FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#351550 - 07/16/07 07:35 AM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: Dereck]
Midnightcrawler Offline
Dragon

Loc: England
WW,

Damn tough luck, you have my sympathy. I had something similar happen years ago. Did you get the other guys registration plate? After all they should be the one paying for the repairs to your vehicle. Best of luck.

MC.

#351551 - 07/16/07 10:54 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: Midnightcrawler]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
This was irritating, but I once had a week where my dishwasher, water heater, and furnace all went out in the same week (of course during mid-winter) and had to be replaced. At the time, I was unemployed, and it took every dime I had saved at the time to simply survive that week.

This will be a "walk in the park" compared to that.

I also spent 6 days last winter without power, with the temperatures in the 20's. My wife, who died of cancer last October, had to have "wet pack" dressings applied during that time, and that's when I learned what "tough" means. I've been doing martial arts almost 45 years, and compared to what she went through, I'm a "candy a$$".

#351552 - 07/17/07 10:37 AM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: wristtwister]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
GEEZ WT Sorry to hear about your car. Did the other guy leave insurance info?

Casey

#351553 - 07/17/07 04:58 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: clmibb]
wristtwister Offline

Oh yeah, he had insurance. He didn't have a chance to run off because the cops took him into custody almost immediately after he hit the cars. It's just a pain in the arse to have to deal with the insurance companies and take time out of your life to do their legwork for them.

You'd think you worked for them when they start telling you what you need to do after an accident. My take was... I was sitting there having my supper and my car jumped out in front of your client?... No, maybe you need to do the legwork and get this fixed. ASAP would be less expensive for you.

It took them almost two days just to arrange for a rental car, so my patience is already short with them. I told the agent "You can get this taken care of, or I can call my lawyer and he can add a couple of thousand to the claim and handle it for you... you get to choose..."

#351554 - 07/17/07 05:44 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: wristtwister]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Dealing with insurance companies is no fun, I know from experience. The thing is you have to keep on top of them to make sure they are handling your needs immediately and you don't get lost on their list. Funny eh? If you don't pay them they would be on you like a fat kid on a smartie to get it but when they have to dole out some cash then you are not as important. And if you are the victim then it seems even worse. Hate them though my wife's accident just before Christmas went fairly smoothly but I handled everything and when I'm involved ... things get done or I get ruthless ... and you don't want to be on my ruthless side.

#351555 - 07/17/07 06:08 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: wristtwister]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Oh he hit more than just yours? I thought this was just a "hey sorry I backed up too far" type of thing. Guess not.

Casey

#351556 - 07/17/07 09:05 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: clmibb]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
That sux.

Hope your week improves~

#351557 - 07/17/07 10:48 PM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: Reiki]
wristtwister Offline

Well, things are looking up. I just got back from a Josh Groban concert, so I've had some good music to cheer me up. That guy can sing! (Found out tonight that he grew up at the Metropolitan Opera... where you might get some good voice training)

I raised enough hell with the insurance companies that they're moving now... but they requested that I not call their office again... ... like that would stop me...

#351558 - 07/18/07 02:05 AM Re: How to ruin a good weekend... [Re: wristtwister]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Keep at the insurance company Grady. Sorry to hear you went to the Josh Groban concert though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga