FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 8
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
ergees 2
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#363325 - 10/02/07 01:36 PM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: RazorFoot]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I deal with things in similar manner Scottie.

That would be a hard situtation to deal with. Mainly because I think anthing you do would provoke him. I say that because it is obvious that he has serious rage issues.

#363326 - 10/02/07 04:16 PM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: JasonM]
hedkikr Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southern California, USA
If it were me then & there, I'd probably suffer the same fate but I'll play along.

It's a good time to utilize an improvised weapon - belt comes to mind because I always wear one. Go on the offensive by either snapping the belt or try to hit him w/ the buckle. I know it's not going to injure him but hopefully I have the forethought to take-out his arthritic knees & stay away from/control the blade.

All this time I'll be screaming my head off "Fire,fire..."

In reality, I'm rarely w/o my SOG Flash II (quick-open 3 1/4" lockblade) so hopefully I'd have more of a fighting chance.

#363327 - 10/05/07 01:03 AM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: hedkikr]
CatnPhx Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Well, we probably won't be outrunning the "Juice" so I would probably back out slowly (just like I would a growling dog) and look for an improvished weapon (i.e. rock) to help in the fight. After that, only time will tell and you hope to live.

My best bet would be to accept some wounds as I go for his throat. Not a situation anybody wants to be in ... definitely a nightmare.

#363328 - 10/10/07 08:40 AM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: CatnPhx]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
You mention the only additional thing that went through my mind when I read Cord's an Scott's posts. And it's that I would attempt as hard as I could to inflict a permanent, serious and visible injury to the attacker. In my case, though, I'd go for his eyes with the intent to blind at least one. In addition to the obvious advantages if I have the crazy luck to pull it off without getting killed or maimed in the process, if I'm going to go down, "while he has dinner, I'll have a sandwich". Besides, try telling the cops you had nothing to do with any kind of violence when your eye is hanging on your cheek from it's optical nerve!
BTW, O.J.'s cynical arrogance is breathtaking, isn't it???!!!

#363329 - 10/10/07 01:59 PM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: RazorFoot]
ChangLab Offline
Sleepy-ninja

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Ok in the origonal post it said "Fairly thick foelage on both sides of the walkway"

I would try to use the foleage as a barrier or means of escape, it would at least make it harder for him to attack me, and may just even the odds as we would both be fighting in/through the foleage.

#363330 - 10/12/07 08:12 AM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: ChangLab]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Quote:

Ok in the origonal post it said "Fairly thick foelage on both sides of the walkway"

I would try to use the foleage as a barrier or means of escape, it would at least make it harder for him to attack me, and may just even the odds as we would both be fighting in/through the foleage.

If he is referring to thick, dense, boxwood hedges, there is no going through them. As a child, I used to try to go through them while playing with my siblings and it is dam near impossible because of how thickly branched they are. If they are 6 to 8 feet tall, you are screwed. Better luck going over than through them.

Scottie

#363331 - 11/26/07 10:12 AM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: RazorFoot]
TheWolf Offline
Stranger

Read my story

#363332 - 11/26/07 11:31 AM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: TheWolf]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Quote:

Read my story

No.

#363333 - 11/26/07 03:32 PM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: Zombie Zero]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
My best friend Joes dad was like the 4th squad car down in the attempt to chase him down. Anyway, I' keep an eye on him, back away slowly, all the while looking for potential weapons; I.E. large rocks, a stick, gravel to blind him, mud to blind him, the whole belt deal, or if I'm wearing a very thick jacket I'd wrap it aorund one arm tightly and use it as a sort of shield agaisnt the knife which could at least provide a few slashes worth of protection I'd think. Then attack as aggressively as possible. And probably still die.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#363334 - 11/26/07 08:26 PM Re: (if) I did it - Confession from the killer [Re: Stormdragon]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

if I'm wearing a very thick jacket I'd wrap it aorund one arm tightly and use it as a sort of shield agaisnt the knife which could at least provide a few slashes worth of protection I'd think. Then attack as aggressively as possible. And probably still die.

That's a good basic plan, but the devil's in the details... If you can prevent getting cut in the first place, that's the best plan, but depending on how much maneuvering room you have, your plan may come to the front. The second part of that is to know where to go WHILE YOU'RE DEFENDING... strikes to the eyes, throat, groin, and especially the knees... if you have a clean shot at their chin with a palm heel strike, drive their head straight up and lift them off the ground if you can.

In Aikido, we have one technique, Gokyo, that is specifically designed to control a knife attack, and if you're adept at using it, it would be an option as well... but be sure you do as much damage after you redirect the knife as you can... because he's not going to stop. Break elbows, knees, or his neck. My jujutsu training would have me heading for whatever "soft parts" were exposed, and breaking the most accessible joints.

The mindset has to be "kill him... and do it now... " not, "how am I going to defend myself?" Chances are you're going to get cut or killed... so you have to change the equation.

If it had been me in that walkway, he would have found out he'd brought a knife to a gunfight... and he wouldn't be taunting the U.S. justice system with his book about "IF I did it..." The headlines would have read "Football superstar killed by old man with bad hip..."

... "a .40 caliber hole in the center of his chest will obscure the ability of (you know who) to claim self defense in his latest attempt at mahem...".

Remember what the one armed sheriff's deputy said in "Unforgiven".... "I don't want to get killed for a lack of shootin' back..."

That's what concealed carry permits are for...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga