FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Today at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#366553 - 10/20/07 04:16 PM Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman
MASTERforge Offline

Loc: Cambridgeshire, England
Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman Pressure Point Method for Law Enforcement, Medical Personnel, Business Professionals, Men and Women (Paperback)

I have just bought this book and found it to be empty. Its really light on pressure point techniques. There is a little qin na in there.

What I did notice is how much sales technique is in there. I have studied quite a bit regarding sales technique.

The book is all advertising and no substance. There are recommendations by ill-informed people who have PHD's and other professional backgrounds. But they have no knowledge or experience regarding pressure points.

Dillman is pictured with many greats such as Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee. Its implied they are friends and training partners. I think most of the photo opportunities were taken at book signings when anyone can meet the stars.

My books from Dr Yang Jwing Ming are far more concise. Are there other books out there at this level? I would like to learn this subject much deeper.

#366554 - 10/21/07 08:14 AM Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman [Re: MASTERforge]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
I agree with you completely both on Master Dillman and Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming. I respect Master Dillman, but you are right about the marketing and shallow content. Part of the problem is history which effects the quality of his productions and to some extent, the content.

As the study of Kyusho in modern applications has grown, so has the availability of better quality teaching products.

I am also a big fan of Master Yang. He is brilliant and a wonderful teacher. I have had the good fortune of being able to study at his seminars in Boston Massachusetts U.S.A. which is where his headquarters are.

I study with Kyusho International. Go to this link http://www.kyusho.com/KItoc2.htm. Click on the products link. For law enforcement, see "Advanced Officer Survival" "Kyusho Gun Techniques" (I own and train from this one) and Tero Laaksonen "Fight and Life". There is also a Kyusho Tactics Course which I have not taken. I've seen the clips from the training. It is for people who have pretty good gun facility. That would be use of the gun not empty handed close range gun defense like the other DVD. The course is a live course covering things like clearing an area etc.

Kyusho International is developing a good section on Law Enforcement and I can't tell you everything about it because since I'm not an LEO, I don't keep up that much on it. Some of the forum sections at Kyusho International are free and don't require membership. Most require membership. See if you can get into the Law Enforcement discussion area and ask there.

I hope this is a start for you and is helpful.

#366555 - 10/23/07 07:08 PM Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman [Re: underdog]
winterwarrior Offline

Dillman is currently on the non contact, extend the ki without touching someone, course of marketing. Notice he does it with his own people. Not audience members.

#366556 - 10/24/07 12:04 PM Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman [Re: winterwarrior]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
It has been two maybe three years since I saw Dillman. I saw him up in London Ontario at Steve Stewarts Canadian Martial Arts Camp. I wasn't aware that he was selling anything new.

His newest pursuit has been sound, as far as I know. I wasn't aware that he was selling anything new. I had pretty much all his stuff at one point, then I gave a lot of it away.

If I wanted to learn more about sound, I'd get it from Gary Rooks. It is interesting but for me, I don't see how it would improve my fighting. I have three of Gary Rooks' videos plus his commentary in Kin Ken and Hakutsuru Mei.

I wasn't aware of anything newer than Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense by Dillman that would be useful for L.E.O. work. I'll check his web site and see what he is selling.

If you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest PM me because threads like this attract aggressive rude responses from people who really have no interest in the subject matter.

#366557 - 10/24/07 07:42 PM Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman [Re: winterwarrior]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Dillman is currently on the non contact, extend the ki without touching someone, course of marketing. Notice he does it with his own people. Not audience members.

True. This has been done to death really. Everyone knows why it only works on his own people.

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga