FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#341952 - 05/14/07 04:41 PM Possible fight at a park
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

I was walking home from work at a park this saturday, and at least 4 guys in a car drive by, and I could tell that they were looking for a fight by the way one guy was staring at me.

Nonetheless I kept walking, then they started throwing rocks at me and cussing at me.

So I yell that they throw like a ***** and everytime they throw a rock, I yell "you missed!".

So I just kept walking, but it seems they were itching for a fight.

I wonder if I should of acted differantly, if I should of not said anything, if I should of tested my luck in a fight, if I should of called the cops, or what have you.

I was just in such a peaceful mood as I was walking through the park, that these thugs really caught me off guard.

If I would of obliged them in a fight and hurt them, then maybe I saved somebody else a beating, yet there is always the possibility of me getting beat too.

Interesting situation though, it's amazing how disrespectful and rude these kids are. There parents probably buy them cars and cell phones, yet they still have to prove themselves.

Would anybody of acted differantly in my situation? Do you think I should have? Any thoughts on this situation are appreciated, because I think this whole thing was very amusing.

Edited by pepto_bismol (05/14/07 04:42 PM)

#341953 - 05/14/07 06:53 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
I had a similar situation a few months back whilst I was waiting for a bus, and coincidently they were throwing stones but none of them even came close to hitting me because I was behind a clear plastic bus shelter, I put up with this for ten minutes until the three morons started shouting at me from across the street (please note that capital letters denote shouting).

Moron-1: GINGER!

Me: W*NKER!

Another 2-3 minutes passed and the stone throwing commenced as I waited for my bus, please note that I turn up early for my buses because on many occasions they have showed up very early and ofcourse by the time I've got to the bus stop I have to wait another whole hour for the next one unless some kind old lady tells me the bus I'm waiting for has gone.

So, after five minutes of stone throwing the guys says the same thing:

Moron-1: GINGER!

Me: W*NKER!

The morons laughed and silently conversed amongst themselves.

Moron-2: GINGER!

Each moron laughed out loud the second after he shouted, so I responded:

Me: HAHAHA! YOUR SOOO F*CKIN' FUNNY!

One of the morons (didn't see which one): SHUT UP GINGER.

Me: YOU WOULDN'T BE SAYING SH*T IF YOU WERE ALONE.

Moron-1: WHAT?!

I repeated my last sentence, the exact same way I said my first, I knew he heard me but I said it again just to make sure. He probably thought that he would be giving the impression that he was a threat or that I wouldn't have the nads to repeat what I said, but I made it clear that it wasn't the case.

More words were exchanged though I can't remember exactly what, but it did lead up to:

Me: WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER HERE AND SAY THAT?

For about twenty seconds the morons mumbled amongst themselves until I heard one say:

Moron-1: Should we go over there?

Me: YEAH, COME OVER HERE.

The other two nodded and got up, the other took a second longer, to me this said that he was the weak link in the group, even though he was the guy who started it to begin with. This also said to me that my earlier statement "YOU WOULDN'T BE SAYING SH*T IF YOU WERE ALONE." was indeed true and that this whole issue on his part was motivated by his desire to show off to his friends.
So, as they crossed the road a car drove past meaning they had to stop briefly to avoid being run over, seeing this I shouted:

Me: CAREFUL LITTLE GIRLS, DON'T WANT TO GET RUN OVER DO WE?

The reason I referred to them as 'little girls' is because I knew for a fact, just by looking at them that they liked to think of themselves as 'men', so I thought I'd try and be a little patronizing by totally disregarding their 'manhood' and call them 'little girls', I call it 'the emasculation effect' .

So, when they got to my side of the road I positioned my self slightly more inside the bus shelter since it was a narrower space because of the wall opposite the inside, meaning that they would find it harder to surround me if the all came at once, and I could also use the wall or bus shelter as part of my arsenal if necessary, failing that I could still retreat with a nice open space outside the shelter to my rear.
Carrying on, one moron said:

Moron-1: Yeah, so what do you want then?

Me: So you think it's funny shouting sh*t from across the road do you?

Moron-1: What? I didn't say anything, I think he's chattin' sh*t don't you?

He said as he looked to his friends, for approval, yet more dependence on his buddies, it was becoming increasingly clear that if I was to take out any of them it would have to be this dweeb.

Me: No, I'm not chattin' sh*t, you 'were' shouting at me from over there and I don't think it's funny.

Moron-3: What? I was chattin' sh*t?

Me: No, I never saw you do anything, it was these two.

I think Moron-3 just didn't want feel left out, I didn't see him actually do anything so I wasn't directing anything at him, but I still say he's a moron for hanging out with such idiots.

There was more talk and talk of fighting, I don't remember clearly but I remember they laughed out loud when I said I'd take on the three of them at once, to which I replied:

Me: No, really, I'm serious.

Moron-1: Yeah whatever mate, why don't you take your hair out of your face?

I liked the fact he was uncomfortable with my hair, I could see where he was looking and what his expressions were, but he couldn't do the same, I chuckled inside my head at this.

Me: No I won't, why do you want to see my face anyway? are you gay?

Yet more of the 'emasculation effect' in play here.

Moron-1: Who? Me? Yeah!

This was a surprising reaction, I would never expect a moron such as this to be secure with his sexuality, it looked like the 'emasculation effect' wasn't going to work on this guy, though I tried it again just to be sure.

Me: Really? Me too! Wanna go around the back there?

Moron-1: What? No! I'm goin' man, I don't like gay boys.

Inside my head I laughed out loud. He totally wasn't expecting to be called on that, and it worked perfectly.
Now him and his friends were walking away, but I didn't want to leave it on a bad note

Me: So, don't you want to fight then, you did earlier didn't you?

Moron-1: What just me? Or all of us?

Me: I don't really mind, what do you want to do?
Wasn't I polite? Moron-1 was about to take off his bag, but when he saw me take mine off and kick it out of the way he couldn't seem to make up his mind, he kept picking it up and putting it down whilst he silently conversed with his friends, the other two however didn't really want anything to do with it, they must have been thinking that it was none of their business and that it was their friends problem, explaining why Moron-1 couldn't make up his mind due to the fact his friends weren't going to back him up, or they could have been thinking why was a 5'5 long haired gingernut was standing up to 3 people who were each 5'10 - 6'?

Eventually they left without saying a word, leaving me to say to my self "wtf was that all about? all that build up for nothing!" I mused (I talk to myself quite often, monologuing is a hobby of mine ).

A few minutes later the bus came, I ordered a child fare even though I was 17 and went to the back of the bus as I always do (youth is cheap! ), as I sat down and the bus began to move, I noticed the morons walking back down the road, I kindly waved to them but I didn't think they noticed to to lack of response.

What did I learn from this? Not much except that chavs are even bigger wimps than I first thought, can't take up a challenge even though they had superior numbers.

#341954 - 05/14/07 07:55 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

Quote:

So I yell that they throw like a ***** and everytime they throw a rock, I yell "you missed!".

So I just kept walking, but it seems they were itching for a fight.

I wonder if I should of acted differantly,

Ya think? Yeah, let's be blunt. Shut the hell up, and get on the cell phone to the cops. Why would you antagonize these idiots? That's a REALLY stupid move man. Trying to get into a 4 on 1 fight by mouthing off? If this is the kind of attitude your dojo encourages, you need to find a new dojo.

#341955 - 05/14/07 09:00 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]

Or maybe you should know that not everyone aspires to be an ancient samurai and that people who needlessly aggravate others for fun deserve whatever response they get.

#341956 - 05/14/07 09:15 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Loc: Earth
Quote:

I had a similar situation a few months back whilst I was waiting for a bus, ........

I thought that the script was OK as a 1st attempt.
Perhaps a little bit long winded on the dialogue.
Maybe next time you can set the scene out a bit more by emphasising the main character's motivation and then some atmospheric description?
Frankly I don't see this making it as a film though, but good 1st attempt. Well done.

#341957 - 05/14/07 09:22 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Actually, I thought DCM's story was pretty realistic, since I see situations like that happen all the time.

#341958 - 05/14/07 09:26 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]

Oh no, you misunderstand, I put it in that format so people could see pretty much every thing that happened from a subjective point of view, this way the experienced can be analyzed easier, word for word as best as I can remember it.
If I were writing a script however it wouldn't be about a guy waiting for a bus and I'd atleast give the characters some depth to their personality or atleast a justifiable objective behind their actions.

#341959 - 05/14/07 09:42 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]

And he questions my circumstances...
Quote:

I can only speak from experience. I had a knife pulled on me in Brazil, I think the guy wanted my wallet, but I felt it odd the way this guy approached me and as soon as I saw a knife in his hands, I dropped him, stamped on him and ran. It was only afterwards when the thought of what had occurred hit me and I was apparently white and shaking for a while.

I understand fully that if he wanted to kill me outright, I may not have even seen him or the blade. If it does happen in that way then it will be outside of my consciousness and therefore beyond my control, so I don’t see the point on getting too hung up on it.

I edited this post to add something that I missed, namely that when I was confronted, it was early morning and reasonably busy, but none of the other people nearby wanted to get involved. In fact it felt like they refused to even see it and that [censored] me off still.

#341960 - 05/15/07 12:52 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Or maybe you should know that not everyone aspires to be an ancient samurai and that people who needlessly aggravate others for fun deserve whatever response they get.

seriously dcm, I concur. You can't just blame everything on the dojo, and you have to be realistic... people do have there imperfections, and if I don't say anything, there is the possibility they will walk all over me.

I have to go to sleep, but thanks for the feedback DCM.

#341961 - 05/15/07 01:18 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Quote:

And he questions my circumstances...

Fantastic!!!
(You do good and accurate research!!!) Brilliant!!
You Win .... Hands Down!!!!
Here.... Take my Wallet!!

(\ /)
( x x)-<<<
('')('')
(Edited to kill the Bunny)

#341962 - 05/15/07 06:38 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Griffy, to be honest, DCM's been a buddy of mine for a long time on these boards. If you don't believe in it, then fine, no biggy.

I could tell you a lot of stories that are far bloodier than DCM's and also involves drugs, prostitution, rape and lots of other immoral stuff that I don't speak about on the boards due to 1) I might get banned and 2) You've got nothing to do with it.

Thanks for sharing DCM, to bad no fight happened. You're one itchy little Brit aren't you

-Taison out

#341963 - 05/15/07 07:44 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]

Quote:

I could tell you a lot of stories that are far bloodier than DCM's and also involves drugs, prostitution, rape and lots of other immoral stuff that I don't speak about on the boards due to 1) I might get banned and 2) You've got nothing to do with it.

Thanks for sharing DCM, to bad no fight happened. You're one itchy little Brit aren't you

-Taison out

Closest I can get is drugs, but no rape or prostitution, and morality is subject to point of view, but anyway, are these things standard happenings for someone living in your part of bangkok or are you the type of guy that trouble just seems to happen around?

Quote:

(\ /)
( x x)-<<<
('')('')

Why an earth would you do that to an innocent little bunny?! MEAN!! *cries holding bunny in arms*

#341964 - 05/15/07 09:39 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
(\ /)
( x x)-<<<
('')('')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why an earth would you do that to an innocent little bunny?! MEAN!! *cries holding bunny in arms*

For dinner of course. Have you never tried a lovely bit of roasted rabbit??
Yummmmmmmm!!!

#341965 - 05/15/07 09:55 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: McSensei]

Evil! No bunny eating will happen here! Protect the bunnies!

#341966 - 05/15/07 10:28 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Let's just say I'm more or less a sh!t magnet, and let's leave it at that. Not something I really want to discuss.

As for bunnies. . Must eat bunny!!!!

-Taison out Starts with horses

#341967 - 05/15/07 04:17 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Taison]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Mmmmmmmm, horse meat burgers, Mmmmm. With bunny pate to start..

All washed down with a nice Cabernet..

#341968 - 05/15/07 05:25 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
just me i guess, but theres something of a double standard on this forum sometimes. anyother time this kind of story comes up and the guy is told where to go, but a friend of the mods?

why is crap like this even entertained? both stories are about some kids who can't keep there mouths shut? some punks throwing rocks at you and you yell insults back at them? then put up to fight like john wayne? grow up the lot of you.

like jkogas says, some of you are lucky enough to be running into people who don't know there arse from a hole in the ground.

obvisouly no one gives a damn about my opnion concerning this topic, but here i go anyway. your exactly right, thoes people get what ever reaction they deserve, and you are making a habbit out of doing exactly that. putting up against a few punks will get you not but a little ego story to smile about. one time to many and bang, game over.

some things really make your eyes open a little wider during an other wise boring evening on the internet. the ability to fight is the smallest achievement in the martial arts. what leason can you teach some punks anyway? all they do is make up stories about twhat happened anyway, making them selves out to be little bad asses, i personally don't know anyone who actually learned a thing from getting stood up to. they come back with more guys, or lie about it afterwards. you can't teach them a thing, and all your doing is endangering yourself why? cause he called you a name? oh to be 17 again.

good luck to the both of you, i really mean that. good luck.

yours in life (or at least until i get banned )

#341969 - 05/15/07 05:39 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: McSensei]

I swear my life is like the Truman show, I talk about saving bunnies, then my foster brother shoots on in our field and I had to skin it, it's now hanging in our garage where it will remain for the next two days.

#341970 - 05/15/07 05:49 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Taison]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Quote:

Griffy, to be honest, DCM's been a buddy of mine for a long time on these boards. If you don't believe in it, then fine, no biggy.

Dude Relax, chill.
DCM took it in excellent spirit and responded appropriately.

I think you may have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick and started to beat about the bush with it.

----
Mark, Good point. I entirely agree with you (and that was my motivation behind the "Film Script" comments).

#341971 - 05/15/07 06:20 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Student of life,

"but a friend of the mods?"

I am the moderator of this forum and I can categorically state that I do not have any friends.
Can't be doing with them, a right pain in the arse.

"yours in life (or at least until i get banned "

You're banned!

Edited by McSensei (05/15/07 06:22 PM)

#341972 - 05/15/07 06:35 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: McSensei]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

wanna be my friend??

#341973 - 05/15/07 06:43 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Quote:

wanna be my friend (McSensei) ??

You are just jealous 'cos Thaison is my bestest buddy.
(Or did I misread his post)?

#341974 - 05/15/07 07:13 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

i got my heavy bag, who needs people!! lol

#341975 - 05/15/07 07:27 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]

I wonder if I can use the skin of the rabbit as part of a heavy bag, I think it would be good leather since the stuff was as tough as hell at first, but when I got the old wrist action going there was no stopping me

#341976 - 05/15/07 07:48 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

Quote:

seriously dcm, I concur. You can't just blame everything on the dojo, and you have to be realistic... people do have there imperfections, and if I don't say anything, there is the possibility they will walk all over me.

You keep thinkin' that. You'll probably stop when you wake up in a hospital after having your teeth extracted from your stomach.

And don't get me wrong - I don't blame your dojo for what you did. YOU were the one being stupid. However, if your dojo lets you get away with this kind of crap, then you need a new dojo. What you did would get you kicked out of my dojo if we found out about it. We don't teach people who can't control themselves, and you mouthing off like that would show us that you can't control yourself. A good martial artist realizes that avoiding a fight is the main goal.

#341977 - 05/15/07 08:46 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Quote:

And don't get me wrong - I don't blame your dojo for what you did. YOU were the one being stupid. However, if your dojo lets you get away with this kind of crap, then you need a new dojo. What you did would get you kicked out of my dojo if we found out about it. We don't teach people who can't control themselves, and you mouthing off like that would show us that you can't control yourself. A good martial artist realizes that avoiding a fight is the main goal.

shadow, I was looking for replies from people with experience who can share their wisdom. Not computer warriors.

Assault with a deadly weapon vs. my one insult... who was the one being stupid?

anyway shadow, I can tell you are very strong and very wise

and I am sure you are in situations like this all the time, that is why you have such excellent advice.

I can only envy you and your ethereal "dojo" and hope that one day, I too... can turn the other cheek?

Thanks for the effort shadowkahn, but it seems that your judgement is flawed due to lack of experience.

And shadowkahn, if there are any tournaments in your area, please invite me... then we will see who's teeth get extracted from their stomach.

Anyway, in other news, as I was riding down the street from work last night, I was chased by a crazy dog that was sitting by a car.

Man I am glad I had my bike fixed, if I was jogging I would have had some hurt ankles.

lol, I love my neighborhood

#341978 - 05/15/07 09:34 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

hey coyboy, he's offering the advice that an adult would give you. mouthing off back at the guys and having such a gung ho idea of fighting tells more then you realiaze.

and yes, you are suposed to turn the other cheek. what in gods name do you loose by walking or running away a fight. and what do you gain by mouthing off back at them? street cred?. if you feel so strongly about "standing up for yourself" against a few punks with rocks, then go to town.

ask your family weather or not they want a musashi, or someone who will be around for christmas for years to come.

theres a huge difference between self defence and agravated assult. telling you this is a waste of time i think, but its always worth a shot. im not telling you to walk away next time, im asking you, please for your own safety just let it slide man. odds are its just a few punks looking for an excuse.

yours in life

#341979 - 05/15/07 09:39 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

oh to be 17 again.

good luck to the both of you, i really mean that. good luck.

yours in life (or at least until i get banned )

Actually I am 15, and I was walking in the park alone.

and ultimately, I never turned back, even while they were throwing rocks.

At least one guy got out of the car, and I decided not to fight, but at the same time... I had to comment on his throwing ability

I did what you call "fighting without fighting yet coming very close to fighting" as Bruce Lee would probably say it.

And I am sure a lot of "adults" would of fought with these young kids, so just because I am young, doesn't mean I am bound to act worse then any 40 year old man walking through the park.

g2g in a hurry and looking forward to more discussion

#341980 - 05/15/07 09:56 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

Quote:

telling you this is a waste of time i think

I think you nailed it here, sir. What we have here, folks, is another punk kid that thinks he's some sort of street rambo, and will resort to baseless, and frankly laughable, insults against any one of us who does not immediately bow down to him, tell him he's more awesome than awesome, and heap praise upon him for being a jackass to a bunch of jackasses.

Fortunately, he mentioned he's 15. This means he has the capability of growth. He'll either grow out of this dumbassery naturally, by maturing, or he'll grow out of it by force, when he shoots off his mouth to another car full of morons who will delight at the opportunity to kick the ass of the guy who thinks he's the karate kid.

As for my experience, I have sufficient experience to know that it is not wise to mouth off to people at all, and to know that it is a very special kind of stupid to mouth off to people who are looking for trouble.

#341981 - 05/15/07 10:04 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Quote:

What we have here, folks, is another punk kid that thinks he's some sort of street rambo

No, I must object. Quite Strongly!
This young chap said and I quote
Quote:

Anyway, in other news, as I was riding down the street from work last night, I was chased by a crazy dog that was sitting by a car.

Now I remember seeing Rambo.
I don't however remember him peddling away furiously at the prospect of being chased by a "Crazy Dog."
That kind of thing just wouldn't happen.
I now have images of Rambo “squealing like a girly” whilst being chased by a grumpy Terrier.

#341982 - 05/15/07 10:10 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

*grin*

#341983 - 05/15/07 11:57 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]

Basically I will never back down from retarded, ugly, testosterone driven, egotistical, genetically defective, mentally challenged chavs unless I'm injured, drunk, stoned or some other reason that puts me at a physical disadvantage, otherwise 3, 10, 100, bring em on, I will never be ruled by such inferior scum, there's nothing about them I respect and would gladly direct a holocaust for them for the good of the world which would probably be doing them a favor also.

dcm

#341984 - 05/16/07 12:02 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

*Smacks DCM on the back of the head*
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. You've had enough for today.

Hmm.. 50? Yeah, they probably should bring some more. They're heavily out-numbered.

-Taison out

#341985 - 05/16/07 12:27 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

hey coyboy, he's offering the advice that an adult would give you. mouthing off back at the guys and having such a gung ho idea of fighting tells more then you realiaze.

spelling "realiaze" wrong tells me more then you realize

sof and shadow, what you said sounds very nice, in theory.

But I highly doubt either of you have been in a situation similar to mine, and I also don't believe that you would practice what you preach.

Listen man, the fact is that I walked away from the fight, yes I swore at them, but that's it. My swearing at them did not agitate them enough for them to chase me, and if they did decide to chase me, I am a very fast runner, and a pretty decent fighter.

Sorry shadow and sof, both of you sound very... "unpolished".

I know this must sound contradictory coming from a 15 year old, and you would love to discredit everything I say because I am "only" 15.

But wisdom can be accumulated in many different ways.

So sof and shadow, I love philosophy, it's a lot of fun, but in the end nothing you guys said is useful, it is just entertaining. If there was somebody out there who lived in a rough neighborhood or has dealt with similar situations, then great... enlighten me.

For those of you who have never experienced anything similar, then you are in no position to lecture me, after all... what you say, and what you do can be entirely different.

btw rambo being chased by a little dog, hilarious.

#341986 - 05/16/07 01:20 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Taison]

Quote:

*Smacks DCM on the back of the head*
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. You've had enough for today.

Hmm.. 50? Yeah, they probably should bring some more. They're heavily out-numbered.

-Taison out

*Holds back of head* Ouchy

But I haven't been smoking anything, it's 6:16am too early, evenings the best time for it where you can just go to sleep early and wake up real early, but I haven't smoked any in a while.

And I don't need numbers to take care of pathetic chavs, unless it's the theory of relativity to make an atom bomb

#341987 - 05/16/07 11:00 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

ok, i grew up in the bad side of town, i weighed 30 lbs soaking wet and my last name rymed with weener. i've been in more fights then hulk hogen. i have a 9 inch scar on my stomach from a swing some one took at me with a board with a nail in it. and enough scars on my hands from useless fights. maybe i never grew up in your neck of the woods, but mine sucked too.

actually, i was 14 when i got the scar on my stomach. i had a mouth, and i never took crap from anyone, or let my friends take it either. most of my fights were from picking up for my friends. caused by mouthing off at people throwing rocks. i don't remember how many times i was suspended from school. i don't need to fire a resume at you to offer good advice anyway.

i haven't been in a fight since i started the martial arts. there was one close call, a friend of mine home for the summer and i were out and a few guys came after us for some thing that happened a year prior. when i was your age, it would have ended in a mess. they threw the first shot and i took in on the jaw, when i never went down they laughed at me and keept up their crap. after a few minutes they walked away laughing at me and my friend. a soar jaw beats a criminal record. in my books anyway. i had fought with these guys before, and they learned nothing from it the, why would they now? its more important to forgive them for being ingorant and immature then it is to put them in their place. wel, the one you think they belong in.

as for being ruled over by some less then human slim. yo uhave got to be kidding me bro. what do they rule? what do they have over me? they hit me in the face? if i wanted them dead, they'd be dead. what they have over me is ego, sad, small ego. my family stills loves me, and my friend and i laughed them off and enjoyed the rest of our time together. and i don't need to prove anything to anyone, even myself.

*spelling "realiaze" wrong tells me more then you realize *

im far from smart about much my man, but your taking some digs at people who are only trying to help. i know wisdom when i see it.

what i say and what i do may not always be the same. but i'm trying very hard to make them the same. ever since i started helping with the kids classes at karate, i think of thoes kids as my own, i try to lead a good example for them. if its not up to your standards, thats fine.

time will teach you more then we can here. the biggest wake up call for me was loosing friends to jail and juvinile for assult and the like.

finially. just because were not giving you the answers your looking for dosen't mean you can't learn from them, after all....a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer, then i foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

good luck wise man

#341988 - 05/16/07 11:32 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fairfax, VA
i weighed 30 lbs soaking wet....

What, when you were three?

just pickin'

Best,
Jim

#341989 - 05/16/07 01:22 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

sof, I just assumed that such politically correct advice is most likely from an inexperienced man, because what is politically correct and what works is not always the same thing.

The realize thing was a joke, but seriously... At first I pretty much read "you were stupid, you should be kicked out of your dojo"

and I thought that sounded a bit harsh, and an experienced fighter and/or streetwise person would know that it is hard not to mouth off against aggressors. The crudeness and righeousness of your initial response made me think that you were just trying to make yourself feel more like a crusader against stupidity rather then a martial arts brother trying to help.

And I hate it when people get in to a "righeous crusader" mode... because everybody has their own imperfections, even the crusaders.

Both shadows posts and your posts stated the obvious politically correct answer that was always in the back of everybodies mind (so I assume)

That is why I said it is entertaining, I should rephrase what I said. It was a "refreshing restatement of the obvious politically correct answer"

I was just hoping for a more in depth conversation then that.

#341990 - 05/16/07 02:13 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hard to get on depth with a person who does not accept the most basic elements of self defense and Martial Arts.

Either avoid the situation or solve the situation, yelling in the park at bunch of punks is just a childish response to childish behavior.

#341991 - 05/16/07 02:32 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

*sof, I just assumed that such politically correct advice is most likely from an inexperienced man, because what is politically correct and what works is not always the same thing.*

expirence tought me why the politically correct view is the way it is. and it varries from one person to another. my grand father got mad at me for not fighting when i told him about it, same with my father.

*The realize thing was a joke, but seriously... At first I pretty much read "you were stupid, you should be kicked out of your dojo"*

read my post again, i never said that. it was someone else, i asked you to make the right choice.

*And I hate it when people get in to a "righeous crusader" mode... because everybody has their own imperfections, even the crusaders.*

hence no crusaders, just loud mouths. and people telling you what they think, their posts get railed over sometimes depending on the mood your in when you read them.

how indepth did you want to get with it then? i know how dishreatening it can be when the thread dosn't answer the questions or go the way you thought it would. sorry i had to ruin your day.

#341992 - 05/16/07 03:44 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

I had planned on letting this one drop, but now you're actually talking to us instead of hurling idiotic insults, so we'll give it another shot.

Quote:

sof, I just assumed that such politically correct advice is most likely from an inexperienced man,

Who said anything about politically correct? Since when did being smart enough to try and avoid getting the crap knocked out of you become mere political correctness? If you mean that my response to your question was typical of the experienced martial artists on this board, and therefore wasn't a new and innovative thought that I gave you, well, I guess I'm guilty. But then, the fact that what I said is typical of the experienced martial artists on here, should probably tell you something.

Quote:

because what is politically correct and what works is not always the same thing.

That's true, but when you have 4 guys trying to decide whether or not to beat the hell out of you, it's much less likely that hurling insults at them will avoid a fight than if you simply kept your mouth shut.

Quote:

"you were stupid, you should be kicked out of your dojo"

You *were* stupid, and if your dojo found out about it they should certainly discipline you.

Quote:

and I thought that sounded a bit harsh, and an experienced fighter and/or streetwise person would know that it is hard not to mouth off against aggressors.

An experienced fighter would be able to control himself.

Quote:

you were just trying to make yourself feel more like a crusader against stupidity rather then a martial arts brother trying to help.

You got me there. I do crusade against stupidity. Stupidity happens to be a pet peeve of mine. And just because you happen to take karate, does not make you a martial artist, nor does it automatically make you a member of the "brotherhood" of martial artists any more than my owning a motorcycle would automatically make me a Hells Angel.

Martial arts is a way of life - a way of life which includes the maturity and discipline not to smart off at street hoodlums.

Quote:

And I hate it when people get in to a "righeous crusader" mode... because everybody has their own imperfections, even the crusaders.

True enough, and I certainly don't claim to be perfect. However, you seem to want people to couch their advice in syrupy sweet tones, or better yet, to tell you how great you are for brilliantly deciding to antagonize a car full of idiots. All I can say to that is, welcome to the real world pal. You claim to be street wise and to have experience beyond your years. OK, we'll take you at your word, but in the adult world if you screw up, you're going to hear about it - especially if you ask for feedback on the screwup - and what you hear may not be what you want to hear.

Quote:

Both shadows posts and your posts stated the obvious politically correct answer that was always in the back of everybodies mind (so I assume)

It apparently wasn't very obvious to you because you did not do it.

Quote:

How much more in depth do you want to go? You acted the fool. We told you that. I really don't know where else to take that train of thought without beating it into the ground. If you have specific questions as to why it's incredibly stupid to yell insults at a car full of idiots who are throwing rocks at you, by all means ask them - -although we really shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Edited by shadowkahn (05/16/07 03:46 PM)

#341993 - 05/16/07 04:37 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

shadow, I should be disciplined for retaliating?

ha, kind of silly

EDIT:

now that I have more time to write, I can respond to your post more thoroughly. The reason I believe that people go on crusades is because they are insecure about there own weaknesses and have to badger other people for others.

Was it stupid to Irritate a few thugs? Maybe it was "stupid" for those thugs to Irritate me

Shadowkahn, The idea of being "disciplined" for retaliating sounds of so very stupid that I can't even dumb myself down enough to entertain the thought.

Shadowkahn, is stupidity a pet peeve of yours because you are smart enough to realize that you are stupid?

#341994 - 05/16/07 05:10 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Quote:

shadow, I should be disciplined for retaliating? ha, kind of silly

Shadow and SOL.
I think you may be p*ssing against the wind on this one.
He is obviously entrenched within his behavioral pattern.
He may or may not ever get it!

Here is a little song for you all:

Ahem.....

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
Was one little fishy and his mommy fishy too
Swim! said the mommy fishy, Swim if you can!
And he swam and he swam right over the dam

cho: Boop boop dittum dattum wattum, choo (3x)
And he swam and he swam all over the dam (repeats last line)

Stop! said the mommy fishy, You'll get lost!
But the little ol'e fishy didn't want to be bossed
So the little ol'e fishy set off on a spree
And he swam and he swam right out to the sea

Whee yelled the fishy, oh here's a lot of fun.
Swim in the sea 'til the day is done
So he swam and he swam, it was all, a lark.
'Til all of a sudden they saw a shark.

Whoa(?) cried the fishy, oh look at the whales
Quick as he could he turned on his tails
Back to the pool in the meadow he swam
And swam and swam back over the dam.

#341995 - 05/16/07 05:51 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
Emsanon Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
Quote:

Assault with a deadly weapon vs. my one insult... who was the one being stupid?

If someone is looking for a fight, then yes, an insult could set them off. I remember back when I was in highschool, I saw someone get stabbed just because they leaned over and moved another students school papers. It wasn't even an insult and the guy was stabbed. And no, the school I attended did not have a bad reputation. It was a good school located in a good part of town. It was kind of odd seeing that aggressive action for something that caused no harm to the other individual. There's just too many crazy people out there.

#341996 - 05/16/07 06:05 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Emsanon]

"Punished by your dojo"? The words of a asia-phile if I ever heard them.

#341997 - 05/16/07 06:09 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

shadow, I should be disciplined for retaliating?

ha, kind of silly

EDIT:

now that I have more time to write, I can respond to your post more thoroughly. The reason I believe that people go on crusades is because they are insecure about there own weaknesses and have to badger other people for others.

Was it stupid to Irritate a few thugs? Maybe it was "stupid" for those thugs to Irritate me

Shadowkahn, The idea of being "disciplined" for retaliating sounds of so very stupid that I can't even dumb myself down enough to entertain the thought.

Shadowkahn, is stupidity a pet peeve of yours because you are smart enough to realize that you are stupid?

Here we go with the name calling that will get this thread locked down for sure.

#341998 - 05/16/07 09:40 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

"Punished by your dojo"? The words of a asia-phile if I ever heard them.

My thoughts exactly, and no, I am not calling him stupid as an insult. I am just giving him an oppurtunity to look within himself, because I noticed that people develop what I would call a "righteous complex" based on their own insecurities. He said it was stupid for me to curse at the attackers, but if shadow was as smart as he seems to think he is, then he would realize that it is hard to just "keep walking" is it stupid to stand up against aggressors?

Well, I guess that all depends on your own ethics and virtues.

Is it "stupid" to get angry when provoked and attacked?

Well who am I to judge what is stupid and what is not? After all, why should I consider myself so smart? I don't openly insult people's intelligence very often, online or in real life. If they made a dumb move, then I have to realize that there are other factors to consider, people's emotions, people's physical condition (late and tired), their enviroment, etc.

It was late, I was tired and agitated, and I didn't want to deal with any crap. Simple as that. Just thought I would share the story, and I thought it would boil down to how america's youth has become so aggressive and out to prove themselves for whatever reason, not because I was wrong for mouthing off a bit.

I have the freedom of speech, they don't have the freedom to throw rocks at my head. So, hell... I don't think my statements were that "stupid" after all. You know, I doubt they were packing anything, and who knows how tough they really are, they deserved more then just a few insults. What if I had been walking through the park with a gun? Those thugs could of been killed.

If anybody was stupid, I would have to say it was the spoiled rich kids.

#341999 - 05/16/07 10:12 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Is it "stupid" to get angry when provoked and attacked?

Nope, not at all. However, getting drawn into an otherwise avoidable situation because of anger, (or any other emotion) might not be the wisest choice.

Then again, I tend to let things go too far before I engage (as noted in a thread I started a few weeks ago).

Having been in harm's way and making the choice of kill or not more than I would like, I'm not going to get physical over ANY words that aren't accompanied by a physical, credible threat. Were the rocks enough to cross that threshold? I wasn't there so I can't say, but based on your description of the accuracy, probably not.

Is it really that hard to "just keep walking?" For some yes, for others, not so much.

Best,
Jim

#342000 - 05/16/07 10:52 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]
Spade Offline

Loc: Auburn, Al.
Quote:

heap praise upon him for being a jackass to a bunch of jackasses.

Quote:

He'll either grow out of this dumbassery naturally

Quote:

and to know that it is a very special kind of stupid to mouth off to people who are looking for trouble.

Quote:

had planned on letting this one drop, but now you're actually talking to us instead of hurling idiotic insults,

Quote:

I think you nailed it here, sir. What we have here, folks, is another punk kid that thinks he's some sort of street rambo, and will resort to baseless, and frankly laughable, insults against any one of us who does not immediately bow down to him,

For someone who is as smart as you, Id imagine you could find a better way to educate someone then by insulting them.

Pepto, you shouldn't have yelled back them, if they really wanted a reason, you gave it to them.

Four people is no joke.

If you, now after the incident feel that your pride was on the line, then next time it happens DO something about it, and see if it turns out any better then just walking home.

No one likes being attacked, physically or verbally, but if you are truly the better man in the situation, you won't be phased by anything they have to say.

Notice how everyone who replied in this thread (well nearly ) replied with an insult of some kind, even me.

We all might learn a thing or two by keeping our tempers down and our thoughts clear.

#342001 - 05/17/07 12:03 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Spade]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Pepto, you shouldn't have yelled back them, if they really wanted a reason, you gave it to them.

We all might learn a thing or two by keeping our tempers down and our thoughts clear.

Thanks spade, that is the kind of educated response I was expecting from this forum.

I gained more then I could have hoped for from this thread, and I actually appreciate the contributions of everybody, including those who I do not agree with.

If a similar situation occurs again, then I probably wont do anything unnecessary to provoke the aggressors. I also agree that four people is no joke

Still, those kids should have some bad karma coming their way, and their gang mentality is very disturbing.

#342002 - 05/17/07 09:39 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Spade]
Emsanon Offline

Quote:

Notice how everyone who replied in this thread (well nearly ) replied with an insult of some kind, even me.

Hey! I don't insult people, but you did say nearly...lol
I do agree that some people can let tempers get the best of them. Is it the best way to handle things? No. Is it always easy to control? No. And like someone else said, some people have an easier time than others to control it. Heck, even I can get frustrated but one thing I don't do is to start throwing out insults at another person because I know that I also do some things that I probably shouldn't every now and then. The big question is, if you do something you shouldn't, do you learn from it and try not to do it again or do you just keep doing the same action?
I have to correct something I said above a little bit. I have caught myself in the car when someone cuts me off or I see them weaving through traffic and I'll say to myself that they need to go back to drivers education...I guess that could be an insult. lol

Edited by Emsanon (05/17/07 10:00 AM)

#342003 - 05/22/07 10:16 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Emsanon]

What I don't get is if you have the ability to teach someone a lesson for acting like complete moron (eg, a good ass kicking for needless harassment) then why not do it?

Morons learn that they won't always get their own way for thinking they can do as they please to whomever they please, and the person dishing out the pain gets a little real experience.

And if your not satisfied with the experienced because they happen to be untrained then atleast they still got the ass kicking which might save you the trouble the next time around, plus it's their fault for not taking into account the possibility of being outclassed.

Most of the problems in my country happen because this place is too lenient, ever since that old bag Margarette Thatcher took away corporal punishment in schools the teachers no longer had any real power over the kids except for letters home, detentions and exclusion which alot of kids nowadays couldn't care less about.

Hasn't the world got it into it's think skull that the time for pacifism is over? Now is the time for some serious ass kicking.
When you get sick, you don't just ignore it and hope it will go away because it will get worse and end up killing you.
Same with the rest of the world, too much lenience and turning the other cheek, now look where we are, you can't even leave your house without risk of being robbed and burgled on the same night.

Go out and kick some ass!

#342004 - 05/22/07 10:18 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

#342005 - 05/22/07 10:20 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]

Don't start the hoarse beating just because the conversation isn't going your way.

#342006 - 05/22/07 11:02 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Not about that. It's more like a thread that is going in circles and was about dead until it revived this again when I logged on this AM.

Best,
Jim

#342007 - 05/22/07 01:09 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

And if it hadn't been revived I wouldn't have that frickin' fish song stuck in my head

Edited by shadowkahn (05/22/07 01:09 PM)

#342008 - 05/23/07 12:06 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Quote:

Not about that. It's more like a thread that is going in circles and was about dead until it revived this again when I logged on this AM.

This thread is infected with a virus. It'll keep reviving because... it's a zombie now

-Taison out

#342009 - 05/23/07 09:36 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
Emsanon Offline

Now I'm just curious as to what the 'fish song' is...

#342010 - 05/23/07 12:47 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Emsanon]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

Quote:

Now I'm just curious as to what the 'fish song' is...

See GriffyGriff's post in this thread (#15941336)

#342011 - 05/23/07 03:23 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
Emsanon Offline

Well, that's sad. Here I posted right after the fish song and I didn't catch it.
Thanks for pointing me that direction. Now, I can see how that song can be a little catching.

#342012 - 05/24/07 02:07 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Emsanon]
JM2007 Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Wow...this was an interesting read.

I would only like to add two things. First of all, I was very pleased to see you (pepto-bismol) finally agree that taking on four guys at the same time might not be the smartest thing to do.

But the thing I would really like to address is the attitude that it is okay to "teach someone a lesson." I understand WHY you want to do it...heck, I've been there myself. But that's supposed to be one of the differences between the guys you want to "teach a lesson" to and a martial artist. You should be fighting because you have to, not because you want to.

There are some people on this board who I am sure have much more experience than me, but, as a thirteen-year law enforcement veteran, I can tell you that real fights aren't like TV. People get hurt. Sometimes killed. Four guys on one...and you look forward to it? That's crazy. I can't even tell you how many fights I have been in, but I was worried every time...because you just never know. There are no rules, no referees, no towels. I ALWAYS tried to talk out of having to get physical, but I understand that sometimes you have to. But it was different because I wasn't able to simply "call the cops." I WAS the cop that other people called when someone was causing trouble and HAD to be dealt with. I am now a civilian, and I can tell you that the first thing I would now do, if possible, is call the police...as you should, too.

But the danger aspect is only one reason for that. If I, as a police officer, seriously injured someone while attempting to subdue them, I was legally protected (assuming I used proper force). If you, as a civilian, seriously injure someone, even if by accident, while trying to "teach them a lesson" (which means you probably could have walked away but chose not to)...you're going to prison. It's NOT a game, and it's NOT television. It might sound strange, but you should be training so you don't have to fight, and if you do have to fight, you only do what is necessary to defend yourself or others. That's the law, and anything else makes for a good movie, but also a long sentence in real life.

Whatever you decide to do in the future, I wish you, and anyone else who feels the same as you, the best of luck.

Respectfully, Jason

Edited by JM2007 (05/24/07 02:10 AM)

#342013 - 05/24/07 09:25 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: JM2007]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Excellent post. Hopefully that will be the last on this subject.

#342014 - 08/16/07 12:50 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
falconhunter2020 Offline

The very second they threw rocks at you, you had the right to attack any of them.
Personally, I would have called the cops on my cell first, and told them about it. Then I would have ran, and if they followed and I had to fight, then I would have done it where there were as many witnesses as possible, due to their numbers.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga