FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
kolslaw 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
09/09/14 05:55 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432491 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#366376 - 10/18/07 04:12 PM Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes?
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Do you mental weild your will through your strikes? In hind sight I do this while fighting and sometimes sparring pending challenging the competition. I've notice not away do I get what I thought, but I always get a favoritiable responce for Me. I may not knock him out but his knees buckle and the knee strike or kick knocsk him for a loop.
Sometimes it just floors them and I'm looking at my hands like why isn't he out. Sometimes they are Ko'd cleaned, I believed I willed it with my training and technique.

Moving on without mentionig the failures mentioned, How many find this strange? how many find this just trained hitting? Or plain how U strike, Or a waste of time just swing until u hit something?

Still I ask after setting it up how many weilds their will through their strikes, almost like that snap punch thing again, but instead internal his liver you looking at his jaw, it could be with any body tool. You visualize the results.

#366377 - 10/18/07 09:47 PM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

huh?

are you talking about reacting without conscious thought?

Wouldn't training for ANY real-time physical skill have that goal? from playing video games to piloting a fighter jet, ping-pong or sparing.

#366378 - 10/18/07 11:32 PM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Neko,

It's your job as a poster to concisely get your message across.

I really have no idea what you mean this time.

#366379 - 10/19/07 12:17 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Ed_Morris]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

huh?
are you talking about reacting without conscious thought?
Wouldn't training for ANY real-time physical skill have that goal? from playing video games to piloting a fighter jet, ping-pong or sparing.

Thats almost what I'm talking about and these are some of the responces I expected. Its as if playing any of above just like a Tiger r any predator, once the openin is seen he knows the outcome.

Its really too simple, but for an example after setting up the moment, In your mind you know the trained combo responce you will uses, almost smiling it set up so well. Now weather this a Judo like throw or choke, or 1-2 strike or elbow combo, or high strike that setup a low power kick. And after this point you dominate the fight or sparring. Weather he is helplessly cold cocked or moving escaping heel stomps the contest is all but over.

I guess I'm talking the moment before you strike r move you know you have him, after this move your will and determination sucks the life out him, everything he does afterwards falls right into your scheme. But you know this moment before it happens. Whatever move you use is going to be the one or the start of the end.

Again its not just swinging until you hit something.

BrianS - It's your job as a poster to concisely get your message across. I really have no idea what you mean this time.

I expected that responce you may define it differently remember. I gave several "ors" where do you fall in. I know its not swing until you hit something.

Edited by Neko456 (10/19/07 12:33 AM)

#366380 - 10/19/07 12:24 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

"everyone has a plan until they get hit."
-Mike Tyson

#366381 - 10/19/07 12:36 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Ed_Morris]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Its not a plan its a moment, like the one after the upper cut he took Buster Douglas, before other 3 that dropped him.
Buster or nobody else expected or planned that!

Edited by Neko456 (10/19/07 12:37 AM)

#366382 - 10/19/07 01:07 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
So, if I am reading you correctly you are saying that you know you will hit them right as or before you swing?

#366383 - 10/19/07 04:07 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
I think what Neko is getting at is about 'intention' of our movements.

I find that when im generally training, ie in free frlow drills or sparring (or on a few occasions in reality)

When it gets 'physical', stuff just happens, no real plan (outside of good habits formed from training), no real intention until I gain the initiative.

Then 'intention' or focus perhaps increases so as I take advantage of a specific opening, or weakness to finish the thing.

Then enters the 'reverse hand' concept, that of delivering a technique that will KO, maim, brake, seal the breath, hold them, etc etc these certainly have 'will power' to assist getting the job done.

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#366384 - 10/19/07 10:09 AM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: BrianS]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

So, if I am reading you correctly you are saying that you know you will hit them right as or before you swing?

Not that I know I'm gonna hit him, every strike we expect to connect unless a fient or fake. Not only that it will connect but I prepare for his responce, I envision him crumbling and or falling after the strike or strikes.
Almost like the Tiger before he clamps down on the neck of his prey.

In reverse I've been caught up in a web that if I'd stayed inside a moment longer I'd been KO'd. Every thing I tried was countered, I felt I know I'm better then this. But it doesn't matter if you are bidding his will at the moment.
I've been dropped by a combo so fast & smooth that it was nothing I could do.

So I'm simple saying that I can hit em, and flow with them and be waiting in position to sweep and stomp because I will/almost know what his responce, maybe a better example is bc I've been similar situations responce I can almost expect the same near results bc I will it. Almost like a baseball player that hits the sweet spot home run and slowing walks around the base or boxer that hits and goes to neutrual corner before the guy falls. Of course we are taught to flow with the now hurt antagonist.
The thing is if only his knees buckle I just continue the assault, close counts.

Shioshink.. we are almost on the same page, I under stand people responce differently and that can't be predicted but sometimes I couldn't write it better myself.

Basically most strikers know what their strikes will do, if a guy falls into your web and you hit em right, timber most times. Struggle as he may not much he/I can do about it. All things being equal after mastering the basic its a 40% mental and 60% physical struggle. I'm not talking complex principles of Dim Mak, I'm talking about your Sunday strike heavy hard contact. Almost like in a Tennis or Wreslting/Judo match theres a certain look and responce even a shreak/grunt after a solid technique, that you and he knows, you got him. Unless you really screw up, anythings possible.

Remember I mentioned -

How many find this strange? Some see it this way ***

How many find this just trained hitting? Most see it this way****, it seems.

Or plain thats just how U strike?

Or a waste of time and just swing until u hit something?

Not looking for people to agree just wanted to know have you felt that feeling? Where you imposed your will on a partner or antagonist? Even if he was better, it doesn't matter.

Ed there won't be a Quantum Physic test afterwards so no fun for you. This is just raw gut feelings, does that compute?

Edited by Neko456 (10/19/07 10:40 AM)

#366385 - 10/19/07 11:18 PM Re: Do you mental weild your will through u'r strikes? [Re: Neko456]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

the only thing that doesn't compute, neko, is a 50-something with bad grammar and spelling. j/k.

I do think I know what you are getting at....and you know...it MAY just be connected to quatum-mechanics

time slowing down. or at least the perception of it. not matrix-style, but just slightly increaced reation and response awareness via bypassing concious thought. athletes typically describe it as the 'zone'. When things don't move by consciousness, they move by will.

yep, do something long enough and it happens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga