FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#366322 - 01/21/08 07:31 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: MatsFondelius]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
I don't know who gave you a warm welcome,but it wasn't me.

You obviously have an agenda to push here. I don't like it.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!

#366323 - 01/22/08 06:58 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: BrianS]
kyushoperson Offline

Loc: North England
Hi
Here's Russell in the mid 1990's with only a 1st Dan to his name, before he learned any pressure points or knew what a waveform was.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qy-UzMNlaI

Here he is a few years later with all these credentials?

OCFM International Coach
6th Dan OCFM
Columnist for the UK's leading Martial Arts Magazines - Martial Arts Illustrated, Combat, Trad Karate
Featured in Mens Health, Mens Fitness, EVO, Autocar, Car and all over the Web
Europe's leading authority on Pressure Points in the Martial Arts.

And a Master ship from who knows where?

Perhaps he can tell us.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ymgdRXOgi4A

Do you think he's better or worse for all the spin and new age nonesense?

lol I cant tell.

Which pressure points does he use on herol?

where is his waveform power?

He looks scared to me lol

tc

HS

#366324 - 01/22/08 07:52 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: kyushoperson]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

not sure. but it does seem that the 'waveform' is a renamed technique. not to be confused with TKD's waveform (the bouncing up and down). It seems this 'waveform' is a renamed double-hip body mechanic using impact training as developed thru Shukokai as hedkikr mentioned. It's good stuff, but why rename it. Everyone needs to make a living, I realize that, but....

#366325 - 01/22/08 08:15 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: kyushoperson]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hi
where is his waveform power?

He looks scared to me lol

tc

HS

I dont know, but that is surely up to him.

I see things like this. Anybody is allowed to market a product. They are allowed to argue their own case.
If I choose to believe it or not is a different matter.

It might be worth your while addressing those points to Russel or someone who knows Russel.

Jude

Edited by jude33 (01/22/08 08:19 AM)

#366326 - 01/22/08 11:47 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: BrianS]
kyushoperson Offline

Hi

I thought russell came on here so it was addressed to him or others on here who speak for him?

It was a rhetorical question is that not obvious?

He doesnt use either pp's or the waveform on this clip, or is this another of his comical ones like the pps that dont work?

He says on his site with his method you can punch like heavyweight with his method, it seems to fall short here on herol who was only a middleweight?

I am allowed to ask Q's on here arent I?

hs

Edited by kyushoperson (01/22/08 12:02 PM)

#366327 - 01/22/08 12:31 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: kyushoperson]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Hi
I am not to sure if you are asking Brian or myself the questions.
So if you were asking me then these are my thoughts.
Quote:

Hi
I thought russell came on here so it was addressed to him or others on here who speak for him?

I am not sure if he still does come on here.
Quote:

Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to reflect on what is implied.
Not to sure.

He doesnt use either pp's or the waveform on this clip, or is this another of his comical ones like the pps that dont work?

Cant say.

He says on his site with his method you can punch like heavyweight with his method, it seems to fall short here on herol who was only a middleweight?

The video I saw of him with Herol in the ring was of them playing around. I did comment about it but it seems they werent meant to be sparring.

If he states with his method a person can end up punching like a heavyweight then I suppose it would depend on which heavyweight he meant.I think the statemeant has to many variables.
I would however be interested in what he or others undestand as wave form. I understand Ed has some experience
with double hip movement.

Jude

Edited by jude33 (01/22/08 12:32 PM)

#366328 - 01/22/08 02:47 PM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: jude33]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

only trained for a few years in Kimura-Shukokai in the late 80's when Kimura sensei was living in NJ. 'double-hip' actually goes back and was developed by his sensei, Master Tani (who was a student of Mabuni Kenwa).

it's a power generation method optimized for medium to long-range contact sparring. the training method is impact training with materials and method that was pioneered by Kimura.

#366329 - 01/23/08 02:06 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: kyushoperson]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Hi

Quote:

He has been here and I'm sure he or his other kronies trying to sell his stuff will be back sooner or later.

[quote}It was a rhetorical question is that not obvious?

ummmm...no?

Quote:

Claims that sell? I know heavyweights that can't hit very hard,so it's hard to disprove, isn't it?

Quote:

I am allowed to ask Q's on here arent I?

hs

Absofrigginlutely!!!

BTW, who are you?

#366330 - 01/23/08 06:20 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: Ed_Morris]
kyushoperson Offline

Hi

Russell says what he does is different from the double hip.

These were the only examples of him actually doing something akin to 'sparring' I
could find the rest of his clips are him hitting or pushing a much smaller guy who stands in front of him and lets him.

In this sparring clip he uses neither pressure points nor the waveform,that was my whole point.

The fact he obviously isnt using them is why i thought youd realise they were rhetorical questions?

tc

HS

#366331 - 01/24/08 06:01 AM Re: Sorry Russell Sir- I had to copy this link [Re: jude33]
kyushoperson Offline

Quote:

Hi
I am not to sure if you are asking Brian or myself the questions.
So if you were asking me then these are my thoughts.
Quote:

Hi

I am not sure if he still does come on here.
Quote:

Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to reflect on what is implied.
Not to sure.

Cant say.

The video I saw of him with Herol in the ring was of them playing around. I did comment about it but it seems they werent meant to be sparring.

If he states with his method a person can end up punching like a heavyweight then I suppose it would depend on which heavyweight he meant.I think the statemeant has to many variables.
I would however be interested in what he or others undestand as wave form. I understand Ed has some experience
with double hip movement.

Jude

Hi jude

Hes not sparring you say? him and herol are in a ring with gloves on hitting each other, what do you call that?

So you're saying when he says you can hit like a heavyweight, he means one who hits really weakly even softer than a middleweight?

He really should make that more clear. I've never seen a heavyweight who couldnt beat a middle weight lol

tc

HS

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga