FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 6
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 07:16 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432449 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#363049 - 09/27/07 12:09 PM Reputable PP Schools?
diseredato Offline

Hello all,
I would like to learn pressure points in order to complement my MA training. However I'm having a hard time finding a good school. So, if someone can list some well known and respected PP teaching organizations, that would be of great help.

Thank you.

#363050 - 09/27/07 02:10 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: diseredato]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
test post

#363051 - 09/27/07 02:10 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: diseredato]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
personally I would look for a good traditional martial arts school that doesn't lead tuition with 'PP' emphasis,

as IMO this sort of stuff should come later on in training and shouldn't be relied on.

you should also save significant /$ this way..........

any of the okinawan karate systems, most of the chinese systems certainly have significant PP work somewhere in the training anyhow.

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#363052 - 09/27/07 02:49 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: shoshinkan]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
Pressure points is not a style but a compliment to a style you already have. In my school, just for example, we do a local Kenpo style called American-Te. Students then pay #30 a year plus #30 a month for Kyusho (pressure points). For this money, they get a 2 hour class on Sunday, plus an additional 1/2 hour tacked on at the end of the regular adult classes. Also, for the advanced people, we have a 2 hour class once a month with Evan Pantazi. One does NOT have to be an American-Te student to take the Kyusho classes. None of our outside students come for the little 1/2 hour session at the end of the adult classes, but we have several that come in for the 2 hour classes.

Jim Hulse http://www.uechiryu-karate.co.uk/
Ian Bissix http://www.uechiryu-karate.co.uk/

Of these I know Jim Hulse and highly recommend him.

THese are the Kyusho International Instructors in UK.

doushikai@btclick.com
http://www.zendoryu.com/www/front/index.php
http://www.urbancombat.org.uk/
http://www.krusader.co.uk/
leon.jay@ntlworld.com
http://www.t-k-d.co.uk/

These are DKI (Dillman Karate International) Instructors in UK. Of these, the only one I've met is Leon Jay (Small Circle Jujitsu) He is phenomenal.

After that, you can check Russell Stutley, who is living in Norway but he is British and teaches in UK and has instructors there. I'd also check with Rick Clark. There are many others. Try to find one who teaches a style close to your own. If none of these leads are good, ask me again and I'll give you some more.

#363053 - 09/27/07 02:55 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: underdog]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Sorry I was giving UK instructors but I have no clue where you live. I checked your profile and that doesn't say either. Go to Kyusho.com and look for instructors in the link and see what you find. That is Evan Pantazi's organization. If you don't find something there that meets your need Diseredato, then post again.

#363054 - 02/08/08 11:34 AM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: diseredato]
sigung Offline
Stranger

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
Pressure point training is usually offered as an integral part of the system of any balanced art. Wu Shen Pai Chu'an Fa, the art I teach includes instruction in these points and even certification in the various aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This training is, of course, for highly committed students and usually even pressure points are offered to more advanced students.
That said, try to find a school where the head instructor teaches an art where pressure points are part of the system and not merely an add on. It is possible that instructors who have such add on training are very reputable, but usually when it is considered an integral part of the training, the teacher has probably been well instructed in its principles. There are many systems that teach these arts besides Wu Shen Pai. Most Chinese Kung Fu systems offer this training. Korean arts such as Hwa Rang Do, Kuk Sool Won, Jung Shin Do offer this training as well.

#363055 - 02/09/08 09:08 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: sigung]
underdog Offline
Veteran

The original questioneer is long gone sigung, but I'm interested in your answer anyway.

I see you mention Hwa Rang. What about Tai Kwon Do? Is PP training an integral part of this art at the advanced level? I ask because I started with TKD but never got to black belt before I left and switched styles. However, there were enough clues in the color ranks to suggest that it would have been coming. This is from looking back, of course, because I've had some PP training since from another school and when I recall my good old TKD days, I suspect that it would have eventually been there as well.

#363056 - 02/11/08 08:03 PM Re: Reputable PP Schools? [Re: underdog]
Paulol Offline

it depends on whos teaching the taekwon-do

taekwon-do does not have pressure points in the official syllabus as handed down by choi hong hi (ITF) or through the WTF.

but as you have said yourself underdog any art can apply pressure points to there fightign style.

#363057 - 02/11/08 10:09 PM Shiatsu and TCM [Re: Paulol]
JAMJTX Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
Forget about trying to find a reputable PP school. There may be one out there but it's mostly hype and self-ranked promoters. I'm sure you will be able to find a good traditional teacher that incorporates PP training.

Or you can find a good teacher of Shiatsu and also study Traditional Chinese Medicine. You'll learn the healing aspects. Then you can work on learning ways to attack these points to do harm.

#363058 - 02/12/08 10:05 AM Re: Shiatsu and TCM [Re: JAMJTX]
Paulol Offline

Quote:

Forget about trying to find a reputable PP school. There may be one out there but it's mostly hype and self-ranked promoters. I'm sure you will be able to find a good traditional teacher that incorporates PP training.

Or you can find a good teacher of Shiatsu and also study Traditional Chinese Medicine. You'll learn the healing aspects. Then you can work on learning ways to attack these points to do harm.

healing points and manipulation are totally different to striking and using them for self defence.

also you do not need to learn as many as are used for healing to effect a good defence with pressure points.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga