.

In other news, I am Johnny Klutz today. Every time I have tried to pick something up, I end up dropping it. Luckily haven't dropped anything explosive today.

#368819 - 07/08/08 08:48 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Post deleted by Zombie Zero

#368820 - 07/08/08 03:19 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

#368821 - 07/08/08 08:08 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

#368822 - 07/08/08 11:43 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: MattJ]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Admin note: Some of these posts were deleted by user request, due to the sensitivity of the situation. MattJ didn't do anything wrong. Carry on. -- Z

#368823 - 07/09/08 05:25 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise *DELETED* [Re: Zombie Zero]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
*Bans MattJ*

Oh wait? He didn't do anything wrong? Oh well, no one'll miss him anyways.

Today learnt another recipe. Life as a chef apprentice is filled with food that I don't want to eat. I've tasted so much sauce over the last few days I'm growing green and I kept getting asked "what's in it?". Sheesh, I'm not a computer that can analyze everything.

*Bans ZZ to keep Matt company*

-Taison out

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga