FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
trevek 6
JKogas 5
cxt 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:17 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432446 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#348377 - 06/24/07 10:33 PM Self defense against the cops
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

In the United States, as many as 80 percent of suspects waive their rights to silence and counsel, allowing police to conduct a full-scale interrogation in order to get a confession.

Why are confessions so important to the police? It is simply this: cops are stupid and lazy, and they see confessions as a quick way to solve a crime. It saves lazy cops the hassle of actually doing police work (things like searching for genuine physical evidence or interviewing potential witnesses etc). A quick confession leaves more time for coffee and donuts.

Here are a couple of links on interrogation techniques

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/niger/1143/interog.html

http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-interrogation.htm

Now that you know what to expect from the cops, remember the five techniques of surviving a police interrogation (without confessing)

• Remain silent.
• Remain silent.
• Imagine the words "I invoke my right to remain silent" painted on the wall, and stare at them throughout the interrogation.
• Momentarily break your silence to ask for counsel.
• Cultivate hatred for your interrogator so you don't fall into his traps and start talking.

#348378 - 06/24/07 11:50 PM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: ExCon]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Yeah, because cops aren't here to serve and protect. If you don't trust them, who's looking out for you? I mean, your taxes are paying for the service they give. Treat a cop bad and you'll be treated bad in return. Sure, don't confess to anything you've not done but being cooperative could save you a whole boatload of hassle.

Brainwashing yourself to believe that all cops are out to get you is probably not the best idea in the world.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (06/24/07 11:52 PM)

#348379 - 06/25/07 12:55 AM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: Leo_E_49]
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

Quote:

Yeah, because cops aren't here to serve and protect.

That’s right; it’s a myth that the police are there to protect citizens.

Read the truth here

#348380 - 06/25/07 01:07 AM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: ExCon]
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

Quote:

Police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim. There have BEEN OVER 10 various supreme and state court cases the individual has never won. Notably, the Supreme Court STATED about the responsibility of police for the security of your family and loved ones is "You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones. That was the essence of a U.S. Supreme Court decision in the early 1980's when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole."

Read more here.

#348381 - 06/25/07 03:01 AM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: ExCon]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole.

Exactly what I'm talking about. The police serve and protect society as a whole. They do so by enforcing the rule of law, without which, we would still be in the middle ages, significantly worse off than we are today. Without laws, peoples' rights can not be maintained.

I would argue that policing is a natural consequence of democracy; wherein people eventually realise that through contract ethics, we need an organisation to enforce commonly accepted rules of conduct called laws. As such, policing is a natural function of any state where individual liberties are protected and government is chosen by vote. In other systems, military rule enforces law; be it from the Knights of feudal systems or some such other military force. The alternatives to policing are, in my opinion, far worse.

Policing is a tough job; one which I would not like to undertake personally. Police, naturally, are not the best loved people in the world and they get a lot of crap treatment from people daily. Hence, you're likely to be treated better if you are cooperative without incriminating yourself in any way. Naturally, the first thing you should do is ask to speak to your lawyer, but doing so without aggravating a situation can cause you no harm.

Note, I am not a US citizen or resident, nor am I well acquainted with US criminal law and police procedures.

Interestingly, in many countries, people don't even have as many rights regarding their interactions with the police as you do over in the states. In Singapore, for example, you'd be entitled to much less in terms of your treatment by law enforcement officers.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (06/25/07 03:05 AM)

#348382 - 06/25/07 07:15 AM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: Leo_E_49]
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

The purpose of any police force is to protect the status quo i.e. those in power.

But that’s another thread; this thread is how to conduct yourself in a police interrogation. Try to stay on topic!

#348383 - 06/25/07 09:23 AM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: ExCon]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
ExCon -

I have to admit that as someone with friends and family in the LEO field, that I disagree with the notion that all police are stupid and lazy, or otherwise immoral.

And if you think that police officers have free rein to do whatever they want, you are mistaken there as well. They are mostly watched VERY CLOSELY by superior officers and Internal Affairs for any offenses which would harm the department. I assure you that those IA reviews are no joke, and a siginificant (and LONG TERM) hassle for the officers involved. Few officers are going to willingly incur that kind of treatment.

I am not disagreeing that there are bad apples - like in any other occupation. But many police do genuinely care about serving their community.

#348384 - 06/25/07 03:53 PM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: MattJ]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Officers are human too. Treating them like they're some embodiment of big brother, in my opinion, isn't the smartest idea in the world.

#348385 - 06/26/07 10:53 PM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: Leo_E_49]
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

I hope all you people who are concerned about the coercive power of the state have followed the links. You lap dogs can keep licking the hand that beats you.

#348386 - 06/27/07 12:16 PM Re: Self defense against the cops [Re: ExCon]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

It really doesn't matter if the cops are good or evil for the purposes of this discussion. It's incredibly stupid to run your mouth when in the hands of law enforcement, even if you've got the nicest cop on the planet. The cop is basically gonna lock you away and then the district attorney is going to step in and decide whether or not to prosecute you. If you talk freely, you might say something that circumstantially points to you being guilty - - and if that happens you might find yourself on trial.

If the cop is detaining you for ANY reason, do not say ANYTHING except your name and address, until you have a lawyer present.

It's important here to note that the cop does not have to put handcuffs on you or put you in the back of a squad car in order to arrest you. If the cop says you can't leave, you are under arrest, even if you're not wearing the government-issued bracelets. Whether you're under arrest or not, you do not have to answer the cop's questions - that protection doesn't just start when he Mirandizes you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga