FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
ergees 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#347277 - 06/17/07 02:27 PM Online dating?
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Ok, I've heard some stuff about this phenomena.

How does it work? Really. . I have absolutely no idea.

Sure, some of my best friends are people I've never met in real life, but seriously, does anyone think that meeting someone online can actually lead to a fruitful relationship?

I'm extremely bored, so I'm just randomly posting this. Feel free to express your ideas.

-Taison out

#347278 - 06/17/07 02:34 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: Taison]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Taison:

It works very nicely. And lets you sort out aspects of people, how they think quickly without being overly embarrassing in person. Whether/how they develop depends as always on what each of us brings to the proverbial table, bed, kitchen, relationship...

Time is required for the sorting process to be maximally effective...IMHE.

Some worked very nicely, others unfortunately did not. Depends on what you are seeking?! "Playmates" are easily found , but partners... requires more time, persistance.
Friends... we require time as well.

Jeff

#347279 - 06/17/07 03:24 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: Taison]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Whatever you do... don't meet anyone from craigslist.

Take my word for it... just don't do it.

#347280 - 06/17/07 03:47 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: Mr_Heretik]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Quote:

Whatever you do... don't meet anyone from craigslist.

Take my word for it... just don't do it.

The general rule for people on online dating services seems to be; "Attractive, single, mentally stable; choose two."

#347281 - 06/18/07 01:33 AM Re: Online dating? [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Quote:

The general rule for people on online dating services seems to be; "Attractive, single, mentally stable; choose one."

Fixed.

#347282 - 06/18/07 01:48 AM Re: Online dating? [Re: Taison]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
For some inexplicable reason, eligible people in Singapore seems to have 'trouble' getting marriage partners and so the Government itself set up a government bureau for singles to meet and called this bureau the "Social Development Unit" ('SDU'); it went well until someone said that 'SDU' actually meant "Single Desperate & Ugly"

....eh....choose one?

#347283 - 06/18/07 10:15 AM Re: Online dating? [Re: Taison]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
If an individual has not got the time, or the social confidence/skills to meet/approach other people in person, then even if they 'bloom' online, the chances are that any real life escalation of a virtual relationship will be doomed by the limitations that necessitated the 'virtual' beginning in the first place

#347284 - 06/18/07 03:42 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Have never done on-line dating nor any other form of dating with the exception of good old fashion meeting somebody, initiating conversation and taking it from there. Heck, I've been out of the game since 1986 and am thankful.

However my brother is back into this scene and though he doesn't do too much on-line dating, he does a fair more on the phone dating scene with reviewing people's mailboxes, leaving messages, picking up messages, etc. He's done it before as did a friend and what they both referred to this is free sex, and lots of it. Having sex with 1 or more girls a week with every week being different ... sounds like the wrong way to go to meet people or start a relationship. In fact they both said if you want the easiest sex you have to get in touch with the ones saying they are looking for a long time relationship, not casual as the casual were less likely to give it up so early.

This makes me question how is the best way to meet that right person, or even a decent person? You only have so many friends you can count on. I think the bar scene is over-rated and probably not a good place to look for a long term relationship. Hanging out at the super market can't be that good. Health clubs ... do people really want to be bothered while they are working out all sweaty? Do you start going to church to meet a decent person and if so if you are not religious do you want to open that can of worms?

Thankfully these things I don't have to worry about. I think the older you get the harder it is. Everybody at my age who's looking for somebody was married or going through a separation/divorce and may or may not have kids. With this comes emotional baggage and upfront issues due to kids or exes. Those that are not with somebody you have to wonder why not? It doesn't sound like it is a win win situation. Don't have the foggiest idea of what I would do if I was in that position?????????

#347285 - 06/18/07 04:01 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: Mr_Heretik]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Quote:

Quote:

The general rule for people on online dating services seems to be; "Attractive, single, mentally stable; choose one."

Fixed.

Sounds like somebody had a bad experience...

#347286 - 06/18/07 04:13 PM Re: Online dating? [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I can't speak for the on-line dating as much as I can for the phone dating one ... but the majority of the phone dating ones have not worked out, in fact I think I would say only 2% work out. I've known too many people get on it with some even marrying those people only to end in disaster. Not just minor disaster but major. This would be the reason I would never use something like this nor would I personally take my chances on on-line dating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga