FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#367306 - 11/02/07 06:26 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Kirky,

Not "mma tales forum", but an MA (Martial Arts) Tales and Stories Forum. Reserved for martial art related tales and stories such as the ones you have told in this thread.

Thanks.

#367307 - 11/02/07 08:13 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: BrianS]
Kirky Offline

Loc: The Caribbean
Ok I think i can continue the story here its perfect thanks man

#367308 - 11/03/07 02:29 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
Kirky Offline

The conclusion of the story today with results of Kirk vs. Morris

It was a nice day after shower I got down to the gym to meet Morris. As i entered he was already in the ring warming up with his palm strike I got on my trunks warming up with some low intensity pad training. I put on by boxing gloves and stated doing minor shoulder shrugs bouncing on my feet a little then I got into the ring and sat at our corners the coach spoke to me saying, "That kid is all fancy talk and tender touches your a slugger a bruiser stick to the strategy start out with outboxing I'll tell you when to use your real style." I answered clearly and firmly "Yes sir," I said pounding my fist together.Morris's friend was instructing him too.
Then the a guy from the gym came in to ref the match, "Ok fighters to the center of the ring." he said loudly. We stood in the center I gave him my usual emotionless glare then the ref spoke again, "Ok we are gonna have a ma fight Kirk will be using his boxing style and Morris his self-proclaimed gentle fist style, Now I want a clean fight no biting no low blows and you guys know the rest." he stepped back a little. Morris had on a black marina and his a long shorts he wears when training and fighting and a white tie around his head. We were in the corner warming up then the bell went.
Round 1 had begun it was a total of four rounds. I started bouncing on my feet like that Apollo Creed guy in Rocky dancing around him. I intentionally placed myself into the corner waiting for his stupid dash. He rushed at me with his usual unorganized dash, "Predictable!" I said as I footwork out of there and let him crashed into the corner and I started pounding him with one-twos and body punches. Then he dropped lying down on the ground and the ref told me to get back to my neutral corner. I lied back in my corner watching him by the count of 8 he got up. The ref shouted, "Fight!" then I started dancing around again he keeps attempting palm strike but I dance pass then and knock him with a one-two again then he started attacking with more palm strikes although I was blocking my arms were starting to feel funny then I remember he knew pp points so even though I was blocking was still get hurt. As he palm strike at me I did something i always wanted to do. I cross countered his palm strike and he stumbled a little then I knocked him down right hook. Walked back to my corner leaning back watching relaxing my arms easing the tension. He got back up but just as I was about to attack the bell rung the end Round 1. The coach got the chair and started to massage my arms and shoulders. "Look like no matter how you block it still hurts." he wet my head and wiped it off "Time to show him the sweet science of boxing kid, its time to go into slugger mode pressure him bob and weaving the palm strikes to the head but if its the body use your footwork or catch it if he rushes you you rush him back." I got up, "Yes sir." I felt hungry to beat the crap out of Morris now that the coach said to switch to infighting we walked to the center of the ring then the ref shouted, "Fight!"
Morris was surprise to see me just walking to him and not using my feet as I got into middle range i got into an orthodox position Morris was too in shock and too puzzled to do anything he was wondering why I stopped moving. He had his guard up but then I gave him a straight that open the guard then I gave him a right punch to his body that literally lift him off the canvas then I started giving him a series of left and right hooks that sent him flying into the corner. I widen my legs a little then I started knocking him with hook using my legs as pivots. He looked unconscious but he woke up just in time the cover up but when he cover up I used a right shovel hook then opened it up then I gave him the combination I use in most spars A left uppercut to the tip of his chin and and right hook under his ear. Ad he was down it looked like he couldn't go on. I leaned back Morris's friends was shouting out his name and I shook my head cause I knew if he had abandoned that dumb style he would have stand a chance. But he got back up and i smile cause I noticed during the match his attitude was slowly changing. As he got up the bell rung. And he was carried back to his corner by his friend he was squirted with alot of water meanwhile the coach was telling me, "Good good keep up the pressure and continue to clobber him he should be a little dizzy from get hit at the tip of the chin and under the ear so take advantage and finish it." we got there and the ref said, "Fight!"
Round 3. As I rushed in I was surprised at Morris he clinched me he never did this to anyone I felt proud at last he was realizing that is greater depends on the person who use it and why they practice it. Then when the ref parted us he threw a punch I barely managed to duck under then I knocked him in the body and he dropped the ref said its over and i won but I was proud of Morris he actually threw a punch and not a palm strike.
After taking our showers and putting on our clothes i walked home with him. Both of us weren't talking for a long time while we were walking but then Morris said, "Kirk I'm sorry you guys are right I am arrogant and foolish to think my style was better than all was stupid and I'm glad that that veteran will be teaching me some boxing I deserved to lose you were a better fighter and person." I turned to him and smiled "Morris you will become a good fighter while we were fighting I noticed maybe if you were using the right techniques and actually punching it could have been a different story you never give up and thats the start of a good fighter's attitude." it was a great day Morris finally started to become a good fighter

#367309 - 11/03/07 03:39 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
TheSandaPanda Offline

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts
Wow.... Wow... Wow... I'm at a loss for words at the moment. I think that my senses have been put in shock by the overwhelming stench of putrid bull-honky.

Some reasons why this story is clearly a lie

1) Your boxing gym is actually letting you guys use a ring for a 'martial arts match.'

2) Morris is either not wearing gloves, which a boxing gym would never permit, or he is trying to strike palm strike you with boxing gloves. Neither works.

3) If you're blocking, he can only strike your outer forearms. If there are pressure points there, its not the type that can be damaged by open palm-strikes.

And finally, the narrative was just too artificial.

I've come to suspect that you're either a REALLY good troll, who is patient enough to abstain from overly-rediculous lies and settles for small victories at a time... Or, you live in a fantasy world. But if my first supposition is correct, you're a troll who is very good at capturing the essence of the 'fantasy warrior.'

But, honestly, you have a certain charm to your troll-esque behavior. It keeps me entertained and engaged. Your continued 'ahem' contributions are welcomed by me. =D

#367310 - 11/03/07 07:10 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: TheSandaPanda]
Kirky Offline

Its not a boxing gym just a gym down here boxing gyms ain't all that so we kinda have a special gym with section where we practice our art since there little amount of martial artist down here since our country doesn't really look at ma seriously we don't have dojos and those stuff just huge special gyms And the reason I write like that is because I'm kinda a English Language nerd I can't write or type a story whether its real or not without proper punctuation and grammar and story like parts It who I am I just love it i just have to but that comma in the right place the periods the paragraphs indentation the quotation marks.
Lol I hope i didn't sound like a geek. We have this rule in the gym too since it was Morris who challenged me since I'm from the boxing section he must fight in my environment which is a regular boxing ring and Morris was from the karate. The challenger must fight in his opponent's environment thats why I use my head and don't challenge anyone i make them challenge me.
Thanks for the compliment Sanda I think

#367311 - 11/03/07 08:27 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
TheSandaPanda Offline

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts
Lol. Your proper punctuation overwhelms me.

And np. My friend, who's not on this forum, thinks you're awesome.

#367312 - 11/03/07 10:14 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: TheSandaPanda]
Kirky Offline

Thats why I told him if he wasn't over reliant on the palm strike the fight may have been different but I'm still proud of the guy

#367313 - 11/30/07 07:30 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
Suthek Offline
Stranger

Well, troll or not troll, the palm strike thing is actually NOT a tale...a palm strike martial art does exist and from this martial art is Nejis Juken-Style...
It's called 8 Trigramm-Boxing or Bagua Zhang...and a technique like this what the guy does with finishing with a tripple palm to the heart is also a technique from this fighting style...the naruto-creator copied the style for his charakter

#367314 - 12/12/07 07:29 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
That is a euphamism for masterbation. Duh!

#367315 - 12/13/07 12:25 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: BrianS]
WC_Lun Offline

Loc: Kansas City MO
Back to the palm strike and its' effectiveness...one reason it is effective is if struck with the right part of the palm it is just as hard as a fist, with the same amount of penetrating power. I do mean a palm strike and not a slap. Big difference. Also, after a palm strike is administered it can turn instantly into a grab, which if applied correctly, certainly can hit multiple pressure points. Speaking from experience that hurts a LOT. An example would be the jaw line.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga