FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
SoulJah22 1
royal 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#367296 - 11/01/07 08:09 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Ed_Morris]
Kirky Offline

Loc: The Caribbean
The professional was holding back everyone knew he just did it to make Morris feel good you wouldn't expect some pro to come and beat up a guys who's like 10 years younger than him it would be an unfair fight. He didn't reveal his fighting style he was doing some good acting though acting like he was in pain but the strike at the arms and chest really hurt. For a while i thought he was using Jeet Kune Do he was intercept neutralize Morris's palm strikes with his own but when i saw him use tat Judo hip throw I think it may be possibly he's skilled in a variety of martial arts he has a blackbelt but won't tell what he's a black belt in which martial art.
Well I can't wait for the rematch I told he's Morris is gonna get creamed Morris challenged the guy again but the guy must go all out on him. He made a bet to make things worse If Morris wins the veteran declares his style the best style but If Morris lose he becomes the guy's student . I warned Morris that we don't even know his style and he's a veteran he has years of experience that our fighting skills can't compare to I'll tell you how it goes when I come in later I'll be acting as Morris's second but I think I'm just wasting my time cause I don't it'll a minute he told Morris that his style his so called Gentle Fist couldn't help him in a situation where there are two or more opponents because they just won't stand and watch him call out the pp points he's gonna strike

#367297 - 11/01/07 10:59 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
For a "gentle" fist, I like the "Blood Pool" hand. It seems to be very effective at sending penetrating energy into body PP targets. I'm not completely sure what you mean by "gentle" fist so I am guessing. A strike with Blood pool hand might look gentle, but it is not.

In my humble opinion, sometimes palm is the right strike for a pressure point and sometimes not. If you need to penetrate into the seems between muscles, it will do nothing. If you are hitting a cluster of points on the surface, particularly if there is bone behind the cluster, than a palm is perfect.

#367298 - 11/01/07 11:32 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
hedkikr Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southern California, USA
OK, but what do you have against punctuation marks? Those were some long-azz sentances.

#367299 - 11/01/07 01:45 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: hedkikr]
TheSandaPanda Offline

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts
Kirky, you tell very interesting (though rather cliche and overworked) stories. As hedkikr insinuated, such tales would probably benefit from some periods. =P

Underdog, what is the 'blood pool' hand? Could you describe it to me? Also, what you said makes a lot of sense. For instance, the nerve cluster between your upper lip and nose, would that be an example of a pp best struck with an open palm? Any others you would recommend?

#367300 - 11/01/07 02:09 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: TheSandaPanda]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

#367301 - 11/01/07 04:40 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: MattJ]
Kirky Offline

Well there it is. Morris is a student now four rounds and in the first but he did manage to beat my one minute last bet by 1 minute 10 secs.
I felt kinda sorry for him but he was arrogant and had to learn the hard way. We've been in arguments in lot of time when he said my boxing and karate interest was a load or garbage. I told him first of all don't you ever call the sweet science of boxing garbage. I told him if he ever got into the ring with guys like Floyd Mayweather Jr. It would have ended faster than the match he lost I told him he could never be in the same with him with that attitude. Then he said to me ok how about a sparring Saturday you and your external fighting against my internal destructions or some crap. I agreed then I told him but he may regret asking for it.

Is it true theres a way that you can palm strike a guy and cause him to go into cardiac arrest?

edit for grammar and punctuation

Edited by BrianS (11/01/07 04:44 PM)

#367302 - 11/01/07 04:45 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Kirky,

This is the karate forum. Please see the MA Tales and Stories forum for futher postings of this nature.

Thanks, Brian

#367303 - 11/01/07 05:59 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: BrianS]
Kirky Offline

There was a MMA tales forum all along I just noticed its just that I've never paid attention to it I've gotta see what its about

#367304 - 11/01/07 07:12 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Kirky, you also have to know when someone is being facetious.

#367305 - 11/02/07 05:11 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: butterfly]
Kirky Offline

Kirky, you also have to know when someone is being facetious

I've never been use to that I take things too serious so I can't really tell when someones facetious but thanks for the advice.
Well Matt's post with the pp forum already answered most of my questions and see Morris lose is the same And Sanda helped too cause Morris admitted he stole the name off Naruto. So thanks guys. Brian thanks about making me realize theres a mma tales forum this is one one of the best sites I've been too. Since all the questions are answered I won't be typing on this again unless a need arises. And thank you butterfly for making me know a new word in my vocabulary facetious this will help in school.

Edited by Kirky (11/02/07 05:13 PM)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga