FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
William_Bent 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#341982 - 05/15/07 10:10 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

*grin*

#341983 - 05/15/07 11:57 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Basically I will never back down from retarded, ugly, testosterone driven, egotistical, genetically defective, mentally challenged chavs unless I'm injured, drunk, stoned or some other reason that puts me at a physical disadvantage, otherwise 3, 10, 100, bring em on, I will never be ruled by such inferior scum, there's nothing about them I respect and would gladly direct a holocaust for them for the good of the world which would probably be doing them a favor also.

dcm

#341984 - 05/16/07 12:02 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
*Smacks DCM on the back of the head*
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. You've had enough for today.

Hmm.. 50? Yeah, they probably should bring some more. They're heavily out-numbered.

-Taison out

#341985 - 05/16/07 12:27 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

hey coyboy, he's offering the advice that an adult would give you. mouthing off back at the guys and having such a gung ho idea of fighting tells more then you realiaze.

spelling "realiaze" wrong tells me more then you realize

sof and shadow, what you said sounds very nice, in theory.

But I highly doubt either of you have been in a situation similar to mine, and I also don't believe that you would practice what you preach.

Listen man, the fact is that I walked away from the fight, yes I swore at them, but that's it. My swearing at them did not agitate them enough for them to chase me, and if they did decide to chase me, I am a very fast runner, and a pretty decent fighter.

Sorry shadow and sof, both of you sound very... "unpolished".

I know this must sound contradictory coming from a 15 year old, and you would love to discredit everything I say because I am "only" 15.

But wisdom can be accumulated in many different ways.

So sof and shadow, I love philosophy, it's a lot of fun, but in the end nothing you guys said is useful, it is just entertaining. If there was somebody out there who lived in a rough neighborhood or has dealt with similar situations, then great... enlighten me.

For those of you who have never experienced anything similar, then you are in no position to lecture me, after all... what you say, and what you do can be entirely different.

btw rambo being chased by a little dog, hilarious.

#341986 - 05/16/07 01:20 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Taison]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Quote:

*Smacks DCM on the back of the head*
Whatever you're smoking, quit it. You've had enough for today.

Hmm.. 50? Yeah, they probably should bring some more. They're heavily out-numbered.

-Taison out

*Holds back of head* Ouchy

But I haven't been smoking anything, it's 6:16am too early, evenings the best time for it where you can just go to sleep early and wake up real early, but I haven't smoked any in a while.

And I don't need numbers to take care of pathetic chavs, unless it's the theory of relativity to make an atom bomb

#341987 - 05/16/07 11:00 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
ok, i grew up in the bad side of town, i weighed 30 lbs soaking wet and my last name rymed with weener. i've been in more fights then hulk hogen. i have a 9 inch scar on my stomach from a swing some one took at me with a board with a nail in it. and enough scars on my hands from useless fights. maybe i never grew up in your neck of the woods, but mine sucked too.

actually, i was 14 when i got the scar on my stomach. i had a mouth, and i never took crap from anyone, or let my friends take it either. most of my fights were from picking up for my friends. caused by mouthing off at people throwing rocks. i don't remember how many times i was suspended from school. i don't need to fire a resume at you to offer good advice anyway.

i haven't been in a fight since i started the martial arts. there was one close call, a friend of mine home for the summer and i were out and a few guys came after us for some thing that happened a year prior. when i was your age, it would have ended in a mess. they threw the first shot and i took in on the jaw, when i never went down they laughed at me and keept up their crap. after a few minutes they walked away laughing at me and my friend. a soar jaw beats a criminal record. in my books anyway. i had fought with these guys before, and they learned nothing from it the, why would they now? its more important to forgive them for being ingorant and immature then it is to put them in their place. wel, the one you think they belong in.

as for being ruled over by some less then human slim. yo uhave got to be kidding me bro. what do they rule? what do they have over me? they hit me in the face? if i wanted them dead, they'd be dead. what they have over me is ego, sad, small ego. my family stills loves me, and my friend and i laughed them off and enjoyed the rest of our time together. and i don't need to prove anything to anyone, even myself.

*spelling "realiaze" wrong tells me more then you realize *

im far from smart about much my man, but your taking some digs at people who are only trying to help. i know wisdom when i see it.

what i say and what i do may not always be the same. but i'm trying very hard to make them the same. ever since i started helping with the kids classes at karate, i think of thoes kids as my own, i try to lead a good example for them. if its not up to your standards, thats fine.

time will teach you more then we can here. the biggest wake up call for me was loosing friends to jail and juvinile for assult and the like.

finially. just because were not giving you the answers your looking for dosen't mean you can't learn from them, after all....a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer, then i foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

good luck wise man

#341988 - 05/16/07 11:32 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: student_of_life]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fairfax, VA
i weighed 30 lbs soaking wet....

What, when you were three?

just pickin'

Best,
Jim

#341989 - 05/16/07 01:22 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: jpoor]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

sof, I just assumed that such politically correct advice is most likely from an inexperienced man, because what is politically correct and what works is not always the same thing.

The realize thing was a joke, but seriously... At first I pretty much read "you were stupid, you should be kicked out of your dojo"

and I thought that sounded a bit harsh, and an experienced fighter and/or streetwise person would know that it is hard not to mouth off against aggressors. The crudeness and righeousness of your initial response made me think that you were just trying to make yourself feel more like a crusader against stupidity rather then a martial arts brother trying to help.

And I hate it when people get in to a "righeous crusader" mode... because everybody has their own imperfections, even the crusaders.

Both shadows posts and your posts stated the obvious politically correct answer that was always in the back of everybodies mind (so I assume)

That is why I said it is entertaining, I should rephrase what I said. It was a "refreshing restatement of the obvious politically correct answer"

I was just hoping for a more in depth conversation then that.

#341990 - 05/16/07 02:13 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
Kimo2007 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I was just hoping for a more in depth conversation then that.

Hard to get on depth with a person who does not accept the most basic elements of self defense and Martial Arts.

Either avoid the situation or solve the situation, yelling in the park at bunch of punks is just a childish response to childish behavior.

#341991 - 05/16/07 02:32 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
*sof, I just assumed that such politically correct advice is most likely from an inexperienced man, because what is politically correct and what works is not always the same thing.*

expirence tought me why the politically correct view is the way it is. and it varries from one person to another. my grand father got mad at me for not fighting when i told him about it, same with my father.

*The realize thing was a joke, but seriously... At first I pretty much read "you were stupid, you should be kicked out of your dojo"*

read my post again, i never said that. it was someone else, i asked you to make the right choice.

*And I hate it when people get in to a "righeous crusader" mode... because everybody has their own imperfections, even the crusaders.*

hence no crusaders, just loud mouths. and people telling you what they think, their posts get railed over sometimes depending on the mood your in when you read them.

how indepth did you want to get with it then? i know how dishreatening it can be when the thread dosn't answer the questions or go the way you thought it would. sorry i had to ruin your day.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga