FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#359740 - 09/07/07 06:30 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: MattJ]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

Wheres the proof of this statement. Ive done a bit of googling and found very little to support this, although not being much of a physicist its hard to find an answer when the question is so vague.

Read up on the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-uncertainty/

While this does not strictly address the concept of spontaneous matter/energy production, it is related. It is an accepted fact in the Quantum physics world that matter/energy can appear and disappear at random. Although the more complex the system in question, the less likely it is significant.

I am not that high up on physics to fully understand the article but If I am correct it is based on theory not practical observation or experiment?

Electrons moving out of their orbits in to high or low energy states, the splitting of the atom (fission) releases energy as does ionization.

I think scientists have proven these things but to create energy/ matter from nothing ? Nothing being a vaccuum I presume?
Space is supposedly not empty from my readings therefore matter and energy wouldnt dissapear or reappear it might change perhaps?

Jude

#359741 - 09/07/07 08:21 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: MattJ]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

#359742 - 09/07/07 09:11 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: MastaFighta]
Christie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Waterloo, ON
Quote:

Give and explain one instance in which matter is destroyed. In addition, give and explain one instance in which matter is created from absolutely nothing.

Virtual particles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle

Basically a particle that comes into existance with borrowed energy (energy that doesn't exist) and then disappears just as quickly unless it come somehow "payback" that "energy loan." This is very, very, very basically what a virtual particle is.

#359743 - 09/09/07 10:13 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: Christie]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
I suppose it is asking too much to expect that definitive answers be somehow thrown up from all the arguements/theories put forward by members (however well read) in a MAs Forum in this area of cutting-edge physics where even cutting-edge physicists themselves reserve judgement.

The reason is obvious, if it is taken to be correct that SpaceTime, as we are told, came into being about 15,000,000,000 Earth Years ago and modern physics is at most about 500 Earth Years in the making? But please (and I am NOT being dismissive) don't let this stop the discussion.

Just to continue, I find it fascinating to be told by well-meaning physicists that each and every atom and therefore all it's formative sub-atomic particles (which have an uncanny tendency/ability to travel individually to the edge of the known Universe and back, seemingly in no time at all, and while it is there I can only tell it is "there" but not how fast it got "there" and vice versa?) were created and so existed since the presently accepted "Big Bang" event. So I therefore can declare that, from a Quantum POV, I, or at least my body (leaving out the problematic soul for the moment) am 15,000,000,000 Earth years old, give-or-take a couple of hundred million, depending on which physicist is the flavor of the month.

If only God was my physics teacher, then I wouldn't have to.....

Edited by ButterflyPalm (09/09/07 10:17 AM)

#359744 - 09/09/07 12:15 PM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: MattJ]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
surely the BB is the beginning of what we think we know now, but there would have had to have been something to create the elements to go bang with.

The problem is whether time really exists except as a human concept to measure things by and to relate to our surroundings.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#359745 - 09/09/07 08:20 PM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: trevek]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
From what I have read (according to modern science), time does not exist as a seperate facet of reality. It is a product of our brain's ability to perceive vision ie; "focusing" and "tracking" impose linear time on our senses, since we can't view everything at once.

Quantum theory views time and space as one unit, existing "all at once", and if everything exists "all at once", time cannot exist - except in our minds.

JMO from what I have read, and I am not a physicist or scientist. I barely graduated high school.

#359746 - 09/10/07 06:53 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: MattJ]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
I'd go for that... I recall the last tournament I was in and it felt like the past, present and future punches were all landing on my head 'at once'

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#359747 - 09/27/08 12:46 PM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: trevek]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Though this thread has been dead awhile I thought it was interesting so I brought it back.
There is substantial evidence that the universe is expanding and will continue doing so indefinitely or for a hel.luva long time. It doesnt look like it'll come back in on itself and expand and contract for eternity. So then there is a definite beginning. So something had to start it all. Maybe we're an offshoot of another universe in a sea of universes (bubble theory) but then where did the first universe come from? Who the heck knows but saying it came from some unknown natural means is no less likely than saying it came from some eternal, perfect, inelligent, invisible man. Is that possible? Of course. But no more likely. Saying the universe(s) have always been here or have always been bulding on each other for eternity (whatever that means in reality) seems to me to be just as likely as anything. Eternity is hard to accept no matter what it is you're talking about-God or the universe itself.
Bubble theory and the multiverse are fascinating ideas if anyone is interested by the way.
One question I have is, is there such a thing as non-existence? I mean is "Nothing" really something? Or is it just an unrealistic concept like infinity? Maybe there has to be existence, and energy. Far as I know a vaccuum isnt non-existence. Empty space is technically something.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#359748 - 09/28/08 05:54 AM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: shadowkahn]
puffadder Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:

well if you read the bible you discover that it's one of the things God knows and might tell you when you die.

I love this idea that when you die God will sit you down on his knee and explain the how the whole universe works to you.

I imagine he will say that there was a second coming - he did visit earth again in human form and he called himself Douglas Adams. He then tried to explain how the universe worked but nobody took him seriously.

#359749 - 09/28/08 08:40 PM Re: No beginning and no end [Re: puffadder]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Careful with Bible talk, or any religion talk, understandably it's not really allowed and the thread will be locked.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga