FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
kolslaw 1
Bartfast 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#363979 - 10/05/07 09:32 AM Smokers...grrrr
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I can't stand smokers. And the funny thing is I uses to smoke but it was short lived.

My wife really can't stand smokers and she thing they are the most inconsiderate ppl ou tthere. Flicking their butts anywhere.

And where I work we have tunnels that lead outside and these tunnels are clearly makred, NO SMOKING. I often see ppl smoking by the signs. HOw ignorant is that? Proves they just don't care or can't read....

Rant over!

#363980 - 10/05/07 09:42 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: JasonM]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
My parents and my wife's parents smoke. I have friends that smoke. I don't hate smokers persay rather the act of smoking as it is disgusting. I hate going into Wal-Mart and the front entry is littered with cigarette butts. I hate people thinking they can just dump their ash trays on the ground or flick butts out their window. I hate how it stinks and that I have to smell them even when they are not smoking. Smokers ... you stink ... especially during the colder months where it hangs on you. Your breathe stinks. I can't understand why people don't realize this.

#363981 - 10/05/07 09:47 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: JasonM]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Hate the cigarettes, not the smokers.

While every smoker deserves at least one good hard kick to the crotch for starting, after that it gets harder to blame them. Cigarette companies lie and deceive people, in addition to willfully making their product incredibly addictive. Ba5tartds.

Don't get me started on cigarette companies.

#363982 - 10/05/07 09:58 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: JasonM]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
*jumps on the soapbox*

Attention smokers... you stink. Yes, you do. You smell bad. Every time you come inside from one of your multiple smoke breaks, you smell like burning garbage.

And that smell lingers on you for hours.

Just thought you should know.

#363983 - 10/05/07 10:06 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: Zombie Zero]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Hey Zombie, room for two up there?

Hate the cigarette companies and have a hard time understanding how parents who truly love their kids can smoke around them.

Would you slowly poison your child by putting something in their food over years until they got a terminal problem from it? No. Then why poison them by putting something in their lungs with your smoke which could lead to their developing childhood problems (respiratory infections and worse) and possibly cancer long term when they get older?

It ticks me off to no end when I see someone smoking in the car with a baby in a car seat or kids in the back.

Scottie

#363984 - 10/05/07 10:11 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: RazorFoot]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I should be clear it ain't the smoker. Cuz my brother and most of my family smokes. Mom and Dad are ex smokers.

Truly disturbing is the mom/dad driving with the baby/child in the back in a car seat. WTH Ya don't care enough about your life but gonna jeapordize your babies!!!

My ex wife was a smoker. She would lite up in bed, go figure. Of course it woke me up out of a dead sleep. I would get up and storm outta the bedroom.

Then there was my not so bright best friend. He would smoke before going into the dojo. Yeah, how bright is that. OUr sensei, knew this cuz of the smell and would take it out on all of us....

#363985 - 10/05/07 11:41 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: JasonM]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Smoking is cool, it tastes great, and is one of the last expressions of personal freedom left. I never quit, they quit me. I had my first smoke at 8 years old, and smoked daily from the age of 12 to the age of 29. One morning I woke up, lit up (always the first thing I did in the morning) and just found my favourite smoke of the day to taste horrible!. I stubbed it out and lit another (thinking it was just a bad cig) same thing. Put me off for the rest of the day, but during that day my 'itch' for nicoteen just died, and I didnt have the urge to have another cigarette until I had a beer. Even then it didnt taste right, and soon enough, I didnt even smoke 'socialy' with a drink.
They abandoned me, just like that- and I thought we were tight *sniff*

Do i feel better/healthier for it? Undoubtedly. Do I despise the insults/attitude that non smokers feel they can throw at smokers with righteous impunity? You better believe it.

4 years on I do enjoy a cigar on special occasions (maybe 3 a year), but outside of that I am smoke free.

I used to love lighting up after a meal in restaurants and waiting for some twat to wrinkle their nose in disaproval, then I would look them square in the eye and say 'do you mind not eating, you are putting me off my cigarette'

Smoking kills. So does life. Better dealing with your fear of that than crusading against tobacco while your car pumps untold carcinogens into the breathable atmosphere.

#363986 - 10/05/07 11:59 AM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: Cord]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
I would if car related carcinogens were killing my family members but no, seems smoking has killed one and is now the main cause of my father's terminal cancer so forgive me if having been an ex smoker (11 years) I happen to think it is an unnecessary death.

He and I have had a strained relationship at best but it still pains me to have to see my mom deal with his self inflicted misery. So Cord, where I am with you on most things, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. To me, smoking = death, pure and simple. Seen it once and about to see it again. Both avoidable and unnecessary.

#363987 - 10/05/07 12:00 PM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Cord......tsk tsk

*brings out soapbox*

Life kills? Ok, but not specifically. Unlike transportation modes, cigarettes have no redeeming vaue to them. Cigarettes will not take you to meet new friends or establish positive social or business ventures. Cigarettes will not quench thirst or stop hunger. They WILL (by their addictive nature) deplete the already strained finances of those least able to afford them, while filling the pockets of rich but morally bankrupt corporate wolves.

I will not let them off that easy.

#363988 - 10/05/07 12:08 PM Re: Smokers...grrrr [Re: Cord]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

When I was a boy my father was a member of an "Elks" Lodge. We would go there occaisionally for dinner and many of the older fellows would finish their meals with a cigar. I enjoyed the smell of cigars at that time. One afternoon a gentelman in his 90's (Tony) was enjoying a cigar as he sat looking out the window of the clubs beautiful oak paneled reading room. As he puffed away I thought to myself "That cigar smelled like Shite". As we drove home I asked my dad about it. All he said was, "Son, that wasn't the cigar".

To this day I have never smoked a cigar.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga