FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#360986 - 09/14/07 07:51 PM a thought about Chi
innerchigates00 Offline
Stranger

Ok Some of not most of us have gone through that phase in which we think we can make chi into a physical being and i did aswell and i do accept my stupidity...here are my thoughts

chi is our lifeforce or innerforce that drives us right? we can control it to a certain extent and increase it over time with meditation. And yes we havent really found a way to make it physical but hear me out. A human in their whole life time only use about 10% - 11% of their brain in life. the other missing percentage may be the physical form of chi I mean when a person is enraged with emotions they seem to have no body limits and has alot of physical strength. now what im basically saying is that maybe we have 2 different forces driving our bodies we have the life force that makes us living and we also have adrenaline that increases our bodies natural functions beyond our natural limits so maybe if we look at our chi as our living force and our adrenaline maybe we can unlock the brains limits. heres another thought. when a person dies their brain can be active for months on end but the body is dead free of our souls or our lifeforce so what drives that? people say our chi is still in our bodies but is chi is our life force and if life force is thought to be our souls and our souls have techically left our bodies when we die who is there to say adrenaline is not left to keep our brains running? if we learn to control our adrenaline and somehow link it or combine it with our chi's imagine the possibilities

and another little thought to leave you with

the only thing holding you back is yourself. our bodies limit our minds and our thoughts limit our bodies. you can do anything if you put your Mind to it

just a thought i may be a little nieve but here are my thoughts critasize if you want but
do you agree with me?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 09/14/07 07:51 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by innerchigates00 (09/14/07 07:53 PM)

#360987 - 09/14/07 08:27 PM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: innerchigates00]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

hi, and welcome. I won't dispute your religeous beliefs, but this statement:
Quote:

A human in their whole life time only use about 10% - 11% of their brain in life.

is incorrect.

[ the statement, "We use only 10% of our brains" is false; it's a myth. We use all of our brain." ]
ref:
Neuroscience for Kids
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

other articles:
http://www.livescience.com/bestimg/index.php?url=myths_10percent_brain_03.jpg&cat=myths
http://www.csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2843/is_2_23/ai_54237509

etc...so in light of that, I'm afraid your whole chi theory breaks down. your positive thinking is admirable though...just don't lose site of the realities.

#360988 - 09/18/07 07:18 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: Ed_Morris]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Thats the first time i heard that the brain could be active for months after death. My understanding was that the brain begins to die after around 6 minutes if starved of oxygen. If the blood isn't pumping, then how can the adrenaline get from the adrenal glands (at the kidneys) to the brain?
While i definitely agree that our minds can inhibit our bodies and vice versa, and i agree that adrenaline can cause a physical response beyond what is normally produced, I also believe that it can severely inhibit performance since it tells you RUN! or FIGHT! when a clear mind would be preferable

#360989 - 09/18/07 09:48 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: jkdwarrior]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

uh huh, you didn't know that the brain keeps living months without oxygen or blood while the body decays?...after the head decomposes, the brain then slithers out of it's shell in search of a new host. it is attracted and propelled by chi. if it can't find a host, it crawls to the nearest lab and emerses itself in formaldahyde in the hopes it will someday be revived when a suitable host becomes available.

The PROOF is since I saw them all hybernating in jars on a shelf once - I could feel their dormant chi waiting to come out.

so you can't deny that chi exists as a life force.

#360990 - 09/19/07 02:36 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: Ed_Morris]
MastaFighta Offline

Loc: United States
I had the same theory many years ago, but that was many years ago.

The adrenaline rush isn't the key to unlocking "ultimate strength". The adrenaline rush is the result of a response to a threat, otherwise known as Fight or Flight Response. During this response, your body goes into overdrive. Your heart rate increases which in turn increases the flow of blood throughout your body, thus giving your muscles needed oxygen. Your pupils become dilated, which narrows your vision, possibly to maintain focus on the threat and nothing else. To top it off, you're feeling of pain is dulled. So, while you might feel stronger, you're not, at least not significantly.

Pain is actually a very valuable tool that prevents us from overexerting ourselves and causing damage to our bodies. However, during an adrenaline rush, the pain that you would normally feel isn't there to keep you from overexerting yourself. You could break your hand on the other guys head, and you wouldn't feel it until the adrenaline rush subsided. So, even if you're not feeling pain, that doesn't mean your body isn't being damaged.

As for using only 10% of our brains, that's not true. There has been no evidence to validate that claim.

As for our brain surviving long after the body is dead, that definitely isn't true. The body is what's keeping the brain alive and the brain is what's keeping the body alive. If the brain dies, then the body dies, if the body dies then the brain dies. In order for the brain to continue "living" it needs nutrients and oxygen (just to keep it blunt). The only way it obtains these essential things is through the body. So, without the body, the brain is unable to sustain itself for very long.

As for limits, Humans have them regardless of who tells you otherwise.

#360991 - 09/19/07 10:57 PM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: MastaFighta]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

you used to have the theory that brains stayed alive and crawled out in search of a new host?

what made you retract that theory?

#360992 - 09/20/07 12:59 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: Ed_Morris]
MastaFighta Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:

you used to have the theory that brains stayed alive and crawled out in search of a new host?

what made you retract that theory?

I meant that I used to have the theory that an adrenaline rush was the key to unlocking "ultimate power".

#360993 - 09/20/07 04:48 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: Ed_Morris]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Quote:

uh huh, you didn't know that the brain keeps living months without oxygen or blood while the body decays?...after the head decomposes, the brain then slithers out of it's shell in search of a new host. it is attracted and propelled by chi. if it can't find a host, it crawls to the nearest lab and emerses itself in formaldahyde in the hopes it will someday be revived when a suitable host becomes available.

The PROOF is since I saw them all hybernating in jars on a shelf once - I could feel their dormant chi waiting to come out.

so you can't deny that chi exists as a life force.

My god, this is brilliant. The most scarcastic thing I've heard in my life. How scary would it really be? Lying there in a coffin watching your body rot for MONTHS! It'd be like NOOOOOOOOO! don't bury me yet!

#360994 - 09/20/07 06:46 AM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: Ed_Morris]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Quote:

I saw them all hybernating in jars on a shelf once

Which restaurants/delis do you frequent, Ed? I'll remember to avoid them.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#360995 - 09/20/07 01:14 PM Re: a thought about Chi [Re: trevek]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

don't worry, I don't hang at the "Bread and Circuses"...you know, the ones with community soup and live puppet shows.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga