FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#367326 - 02/11/08 02:30 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
bocaj Offline
Stranger

Actually the funny thing is... for all my life whenever I got into a fight, I NEVER used my fists but my palms as a gentler punch thus making my palm strikes stronger than my fist strikes. So I guess that makes me a Gentle Fist user. Great now I'm a stuck up [censored] from the Hyuuga Clan. But I've been doing this since 1992 in my first fight at the age of 5. NOW all I need is the Byakugan

#367327 - 05/09/08 02:39 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: bocaj]
whyt Offline
Stranger

funny thing about all this is an actual style does exist which implements this form of attacking and it uses the same techniques as what you only learn once you have undergone a lot of hard training in karate
i cant remember the name off the top of my head but i think its called the relaxed punch and it uses the same principles where instead of doing external impact damage it moreso jolts the body causing possible broken bones and damaging internal organs
the idea of the gentle fist is to either strike with a relaxed palm only tensing it and activating every muscle in your arm at the time of impact to send a jolt into your enemys body
or to use a straight forward open handed strike with the fingers to hit pressure points and nerves to cut off circulation or just trigger extreme pain by turning a nerve cluster on
the whole idea has been to overfantasized by the creators of naruto making it nearly impossible to even mention using these techniques without being laughed at but if you try it you will be shocked by the results
if you want to learn the correct way study a book called "bubishi the bible of karate" and learn the locations of the correct pressure points to strike but i will warn ny1 reading this it can be dangerous if your not careful and it isnt easy to learn
well just thought id add that so have fun playin round with that new info and i hope you have fun and learn some interesting ways to improve your strikes cya!

#367328 - 05/19/08 02:13 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: whyt]
maitogai1989 Offline
Stranger

Hi, I have been reading all of this, and love the unique info given. First off, I am an avid Naruto fan. In my defense, I will tell all of you that I know most of it is purely fiction. However, I have studying Neji Hyuuga's techique. I too have found it to be an incredibly effective style. And to the guy who told that vivid story of beating the who uses the gentle fist, from the sounds of it, the guy you fought was nothing more than a second-rate impersonater. He did not perform the style correctly. You may have been blocking with your arms up, but with what I have learned, there were plenty of opportunities he could have taken such as attacking the bladder, liver, or maby even the kidneys. He could have been real fancy and taken out your knees. This technique relies on strategy. You must observe yor opponent and take advantage of his weak spots. No matter how much you train your body, your interal organs will always be weak spot. Again with second-rate impersonater, this technique utilizes a combination of two-finger jabs (for specific points), four-finger jabs (for larger areas), AND the palm thrusts (for the shear penetrating power). Granted the whole chakra thing is exagerated, but it is still effective. I found that with the combination of the hand forms stated earlier and with some good foot work to confuse your opponent, this style rather hard to beat. These assumption are based on actual testing and not just theory. The human body really has a disturbingly large amount of faults. In the hands of a studied practicer, it could very well be detrimental to the opponent. In any case you did not fight a true user, and to whoever this was I wil scorn for making a mockery of this formidible style. One last thing and it's a bit subject, but does anyone know of any fighting competions near northern Indiana. I would like to test myself in more formal way.

#367329 - 06/19/08 09:41 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
umd23 Offline
Stranger

i train in it so ill tell you gental fist requires a thing called iner strengh we use movments with small bods to gain speed and techtstarity we attack the inside of the bodsy that cant be trained and use the defense agianst them if they block we use that to attack the arms imobolizing eny attacks wich means check mate

#367330 - 06/20/08 07:03 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: umd23]
dandjurdjevic Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
I haven't read all of the thread, but has anyone mentioned the Kyushu related karate episode of the Human Weapon, featuring the palm heels strike to the heart nerve from saifa?

#367331 - 06/20/08 07:08 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: dandjurdjevic]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Are you talking about the end of the karate episode, where Mario H. intruduces 'kyusho' to the two hosts?

I did bring it up in a different thread...as I was curious how long Mr. H. had been teaching that, and how long he had been using the term 'kyusho'.

#367332 - 06/20/08 07:51 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: harlan]
dandjurdjevic Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Sorry - typo.

Yes kyusho.

#367333 - 06/20/08 09:35 AM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: umd23]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

i train in it so ill tell you gental fist requires a thing called iner strengh we use movments with small bods to gain speed and techtstarity we attack the inside of the bodsy that cant be trained and use the defense agianst them if they block we use that to attack the arms imobolizing eny attacks wich means check mate

Holy cr4p - my eyes just exploded.

#367334 - 07/06/08 12:26 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Kirky]
Pox Offline
Stranger

he means rather damaging him as outside skin parts that you can see he means damaging inside as the organs, the 3 hits he did to the chest could have damaged his ribs or stopped him breathing for a moment so the guy fell. i heard of it as well but im going to try and find someone who can tell me more about it

#367335 - 07/06/08 08:00 PM Re: Gentle Fist [Re: Pox]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Olympia, WA
Quote:

he means rather damaging him as outside skin parts that you can see he means damaging inside as the organs, the 3 hits he did to the chest could have damaged his ribs or stopped him breathing for a moment so the guy fell. i heard of it as well but im going to try and find someone who can tell me more about it

What exactly are "outside skin parts"? geez go take an anamtomy class or something, this crap is ridiculous, there's only so many ways to hit someone and none of them are some myterious vibrating of organs or anything like that.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga