FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#354406 - 11/04/07 08:36 AM Re: Tegumi-related [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

What part of karate is not geared toward some aspect of fighting?

Kata?

No, No, No, please forget I said that; this thread is already monstrous enough.

What is your understanding of kata. I mean what do you think the practice of kata is for?

#354407 - 11/04/07 10:01 AM Re: Tegumi-related
kakushiite Offline

Loc: Ithaca, NY, USA
RyuyuPeichin said:

ďWhat is your understanding of kata. I mean what do you think the practice of kata is for?Ē

Perhaps you would like to comment to the topic of this thread.

Is karate less effective because it covers too much?

It would be great if you could tell us about the karate system you train in now, or those you have trained in over years. Specifically, what portion of the system you now study is designed to maximize a studentís effectiveness in self defense?

Kakushite

#354408 - 11/04/07 10:51 AM Re: Tegumi-related
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
O a simple question, what do I think the practice of kata is for?

Well beginners practice.

Simply kata is one tool, unchanging (by my definition of what it represents), to break what presents itself before me!

#354409 - 11/04/07 12:10 PM Re: Tegumi-related [Re: kakushiite]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Perhaps you would like to comment to the topic of this thread.

Is karate less effective because it covers too much? Kakushite

Perhaps if you go back a couple of posts you can see that I did respond to the topic of this thread.

#354410 - 11/04/07 01:42 PM Re: Tegumi-related
kakushiite Offline

Loc: Ithaca, NY, USA
RyukyuPeichin,

Regarding the topic, you had two statements (and two questions) on the topic:

Depends on the style I guess. Depends on what you actually do in that style. If a coach or Instructor taught just fighting would it be more accepted as a effective Combat system? What part of karate is not geared toward some aspect of fighting?

Prior to that statement, you had 6 posts on this site. You came to this forum and this thread, which was dormant for 6 weeks, and your first post had nothing to do with the subject. It was a reference to a discussion on Karate-budo which Patrick McCarthy, Gene Williams, Robert Rousselet and others were having an in-depth discussion of Patrick McCarthy's background.

Immediately you were accused of being Robert Rousselet, someone with hardly a stellar reputation on martial arts forums and just might qualify for Guinness for person banned from the most Martial Arts forums.

Many will concur that this forum has prospered quite nicely without Gene Williams and Robby Rousselet.

So help us out here. Maybe you could provide us with some background that would help us to better believe that you are not actually the e-thug that Patrick has accused you of being.

What is the primary karate system that you train in today? How long have you been a part of this or other systems? Who is your current teacher?

-Kakushite

#354411 - 11/04/07 02:29 PM Re: Tegumi-related [Re: kakushiite]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Regarding the topic, you had two statements (and two questions) on the topic:

Depends on the style I guess. Depends on what you actually do in that style. If a coach or Instructor taught just fighting would it be more accepted as a effective Combat system? What part of karate is not geared toward some aspect of fighting? -Kakushite

Please read the posts more carefully. My comments were: Depends on the style I guess. Depends on what you actually do in that style. & What part of karate is not geared toward some aspect of fighting?
The statement about a coach was posted by someone else and was part of a quote in my post.

Quote:

Prior to that statement, you had 6 posts on this site. You came to this forum and this thread, which was dormant for 6 weeks, and your first post had nothing to do with the subject. It was a reference to a discussion on Karate-budo which Patrick McCarthy, Gene Williams, Robert Rousselet and others were having an in-depth discussion of Patrick McCarthy's background. -Kakushite

I was alerted to this thread by one of your members.

Quote:

Immediately you were accused of being Robert Rousselet, someone with hardly a stellar reputation on martial arts forums and just might qualify for Guinness for person banned from the most Martial Arts forums. Many will concur that this forum has prospered quite nicely without Gene Williams and Robby Rousselet. -Kakushite

I find Mr. Rousseletís rather entertaining and informative. His posts are often more informtative than most of the quacks I have seen on some of the message boards around. He does have a knack for exposing people that are fakes, frauds or just full of it I will give him that.

Quote:

So help us out here. Maybe you could provide us with some background that would help us to better believe that you are not actually the e-thug that Patrick has accused you of being. -Kakushite

I canít really understand how stating my background will help you believe I am who I sat I am. Do the other members that post here have to give their backgrounds? I have given my name when asked and thatís enough and more than some other members have given, including you.

Quote:

What is the primary karate system that you train in today? How long have you been a part of this or other systems? Who is your current teacher?
-Kakushite

You accuse me of not posting on topic and now you are doing the same thing.
But since there is an obvious paranoid element around I will break it own for you. I have trained in Daido Juku for 11 years from Mr. Yamazaki.
So itís my turn now.
Whatís your real name?
What is the primary karate system that you train in today?
Who is your current teacher?

Itís only fair and polite that you answer the same questions you have asked me.

Edited by RyukyuPeichin (11/04/07 02:31 PM)

#354412 - 11/04/07 03:28 PM Does karate attempt to do too much..
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
...well...I think this thread does.

Since some folks like their anonymity, and this forum doesn't require names (and mods can't distinguish between liars, frauds, etc.)...I suggest that folks with questions that are outside of the topic of this thread...go to PM (as has been suggested previously).

#354413 - 11/04/07 03:33 PM Re: Does karate attempt to do too much.. [Re: harlan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

...well...I think this thread does.

Does what?

Quote:

Since some folks like their anonymity, and this forum doesn't require names (and mods can't distinguish between liars, frauds, etc.)...I suggest that folks with questions that are outside of the topic of this thread...go to PM (as has been suggested previously).

So will you follow your own suggestions? You claimed I was someone I am not and practically demanded I ďproveĒ my identity.

#354414 - 11/04/07 03:51 PM Re: Does karate attempt to do too much..
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
You are the one that doesn't seem to want to contribute to the thread topic.

#354415 - 11/04/07 03:57 PM Re: Does karate attempt to do too much.. [Re: harlan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You are the one that doesn't seem to want to contribute to the thread topic.

Well between you and the other people quizzing me on my identity it doesn't leave much time.

Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga