FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Victor Smith 1
ergees 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#348574 - 06/26/07 05:47 AM Cris Benoit??
jc4199 Offline

Loc: Pevely, MO U.S.A
He was one of my favriotes as a kid I know some of you out there are fans or were fans at one time

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/articles/benoitupdate

#348575 - 06/26/07 05:59 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: jc4199]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Chris Benoit.

I'll miss him. I grew up watching him, I still remember when he was part of the Four Horsemen during his WCW days, with Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and that other dude that I don't give much about.

I've seen him grown literally. From a small lightweight wrestler to what he was a few weeks ago. That's a lot of growth right there.

Benoit will be missed.

-Taison out

#348576 - 06/26/07 07:28 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: jc4199]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Very sad news. Chris was one of my favorite wrestlers, when I watched wrestling.

#348577 - 06/26/07 09:41 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
holy sh1t!! That is so sad. It is about time that WWE were brought to task regarding the workload, conditions and 'off air' support offered to their 'superstars'. Look at the death records in pro wrestling and it is one giant list of drug abuse, crime and mental problems. we all have guidelines for safe conditions at work, and all emplyers have a duty of care regarding their staff. It is about time that the McMahon's adhered to similar for their employees.

#348578 - 06/26/07 11:27 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
This has really touched home as Chris Benoit was born and raised in Edmonton, AB and still has a home here he frequents. Plus his parents still live out here and his previous wife and two kids still live in this area.

I was shocked last night when I heard that his wife, 7 year old son and himself were found dead in their home in Georgia. I was even more shocked when this morning I heard they are investigating this as a murder suicide. I however will not pass any judgment and wish to hear the whole story, or what they will release.

Chris was definitely a wrestling favorite for myself and not just because he was a native to my area. I liked his work ethic, his abilities and his general appearance, aside from the missing tooth. His build is something I always strived for, though through natural means. That he was not a tall person but rather on the short side and that this never once stopped him from obtaining great things in the pro wrestling business; and that he was successful at it ... that is something to admire. To know he grew up like myself a year or two apart watching the same Stampede Wrestling when it came from Calgary to Edmonton and that he more then likely was in the same building as I was at one or more occasions. And that one day I would be cheering for him as I did for those at that time. On WWE Raw last night Stone Cold Steve Austin said his favorite match with Chris was when he was in Edmonton in front of Chris's fans ... and I remember that moment well as I was there. So many good memories ... so sad of an outcome. Chris was certainly one of the greats and will be sorely missed.

#348579 - 06/26/07 09:08 PM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: Dereck]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
I'm kind of with Cord on this one. While he might have been a world class athlete, it's a little much to get past the fact he killed his wife and son before killing himself.

Most of the conjecture in the news today was "steroid abuse" led to it. Whatever his reasons, the outcome was God-awful, and not the kind of epitaph you want to leave as your memory. This certainly trumps any wrestling glories he might be entitled to...

Very sad indeed.

#348580 - 06/27/07 09:42 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: wristtwister]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Steroid use does not even come into play with this. Stuff like that comes from uneducated people who know nothing! I wish people like that would just shut up!

I watched a program last night and his blood work came clean they said of any drugs. I'm not sure if they were testing for steroids but none the less steroids do not make people do anything, people make people do things. Somewhere in Chris's physcy he was mentally unstable and there were underlying problems that he kept bottled up until he exploded. He was a man that kept to himself and should have seeked professional help. Assault charges by his wife were already laid once and dropped so that was a clear sign of problems before. That he tied his wife up and strangled her one night, suffocated his son the following morning and then hung himself later that night is a clear sign of mentally unstableness.

I could have dealt better with this if perhaps they all had died from carbon monoxide poisoning or that somebody had murdered them but these circumstances I find it extremely hard. I am saddened, angry, disturbed, shocked and confused. While I make no excused for Chris, I will still celebrate the man he was not the man he became or the man that did this unthinkable act.

#348581 - 06/27/07 10:32 AM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: wristtwister]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
The media love a 'roid-rage' story, but the simple fact is that none of the many anabolic steroids available have been proven to create repeatable, constant or clinicaly verifiable psychological side effects. Unnaturaly high testosterone levels have the potential to increase libido, and increase agression, but it is a huge leap from a short temper to doing what Benoit has done. Historicaly, such family murder/suicide tragedies are more linked to clinical depression than aggression.

What is more than likely is that benoit was taking heavy duty painkillers over and above the recommended dosage, and also pharmaceutical grade stimulants (ephedra, nubain, maybe even aphetamine and cocaine). Wrestling is rife with abuse of such substances to a) allow the athlete to perform whilst suffering horrible injuries, and b) to combat fatigue from hectic travelling and chronic over-training.
the combination of stimulants, and the 'downer' of painkillers leads to wildly fluctuating brain chemistry, and can easily impair judgement and ones perspective on right and wrong.

#348582 - 06/27/07 12:40 PM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: Cord]
NewJitsu Offline

Loc: Midlands, UK
Definitely agree. The McMahons should go back to the 'good ol' days' of wrestling when workers showed 2 or 3 nights a week and were allowed a lot of time back home with their families. But the mighty dollar speaks louder than most things in TV-land. Suffice it to say, Chris Benoit will now never be remembered for what he wanted to be - the best technical wrestler around. And, if things carry on, he won't be the last casualty. Terrible, terrible stuff. Unimaginable.

#348583 - 07/01/07 12:51 PM Re: Cris Benoit?? [Re: NewJitsu]
Al_Fernz Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

Suffice it to say, Chris Benoit will now never be remembered for what he wanted to be - the best technical wrestler around. And, if things carry on, he won't be the last casualty. Terrible, terrible stuff. Unimaginable.

My gut feeling is he did it. "Roid rage," or whatever it looks like the guy killed his wife, 7 year old kid and left 2 other children without parents and mentally scarred for life.

Get things in perspective, it doesn't look like he's the victim. If he has committed this horrible crime then he is a terrible, terrible person and I don't think people should be sad or sympathize for him.

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga