FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
Bartfast 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#366242 - 10/31/07 07:53 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: MattJ]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Looks like absolute garbage imo. I could barely get the clip to load to begin with. Then I see a person not resisting at all. Couldn't stomach much more of it to be honest so I don't know how the clip ended.

What tournaments has this guy won? Where were they held and who were the competitors?

#366243 - 10/31/07 08:12 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: JKogas]
Russell_Stutely Offline

So you have an opinion of something that you have not seen.... Sounds like garbage to me.

What qualifies you to ask theose questions? What rank do you hold? What exporience do you have? Where did you train and can you provide the names of the Instructors?

#366244 - 10/31/07 08:23 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Russell -

With all due respect, John's questions are not out of line (at least in the grappling community). If someone makes claims about defeating BJJ people in competition, there should be records, such as those on Sherdog.

BJJ folk take those claims pretty seriously. A good competition record can mean better ranking, more students for teachers, etc. Many BJJ competitions are put to record for that purpose.

#366245 - 10/31/07 11:28 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
http://www.martialartsyoutube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=d5072bb1864cdee4d3d6

(Breaking the guard) During the "resisting" part of the video I believe he did resist in a manner of speaking. He resisted by holding his position. He in no way tried to alter his position or keep it from happening, that's really not resisting in my opinion.
We practice this exact maneuver in my dojo in Ft. Smith, AR(if you want to travel ) and it does hurt,but not with the intensity that was displayed. You can break guard with it using the pressure point though,which was the point of the video.

BTW, You guys are straight goofy!!

#366246 - 11/01/07 07:02 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Quote:

So you have an opinion of something that you have not seen.... Sounds like garbage to me.

NoÖI just saw it on the clip here that was provided. My opinion that it is garbage is based on the garbage that I saw in that clip. Itís my opinion which is inarguable. Youíre free to disagree.

Quote:

What qualifies you to ask theose questions?

What qualifies YOU to not answer them? The burden is yours bro, not mine.

Quote:

What rank do you hold? What experience do you have? Where did you train and can you provide the names of the Instructors?

Do you always answer questions WITH questions? Just answer the questions and donít WORRY about what Iím about. Mine were simple questions. I can provide all kinds of answers about my rank, my level of experience and who I have trained with, but the thing is, itís not MY video or school of thought that is in QUESTION -- itís YOURíS.

#366247 - 11/01/07 07:56 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I agree with John and Matt. when you are defending something or someone, you can't defend it simply by asking the questioners for THEIR qualifications. lol sorry, that tactic doesn't cut it.

assume this: everyone's only qualification is being able to verify your qualifications. (which is why people tend to avoid the questions, as you are doing)

meanwhile, as you gather (or invent) the info of past training/competition records...here's some more vids for the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russell+stutely

ahhh...now I get it. selling 'd34dly' stuff:
http://www.russellstutely.com/

#366248 - 11/01/07 08:34 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

What qualifies you to ask theose questions? What rank do you hold? What exporience do you have? Where did you train and can you provide the names of the Instructors?

Hi there.
I dont realy believe in everything connected with pressure points.I believe in that parts of human anatomy such as nerves in the thigh can be targetted . I think your man is a good actor. I am more than likely the least qualified (Unless having been in some fights qualifies me on that score) amongst some of these guys here but I think I can see a lot of garbage. Most pain in a fight or if I person is hyper/wound up is often dismissed by adrenalin untill after the event. The points your man on the video is pressing on would not give that amount of pain

Seems like some giant wind up or inappropiate marketing.
The guy who posted this is he still about? More than likely not

Just my input. This is an open forum so basicaly John can state as he wishes (within reason)
(All due respect Matt)

Jude

#366249 - 11/01/07 08:38 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: jude33]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
I don't see what is wrong with asking about the background of someone asking questions. The reason: shared terminology and setting a baseline for common understanding of terms.

#366250 - 11/01/07 08:38 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Russell_Stutely]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
A quote of yours from the other thread Russ:

Quote:

but John is so good at groundwork that he breaks things off you BEFORE you get a chance to do anything to him!

I think this the point people are trying to make mate, whilst I know the clip was a bit of fun, the only thing thats attempted to be resisted against in the clip is the pain. If anyone on the forum doesn't believe that digging your elbow into the spleen meridian or inner thigh area is going to hurt like hell then give it ago. But resisting against the pain and resisting against someone trying put pain on you are two different things. I think thats what people are critiquing mate, not the fact that it hurts, merely what exactly we are resisting against. The definition of "resisting" generally used on the forum is where you actually have to scramble for the point, not just lay there a let someone put the point on you.

Like stand up, landing a clean shot on a moving live target is a hell of a lot harder than having someone standing there and just bashing a dumb uke.

Think that is all people are trying to say mate.

#366251 - 11/01/07 09:00 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Gavin]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

But resisting against the pain and resisting against someone trying put pain on you are two different things.

Quote:

The definition of "resisting" generally used on the forum is where you actually have to scramble for the point, not just lay there a let someone put the point on you.

Exactly my point, Gav.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga