FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 6
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 07:16 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432449 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#364306 - 10/06/07 09:51 AM A badly handled situation
TwistingKick Offline

Loc: UK (oxford)
I guess this is another what should i have done situation so here goes...

About 2 months ago i went out with some of my friends (in the armed forces) and got drunk although i was still sober enough to know what i was doing :P. At the end of the night (about 2am) me and a friend are walking to the taxi rank when across the road a fight breaks out, well it quickly becomes about 6 guys kicking some guy thats on the floor and a lot of others cheering them on! So me and my friend run over to try and calm the situation down a bit but my friend starts pulling the guys away from the kid thats on the floor. With that someone headbutts my friend and 3 guys have him up against the wall punching him. I punched one of the guys pretty hard then tried to pull the other 2 off him when i was hit hard in the head with what i can only guess was a brick/bottle or someone with rings on cos it left me with a 2 inch scar and needing 4 stitches lol. After that the police turned up and arrested my friend cos he fought back, and we both went to hospital from there (my friend got all his teeth bent back )

From the outcome it seems i definately did the wrong thing considering i ended up with a scarred face, got kicked off the course i was on in the RAF and may be in trouble with the police, but in a way i am glad i did it because who knows what couldve happened to the guy on the floor otherwise. Basically what im asking is what do you think I shouldve done? Its easy to say i shouldve just waited for the police to turn up but i wouldnt be able to just stand there while someone is getting kicked into the ground.

Would appreciate some opinions

#364307 - 10/07/07 01:53 AM Re: A badly handled situation [Re: TwistingKick]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Personally I think you did an honorable thing playing the Good Sarmaranitan doesn't happen too often now days you probably saved the guy being stomp from some serious injuries. Its unfortunately you guys got injuried and You maybe permanately but not serious.

I would only suggest that in hindsight maybe working as a team instead of individually might have saved some fighting. I mean the guy was getting stomped anyway, so you two or three guys, should have grabbed one guy and pulled his off then used that guy to push into the other two guys sheild them away from the man on the ground. Then back away and try to talk down these guys with the injuried or now recovered victim. So really you never had to fight these guys just control and fend away. Of course its easier to type then to do in a real situation. But from breaking fights up in the bars thats how we tried to resolve them, usually handcuffing each guy we teamed on until all were secure and under control. Again easier said then done.

You guys are a good sarmariantan, theres not many in this world. As for scars and briuses thats just part of streetfighting even if you win. Good luck, recovering form your injuries.

Edited by Neko456 (10/07/07 01:56 AM)

#364308 - 10/08/07 12:18 PM Re: A badly handled situation [Re: Neko456]
TwistingKick Offline

Loc: UK (oxford)
Well thanks for the vote of confidence i guess now i'll just wait and see what the police make of it

#364309 - 10/09/07 01:17 PM Re: A badly handled situation [Re: TwistingKick]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Taking what you wrote on it's face (I wasn't there, obviously!), I think you did something both unwise and honorable. The honorable course of action is oftentimes unwise.
I really can't say what I would've done in your shoes. On the one hand experience has shown me that the guy on the ground being stomped on RARELY is totally innocent and very often has done something to wind up in that predicament. On the other hand 6 guys stomping on one is disgustingly abusive as well as potentially life threatening to the stompee. Regardless of what I ultimately wound up doing, I do know that my first step would've been to call the cops.
There have already been consequences to you (You were injured, your mate was hurt also), hopefully there won't be more (The cops back off). Regardless, your reward, and the only positive thing that will probably come out of this, is that you behaved bravely and unselfishly. Congrats!

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga