FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#368684 - 11/06/07 02:37 PM Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Go ahead, put your musings and ramblings here. Anything good happen today? Nothing at all happen today? Let us know here, or link a blog thread here.

Or don't.

Me? Today, I called one of our favorite vendors at work a 'd1ckhead' (joke). I also professed a man-crush on at least one (male) co-worker. Made foul body noises several times. Also did some actual work........Normal day.

#368685 - 11/06/07 03:00 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: MattJ]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland

I passed my Bleep test today, easy peasy, thats one more step on the road to me becoming a firefighter.

#368686 - 11/06/07 04:08 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: MattJ]
hedkikr Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southern California, USA
"man-crush"

...so that's why you like BJJ so much.

(not that there's anything "wrong" w/ that - if that's your proclivity)

#368687 - 11/06/07 04:46 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: hedkikr]
aikiuke Offline

Loc: Illinois
<3 this thread.

Yesterday I returned to Judo once again... I need to start going more often, especially since my slacking is starting to show.

But anyway, It was a pretty laid back class since there were only like 7 people there. It seemed like we sat around more than usual actually. We went over tournament information and sensei gave everyone tips for things like how to avoid from being thrown, and a certain way to do osotegari, and to place your thumbs on the inside of your gi lapel if you are down and trying not to get turned over so they have a harder time going for a choke. Yeah, there's a tournament on Saturday some people in our class are going to by the way [not me] It's in Gurnee... which I am guessing is in Illinois...

So that's really the beefiness of that...

Right now I'm waiting for my next class that doesn't start until 4 and goes to 5:50 and has been pretty boring so far this semester.
I'm going to skip my 6 o'clock class to go to church to meet some missionaries from Costa Rica since I'm planning on going down there this summer with my youth group to help them out...

I might apply for a job as a video game tester [QA] person. Not only do I need a job, but maybe it would be a good way to break into the gaming industry. I don't know If I'd be able to work full time though, and it says they want full timers...

Yeah, I'm starting to bore myself now, all well.

#368688 - 11/06/07 06:02 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: hedkikr]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

"man-crush"

...so that's why you like BJJ so much.

(not that there's anything "wrong" w/ that - if that's your proclivity)

*remembers how nice and good-looking hedkikr was in SoCal*

#368689 - 11/06/07 06:34 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: aikiuke]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland

#368690 - 11/06/07 08:16 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: MattJ]
grumbleweed Offline

me and my two mates just came back to his house (the other came down from san francisco, flew free as hes a mechanic for the airline!) in south central LA from driving around here and there, compton, crenshaw, hollywood, redondo beach, venice beach-didn't really want to show up the guys at the outdoor gym on venice so i spared them the humiliation ......we'll eat then head out again, oh in a 5 litre mustang ragtop .....ate out at a 'hood' restaurant last night, fantastic food/atmosphere!.....tomorrow up early to take a run around the block a few times, this morning i was dead from jetlag .....then to the gracie gym in torrance maybe, just looking mind you,as if i had to say that (coward that i am!).....

#368691 - 11/06/07 11:53 PM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: grumbleweed]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
My husband and I changed the front door knob and dead bolt. EXCITING! I know! Everyone, calm down my life can only pick up from here! The dead bolt is something to brag about. On the outside, there's a keypad that you can use to lock/unlock the door. Now how cool is that? Ok yeah still lame.

My husband was summoned for jury duty (everyone's favorite!). Take notes. I'm about to tell you how to get out of it. For all those who are going to start preaching about civic duties, don't bother I'm not going to listen. So everyone gathers in the jury room to be sorted to the appropriate courtroom. They break for lunch and at 1 my husband calls and says that he is heading back into the courthouse and that he would call as soon as he was done. The judge informs everyone in the room that the defendant has been charged with assault and murder and that he expected the trial to last about a week and a half. My husband looks square at the defendant and says, "OH HELL NO! You are too big of a pu$$y to take the plea and get the leathal injection, you'd rather get Bubba's big injection?" The bailiff tells my husband to STFU, the prosecuting atty is trying to keep from laughing, the def. atty is looking at my husband with his mouth open, and the judge tells my husband that he is excused. My husband calls me at 1:30 and says he's done.
"That was kinda quick, Dear."
He proceeds to tell me his story.
"UH-HUH? So are you heading home or are you going to be making another stop before coming home?"
"I'm going ot make another stop. Why?"
"Dear, are you walking out of the courthouse on your own free will and holding the phone with your hands or is the bailiff being nice and holding the phone to your ear?"
"Oh HAHAHAHAHA! No, no, no I'm not being held for contempt or anything like that. I'm going to stop by the bank on the way home. What did you think my stop was going to be? To fingerprinting?"
"Well Dear, it wouldn't surprise me."
So that's how you do it. I hope you took good notes!

Casey

#368692 - 11/07/07 01:37 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: shills11]
hedkikr Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southern California, USA

#368693 - 11/07/07 02:14 AM Re: Your daily blog - interesting or otherwise [Re: hedkikr]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I bought this new game, Hellgate: London.

Perfect.

Demons? check
London in ruins? check
Powerful guns? check
Swords? check
Demonological powers? check
4 litres of Erdinger? Check
5 packs of kettle chips? check

I'm going to have a nice day at home, hacking away at demons while me friends sissy out and snipe from afar, while mixing into that whole lot lots and lots of chips and beer.

-Taison out

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga