FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
MattJ 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#363150 - 09/28/07 01:21 PM Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"?
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
I believe in honesty being the best policy and have ever since I was about 26 and made someone cry miserably over what I considered a small fib. I understood how it hurt them, why it hurt them, and how much trust and respect truly mean in any relationship.

At one point, I went off the deep end and became brutally honest and again, here come the tears. I was completely dumbfounded. I TOLD THE TRUTH! And still, the same reaction from someone else.

Moral dilemma, how do you keep true to your convictions but do so in a way that you don't shatter self esteem or someone's fragile version of reality where ever you go?

Please share your pain, lol.

Scottie

#363151 - 09/28/07 01:26 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: RazorFoot]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
One guess: you're dealing with a woman...right? LOL!

#363152 - 09/28/07 01:28 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: RazorFoot]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I'm a honest guy and always have been, and sometimes can be too honest at times as well. I tell it like it is and though I regret telling somethings ... well that is just me. I am responsible for my actions and I have to live up to them. However with that said I can "re-arrange" small lies so they are true or ring true even with evidence if need be. Nobody is perfect.

However at times if I hear something about somebody that I feel is wrong and if the person who they spoke about approaches me, I would be very tactful in telling them something that could have over the top reactions. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or get involved in something I shouldn't be, nor will I feed the flame.

I guess Scottie you have to weigh everything and see what is the greater good. Will people get hurt and will you be resented more so now or more so later; and then take the lesser of two evils. For me I over analyze things and always think of the worst possibilities and then make decisions on that.

Honesty most time "is" the best policy. You may look like a schmuck today but the repercussions could be far worse later if found out.

#363153 - 09/28/07 01:38 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: RazorFoot]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"?

Yes. 'Nuff said.

#363154 - 09/28/07 01:38 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: harlan]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

One guess: you're dealing with a woman...right? LOL!

Men do cry, only that they laugh about it.

#363155 - 09/28/07 01:42 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Been too honest? Yes. There are always levels. You have to guage your speech.

'The light of Truth's mid-day is too harsh for tender leaves.' - Buddha

#363156 - 09/28/07 02:49 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: harlan]
Leonine Offline

"How pretty do you think I really am?"

Oi, I would answer it the same, but I wish I could take back the question.

#363157 - 09/28/07 03:03 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: RazorFoot]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
There's a fine line between being brutally honest and being nice and honset. Say your wife /girlfriend asks if the dress makes her look fat and honestly it does.
WRONG ANSWER: "OMG! Thank goodness you said something because I don't want to be seen with you out in public with your ass looking that big."
More tactful asnwer: "Sweetheart I like the color of that dress on you but I don't think that cut is right for you."
The time tested formula is: complement something about the situation + specific critcism of the problem (not the person) = being able to sleep in your own bed and not the couch. Just my own personal experience.

Casey

#363158 - 09/28/07 03:08 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: clmibb]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Quote:

There's a fine line between being brutally honest and being nice and honset. Say your wife /girlfriend asks if the dress makes her look fat and honestly it does.
WRONG ANSWER: "OMG! Thank goodness you said something because I don't want to be seen with you out in public with your ass looking that big."
More tactful asnwer: "Sweetheart I like the color of that dress on you but I don't think that cut is right for you."
The time tested formula is: complement something about the situation + specific critcism of the problem (not the person) = being able to sleep in your own bed and not the couch. Just my own personal experience.

Casey

Your own personal experience??? How long did it take you to get your husband's blood stains out of the carpet and where did you hide the body?

Personally, dresses always make me look fat. Guess I will stick to shirts & pants. Oh wait, did I type that or think that?

Scottie

#363159 - 09/28/07 03:11 PM Re: Can you be or have you ever been "Too Honest"? [Re: clmibb]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

Say your wife /girlfriend asks if the dress makes her look fat and honestly it does.

CORRECT ANSWER: No honey that dress doesn't make you look fat, your continually eating and shoving food into your face makes you look fat.

My wife actually asked me something similar about a body part and I answered something comical that I still laugh about today. She didn't laugh but it still brings a smile to my face. I would share it but I don't think she would appreciate it. And I suspect other women wouldn't either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga