FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#364750 - 10/10/07 02:48 AM Am I physically incapable of being a great boxer?
Sknives Offline

Going right into it...
I'm extremely flat footed, my feet would take 2 hours (or more) to recover if I stood still for 30 min. As my leg angles are thrown off by my odd footwork (duck-like) and punches/kicks not correctly aligned (punches mostly losing the flow of power..kinetics)... Is it possible for me to become a great fighter? I've practiced boxing on my own in my spare time but Muai Thai has recently been of great interest to me.

I hear people making replies to other similar forums about shoe cushions for flat footed people... Thats not what I want.

I want to be able to fight fiercely head on without any shoes. I want to be ready whenever and...ever :P

Is there any surgery to permanently fix this? Unusual foot exercises? I am willing to take drastic measures. I'm quite resilient to pain, I once broke my leg and made no sound and just lay on the ground. Unfortunately I lay there 30 min and nobody passing by believed me lol... Cement sure gets hot in the summer... ...well alright, maybe not that hot.

Edit: I'm also willing to cut costs if anyone has a proven effective method...Maybe hammer my foot broken...I don't know, but can you feel my desperacy? :P

Another Edit: Example of me trying to knee someone: I kind of lift my leg and expose my balls...Been a pure puncher most my life after an incident lol....

Edited by Sknives (10/10/07 02:54 AM)

#364751 - 10/10/07 06:56 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great boxer? [Re: Sknives]
shills11 Offline

Loc: Glasgow Scotland
Maybe you need to change the post title to am i mentally capable of being a great fighter?, form your post you seem like a determind person dont let flat feet stop you becoming a great fighter. I think it was joe frazier who was almost blind in one eye and he didnt tell anyone for fear of loosing his Boxing license and he more than held his own.

Hope the exercises below help you physicaly

The Exercises for the treatment of Flat Feet are divided into two main groups:

Non-Weight Bearing (Sitting) and Weight Bearing (Standing).

Non-Weight Bearing Exercises.

Sitting: active foot rolling. The patient tries to draw an 'O' with his/her big toe. For the right foot clockwise; for the left foot anti-clockwise.
Sitting: trying to pick up a duster. A duster is placed under the foot, and the patient tries by using both feet to screw the duster into a ball, then inverting (raising the internal arch of) both feet, he/she tries to throw the duster into the air and catch it. Similarly the patient can be encouraged to pick up balls, match boxes, etc., with the feet.
Sitting with strong extension of the knees: dorsi-flexion, holding them in position.
Sitting: alternative toe clawing. The toes of one foot are actively flexed as far as possible, gripping the floor and pulling the heel of the foot two or three inches forwards. The toes are extended, and the opposite foot is similarly exercised. In other words, the toes pull the foot a short distance along the ground. Care must be taken to ensure that the patient does not push the foot along using the leg muscles.
Sitting: sliding the sole of one foot up the leg of the other.
Sitting: foot shortening. The foot is slightly inverted (the internal arch is raised), but the sole is not turned upwards. That is to say, the height of the arch is increased, whilst the toes are still gripping the ground.
Sitting: foot-closing. An attempt should be made to close the foot, like a fist.
Sitting: toe adduction and abduction. This means the toes are pulled away from then towards one-another.
Sitting with both feet crossed and inverted. Holding them in position.

Weight Bearing Exercises.

Walking on the outer borders of the foot. Each foot should be lifted over the other one at each step.
Standing: heel raising and lowering to the outer borders. The patient starts with the feet inverted, raises the heels, and lowers the outer borders.
Standing with the feet inverted. Holding this position.
Standing on a book: the edge of which is placed immediately under the metatarso-phalangeal joints. The toes are then flexed and extended.
Standing: foot shortening.
Walking along a straight line.
Correct heel and toe walking:
The patient is taught to walk with the feet along parallel lines. Any tendency towards slaying must be immediately corrected. The heels should first be placed on the ground, the outer border next, the toes finally.. The weight should not at any time in this procedure be taken on the inner border. The heel is then cleanly raised from the ground, the five metatarsals used as the fulcrum, and the big toe for a concluding propulsion to a straight leverage. The heel and toe walk brings all the muscles into equal action, and ensures normal balance.
All the above exercises should only be undertaken when the patient is rested and not tired.
The amount and frequency of the exercises would be decided by the patient's Chiropodist.

Disclaimer: We do not recommend that you undertake any of these exercises without proper consultation with a qualified professional. These are for information purposes only.
You do them at your own risk.

#364752 - 10/10/07 10:13 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: shills11]
Sknives Offline

Wow I'm really happy to see that someone read my post and responded so seriously! Your words of Joe Frazier inspire me! Looking at the disclaimer, don't worry... If I injure myself then its my own fault for being stupid and lacking common sense. Something I could use more of! Thank you!!!

#364753 - 10/10/07 10:50 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: Sknives]
shills11 Offline

I got it from a website a while back as my friend has flat feet so thats why i thought it best to include the disclaimer, i cant remember just now what the website was called but i'll check my history and let you know.

#364754 - 10/10/07 10:51 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: shills11]
shills11 Offline

#364755 - 10/10/07 11:29 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: shills11]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

#364756 - 10/10/07 11:54 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: MattJ]
Sknives Offline

Thanks Matt, I already read those before... I try to use the search button to the best of my limited abilities. Hey I thought your name sounded familiar! I've read many of your stuff amongst all the posters. Feels like I got tips from a celebrity

#364757 - 10/11/07 01:23 AM Re: Am I physically incapable of being a great box [Re: Sknives]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Sknives,

I'm short sighted. Doesn't stop me from boxing, why should you? Being flat-footed is one thing, not seeing what's coming towards you, now THAT's a disaster (esp when you do kickboxing of any sorts).

There's nothing called physically incapable, only mentally incapable or lack of talent/motivation.

If you're determined enough, the sky's the limit.

-Taison out

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga