FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Today at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#368510 - 11/13/07 10:14 AM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: Ed_Morris]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
So my study cancels your study out then!

This is quite an interesting website:

http://www.modernacupuncture.co.uk/index.htm

I've read some interesting stuff on neuro-acupuncture in the past which is quite an interesting field of research.

Just looking over the UK Shiatsu Societies website has some interesting research papers on it as well. Cramming for exams at the moment so don't have the time to look through them, but they're here:

http://www.shiatsusociety.org/public/research/research_overview.shtml

All nice intellectual asides....

#368511 - 11/13/07 10:20 AM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: Gavin]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Must get back to studying but this is classic, haven't actually read the article but the title cracked me up "Healing Dim Mak- How Dim Mak Improves Your Health". Now we have the "Healing Death Touch"...nice oxymoron!

http://www.dimmakworld.com/?do=viewArticleItem&articlesId=31

#368512 - 11/13/07 11:18 AM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: Gavin]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

hey...maybe you can be the first to offer "d34dly 5tr33t Shiatsu"

"dunno what happened officer, I was just standing waiting for the train and just reacted when I saw the guy suspiciously muscle spasm...my instict took over and I applyed a 3-finger pinching kneed to UB10 for several minutes....how did I know he'd lose control of his bladder onto the 3rd rail?!"

hey, btw, did you ever see this :
http://www.lulu.com/content/349434

cool huh?

#368513 - 11/13/07 05:38 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: MattJ]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
Quote:

Quote:

Rather than taking an argumentative stance and trying to disprove something and discredit someone, on a topic that you obviously know nothing about, and are not really interested in knowing.

Quote:

The comment was directed at people who have shown themselves to consistently twist the facts, just to argue for argument's sake. Perhaps you could learn to be a little less conceited to think that I was referring to you specifically.

Note that you used the word YOU in a direct response to ME. Logical to conclude that YOU were referring to ME in that context. Glad to know that you guys haven't taken any of this personal. Or not.

Well, Matt, if YOU want to take it literally that you means YOU specifically, rather than generically, that's YOUR prerogative. If YOU can't tell the difference, it's not MY problem. Besides, if YOU aren't even remotely guilty of taking such a stance, then why are YOU even bringing it up?

As for taking it personally, it's water off a duck's back. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I would be more inclined to share.

#368514 - 11/13/07 05:57 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: eyrie]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

As for taking it personally, it's water off a duck's back. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I would be more inclined to share.

I've noticed.

#368515 - 11/13/07 06:12 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: MattJ]
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
*cough* Gong Sau *cough*

#368516 - 11/13/07 07:08 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: Raul Perez]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Well, Matt, would YOU share if someone kept ripping into YOUR every word and tearing it apart so they can play their pissy word games? Quid Pro Quo. So far I haven't seen any substantive contribution from YOU other than your goading me to provide information. Now that I have, what's your analysis? Quid Pro Quo.

Raul, do you have something more substantive to contribute other than your surreptitious prodding for a "talking hands" challenge? Otherwise, maybe you should just "sau pay"...

#368517 - 11/13/07 07:36 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: eyrie]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Eyrie,
we're dealing with people here that really don't want to learn anything or define anything. They're snipers. It's easy to take something like DM and snipe it when it's not taught to very many people. You and I know that there's a big difference between just knowing "pressure points" and the DM training, but for the uninitiated, they simply can't be trusted with the information. You can see what kind of a circus these clowns have created on this thread, so why would anybody want to share secrets with them? They can't even hold a civil discussion on the subject, much less be trusted with anything dangerous.

I gave Matt a link to a book that gives a good description of what each point in the meridian systems does when struck properly, but there's no information about the angles, depth of strike, or any of the chi information they would need to practice DM. I could point him to that as well, but why bother... it's all about being a big dog on the internet board to them. They actually have no interest in the subject... just throwing out smartass comments and sniping at the information if they don't like the answers.

If anybody is truly interested in a discussion of DM, they can drop me a PM or email me at wristtwister@hotmail.com, but it will be a slow process. Out here, there are more horses' a$$es than there are horses...

#368518 - 11/13/07 10:14 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

actually, if you re-read the thread, you'll see a pattern. Whenever the conversation gets taken thru the mud, it was initiated by you and/or eyrie.

no matter how frustrated you are it never needs to get personal, yet you and eyrie constantly take it there. (and I'm not sure why, since if you have confidence in what you do, then why would you care if people thought you are spewing bunk? although, it is probably hard to feel confident with something taken on faith and is unprovable).

help me imagine this Grady: we meet up for a friendly sharing. let's say you show DM striking training method. Much to your satisfaction, you demonstrate by causing pain via putting pressure on certian points while I'm standing there (or wrething like Luke in the end of star wars VI - whichever the case may be). cool. but it's nothing different from a presure point demo - some points hurt more than others - and some points are in slightly different areas than others between person-to-person. (which is why I find general area targets work just fine and the training method doesn't go to mush when things get messy).

so then you show how precise targeting can be used in SD. also cool, but is that DM? apparently, the only difference between DM and pressure point targeting is what YOU say the effects will be from a DM hit vs. a PP hit.

yes, nerve centers and critical areas can get hit which could increase the chance of shutting someone down quicker. but I'd venture to guess that a person who trains to target general sensitive/vulnerable areas, has just as much chance as hitting those sweet spots as a DM trained person during an all out.

therefore, if a true perception, making DM sortof theoretical baggage. but since it's not a provable kind of thing and we only EACH have our own version of common sense....and I'm afraid, the arguments you and eyrie have displayed are in the category of magical thinking.

#368519 - 11/13/07 10:31 PM Re: This is worth watching. [Re: Ed_Morris]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

actually, if you re-read the thread, you'll see a pattern. Whenever the conversation gets taken thru the mud, it was initiated by you and/or eyrie.

If you're going to stir up mud and drag my name thru it....

Quote:

the arguments you and eyrie have displayed are in the category of magical thinking.

...then Please show me proof or evidence that my "arguments" are in the category of "magical" thinking? What have I said, and where did I say it, that would make you construe that it is "magical thinking". Or are you just twisting the facts again, just to take a swipe for oneupmanship?

It takes two to tango, Ed. Surely you don't expect people to take it lying down, while you snipe at and insult them from the peanut gallery?

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga