FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355652 - 08/15/07 12:28 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: VietPanda]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
In the English & USA invasion of China Iron Shirt training didn't work, there is no training that can defy the laws of physics or nature. A lot of great Master died finding that out.

#355653 - 08/21/07 02:22 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: Neko456]
ShangTsung Offline

Loc: Bomb factory
Yes it does work however you must first buy and master my new system, Ultimate Bulletproof Kung Fu TM. I have performed the technique many times and you can now be the owner of this new system for only $190 + P&P.

#355654 - 08/21/07 02:30 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: ShangTsung]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
It's just doing tons of pushups while wearing kevlar right?

#355655 - 08/24/07 09:46 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest train [Re: JKogas]
Ames Offline
Veteran

I don't know how true this story is, but years I ago I remember reading about the Shaolin monks experiance testing guns when they first arrived in China. As I remember, about a dozen of them lined up and tried tried to use iron shirt. One managed to stand there for ten minutes after being shot, but then fell over and died.

--Chris

#355656 - 09/03/07 07:32 AM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: VietPanda]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

OK this is a serious question, just out of curiosity - is it actually possible to be able to resist a shot from the weakest gun available these days through Iron Vest training?

I read in 'ripleys believe it or not' that a guy who worked out heaps got shot, and the bullet didn't even penetrate his skin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4El4ea4hTak

If you I look at this version of iron shirt training then
I think it looks like some form of joke. They cant punch or kick so absorbing the blows wouldnt be a problem for anybody who didnt train. I wouldnt like to be the partner of the woman hitting herself with a brick. I think body conditioning is trained through weigth training and or some form of restistance training, kata/forms( if that is how a person wishes to train) and breathing. I think the striking of the body does have its place once the required level of muscle condition is reached but this type of training on the above video is stupid.

Regards the bullet or pointed weapons thing then no.
Some idiot spouting rubbish.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doci...h&plindex=6

This is how karate kata is used for testing conditioning

Jude

#355657 - 11/26/07 07:22 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: VietPanda]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
And they say there's no such thing as a stupid question.
All jokes aside though, I've heard of one case where a guy got shot in the gut and lived, where the bullet didn't fully pierce his muscles. I believe it was Cleveland "Big Cat" Williams or someone who was shot with a .357 round by a State Trooper and had strong enough stomach muscles to stop it somewhat but it screwed him up pretty good. I just read about it in a book on boxing for self defense so who knows how much truth there is to the story. Anyone else hear of that?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#355658 - 11/26/07 07:28 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: jude33]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

What the hell were they doing at 39 seconds? Or do I want to know?
Anyway what kind of round kicks are those? There is no pivot, and no snap whatsoever, no power or speed, I mean they literally just toss their legs up there halfhazardly. That is embarrasing.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#355659 - 11/26/07 10:51 PM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: Stormdragon]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

Anyway what kind of round kicks are those? There is no pivot, and no snap whatsoever, no power or speed, I mean they literally just toss their legs up there halfhazardly.

Well genius, you don't kick full power and speed to do hard body training. Those are conditioning kicks. It's a combination of isometric exercises, and "rebound training" to train the muscles and body parts to absorb punishment. In the second video, the sensei was using "testing kicks" to test the strength and postures... it was never designed to be an attack, simply a testing of their stance and body work.

As for the "bulletproof" training, my .357 will blow a hole all the way through you... iron shirt and all. People who try stunts like that die from terminal stupidity... if they have a weapon, it's aggravated stupidity. Calling "Mythbusters" isn't necessary.

#355660 - 11/27/07 02:38 AM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: wristtwister]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Don't be presumptuous, that story was not posted as anything NEAR fact. I said I just heard or actually read it somewhere and that I had no idea whether it was true or not just an ancedotal possibility (if that's even a term). But it's possible to live through, there's documented proof of several people living through shots to the head and body (or at least the head I know for sure, not sure about the body but I think so. Read NOT SURE)
People can and DO live through it occasionally, and logically, the more fibers of flesh (especially muscle) you have around the area that's being shot, the slower the bullet will travel as it penetrates. Maybe not much slower at all, but slightly. Because it has that much more to drive through.
As for the kicks, you don't have to use crappy technique to gauge your power. that just builds bad instincts IMO and experience (which I know is limited).
I do admit that using too much power is not good at the beginning but they had to be advanced, I mean come on, they were hitting themselves with BRICKS and they were a demo team which means they had to have at least a major portion of experts to look good enough.! And they can't take a padded kick to the body. Would good is taking hits with nearly NO power if you're advanced.

#355661 - 11/27/07 05:49 AM Re: serious question - bulletproof Iron Vest training? [Re: Stormdragon]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

As for the kicks, you don't have to use crappy technique to gauge your power. that just builds bad instincts IMO and experience (which I know is limited).
I do admit that using too much power is not good at the beginning but they had to be advanced, I mean come on, they were hitting themselves with BRICKS and they were a demo team which means they had to have at least a major portion of experts to look good enough.! And they can't take a padded kick to the body. Would good is taking hits with nearly NO power if you're advanced.

Hi

They are testing their conditioning/ breathing. If you google up uechi ryu there is a 79 year old 10th dan taking kicks to his legs. They are also breaking baseball bats with their shins. Videos can be deceiving. If you maybe could find someone with conditioned shins and ask them to kick you lightly in the thigh. Most people tend to hobble around when that happens.

Jude

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga