FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 5
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#353450 - 07/27/07 05:06 PM Shooting the sh1t thread ...
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
It is a quiet day at work and nothing much is going on here or on the boards so thought I'd just shoot the sh1t. Pretty tired lately as a had one of those 48 hour trials for the X-Box 360 Gold Memberships so have been playing online Rainbow Six Las Vegas. Now I've actually signed up and am paying for it as I'm hooked. If you play I'm usually on there from 10:00 PM to 2:30 AM weeknights... and sometimes later; god knows if I'm not doing anything on the weekend how long I will be on there as I usually don't go to bed on Fridays or Saturdays till after 4:00 AM. If you are on there I go under decu68; first two letters my first name, third and fourth letters my last name and 68 for the year I was born. Also is my e-mail addresses and use elsewhere.

I finally finished all of the upgrades on my 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6. The windshield is now black. I put frame sliders on it. I mounted flush front signal lights. And I took off the rear fender/signal lights and incorporated the rear signal lights in with the break light. Now the bike looks streamlined and I'm enjoying it even more. I ride it to work just about everyday and just about anywhere I can go. Even got my wife on the back of the thing on Sunday for just over an hour, though it really isn't designed for a passenger regardless that it has the little seat.

Very hot here in Alberta with the temperature for the last month of July in the 30+ Celsius (86+ F). Normally not this hot so this is one of the hottest years ever ... which probably means we will have one of the coldest winters ever too.

Training is going not so bad. Haven't really done any BJJ in the last while but TKD is coming along slowly. Still trying to get over the fear of using my left leg due to the ACL surgery I had in mid December. It is holding up but clicks and clunks quite a bit but no pain. The front of the knee is numb still in spots and the scar where the cut was made still tingles and is uncomfortable to kneel on, and probably why I haven't done as much grappling.

Took 3 weeks off for holidays and did no weight lifting so back into things the last week or two. Back doing Squats which I hadn't done for a while due to a neck injury. Pretty sore today and especially yesterday that I could not even ride my bike to work as it hurt too much. Want to build myself back up but still stay pretty mobile as I have put off black belt testing for too long and just want to now get it out of the way. Not a priority, obviously not as I've been at the same level as 1st Gup for 1.5 years but perhaps November will go for it and if not, shortly thereafter.

Not much else I can think of talking about. Got a few things now on my desk to do so I will sign off for now.

#353451 - 07/27/07 06:02 PM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Dereck]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Well I have been really sick with the flu for the past 3 weeks so I have not been to training or even thought much about it. That really sux. My whole family is sick and I'm the only one who hasn't spent time in bed cos I've been looking after them...

AND I havent even ridden any of my horses in that time so that's how sick I've been!

Plus the weather here has been foul. I hate winter, can hardly wait to give it to all you poor suckers on the other side of the world.

#353452 - 07/27/07 07:21 PM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Dereck]
Saisho Offline
more than just a pretty face

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
That is pretty hot. I was up in the Strathroy, Ontario area two weekends ago and it was around 23 C the entire weekend. That was suprisingly mild.

#353453 - 07/27/07 09:48 PM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Saisho]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Haven't done anything productive in the last few weeks actually.

My MA training has come to a full stop, as work has over-taken my life.

I'm going to move into a cheaper apartment soon, so I can afford saving up for my future vehicle.

The new apartment has a park and gym nearby so I might start doing weight-lifting after work, and run in the mornings.

World of Warcraft is still addictive, and it's keeping me up until 03:00 every night, and I have to wake up at 06:00 everyday.

I'm stressed, but not tired. Sleep doesn't work for me.

I'm enjoying white bread.

-Taison out

#353454 - 07/28/07 12:02 AM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Taison]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
I've taken up a new hobby. I am learning to play the diatonic harmonica, or for those in the know, the 'blues harp' Learning to "bend" is more challenging than doing the 360
degree spinning back kick.

#353455 - 07/28/07 12:12 AM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I seriously need to learn to play golf and pool. And maybe a new instrument.

-Taison out

#353456 - 07/28/07 08:15 AM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Taison]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
I love to play pool. Used to be fairly sharp, but haven't played for some time now. No pool halls near where I live now. I have played mini-golf, and enjoyed that. But never played the real thing. REAL OKINAWAN GOLF, as Multiversed would probably say.

#353457 - 07/28/07 08:22 AM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Taison]
Al_Fernz Offline

Loc: Ireland
Cool thread.

I'm finishing my thesis for college at the moment. Its on a famine in Malawi in 2001/2. I'm an economics student so I'm analyzing it from a price quantity perspective. Basically, I'm arguing that there was sufficient food in the country at the time of the famine it's just that the distribution and pricing mechanisms did not work. The level of corruption there is unreal. People with government connections (some even in the government) bought the entire national grain reserve very cheaply. They then hoarded it so that the prices would skyrocket. The end result was that people starved while these traders made profits.

The price and food production data supports this. Its been an interesting experience. A lot of hard work in a thesis. Hopefully, I can edit it so that it gets published in an academic journal. I certainly think its good enough. So does my supervisor, so fingers crossed. If I get it published then I'll have a better chance of going to the US with a scholarship for a PhD. Thats the dream!

I start my first proper full time job next week. I meet the office yesterday and they seem like a nice bunch. I'll be the only guy working in an office with 4 girls. I was slightly disappointed about that, because I won't be able to talk about manly stuff like cars, football and action movies . I have to brush up on my knowledge of shopping, shoes etc for next week! The job itself seems cool and it involves some travel, which I like. I'll be going to London, Madrid, Prague and Portugal.

Thats if I go in! I fractured the metacarpal in my thumb after some guy blocked my attempted ridgehand with his elbow. Scheduled for surgery on Monday if I need it. If I'm still in hospital on Wednesday I won't be able to go into work. Hopefully the healing is going well but you never know.

I really miss kickboxing and working out. These are my two most enjoyed past-times. Maybe after surgery I can start doing some kind of limited training so I don't lose my fitness. I'm going to miss a few tournaments which is always a disappointment. Being injured makes you appreciate being fit and training so much more. Having a hand injury is even worse because you can't play the X-box either!

#353458 - 07/28/07 10:55 AM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Taison]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

I seriously need to learn to play golf and pool. And maybe a new instrument.

-Taison out

I own a pool table in my basement but like my golf game, some days you are on and you've got it and other days you wonder if you have ever played the game.

As for playing an instrument, can't play anything. Did do guitar lessons when younger to grade 3 but never pursued it and lost anything I knew. Perhaps could still play "Oh When The Saints, Go Marching In" and for sure the MASH theme.

#353459 - 07/28/07 10:18 PM Re: Shooting the sh1t thread ... [Re: Dereck]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
I played the piano when I was younger (around 6 or 7) and can't say that I can play much now other than "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

As far as pool playing, I used to play at least twice a week and was pretty good for a while but like most things once you have kids, it fell to a back priority (read didn't play it again until recently). I've started playing again and I'm not quite back on my top game like I was, but I'm getting there. Like all things, I can only get better.

Casey

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga