FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#341952 - 05/14/07 04:41 PM Possible fight at a park
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

I was walking home from work at a park this saturday, and at least 4 guys in a car drive by, and I could tell that they were looking for a fight by the way one guy was staring at me.

Nonetheless I kept walking, then they started throwing rocks at me and cussing at me.

So I yell that they throw like a ***** and everytime they throw a rock, I yell "you missed!".

So I just kept walking, but it seems they were itching for a fight.

I wonder if I should of acted differantly, if I should of not said anything, if I should of tested my luck in a fight, if I should of called the cops, or what have you.

I was just in such a peaceful mood as I was walking through the park, that these thugs really caught me off guard.

If I would of obliged them in a fight and hurt them, then maybe I saved somebody else a beating, yet there is always the possibility of me getting beat too.

Interesting situation though, it's amazing how disrespectful and rude these kids are. There parents probably buy them cars and cell phones, yet they still have to prove themselves.

Would anybody of acted differantly in my situation? Do you think I should have? Any thoughts on this situation are appreciated, because I think this whole thing was very amusing.

Edited by pepto_bismol (05/14/07 04:42 PM)

#341953 - 05/14/07 06:53 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
I had a similar situation a few months back whilst I was waiting for a bus, and coincidently they were throwing stones but none of them even came close to hitting me because I was behind a clear plastic bus shelter, I put up with this for ten minutes until the three morons started shouting at me from across the street (please note that capital letters denote shouting).

Moron-1: GINGER!

Me: W*NKER!

Another 2-3 minutes passed and the stone throwing commenced as I waited for my bus, please note that I turn up early for my buses because on many occasions they have showed up very early and ofcourse by the time I've got to the bus stop I have to wait another whole hour for the next one unless some kind old lady tells me the bus I'm waiting for has gone.

So, after five minutes of stone throwing the guys says the same thing:

Moron-1: GINGER!

Me: W*NKER!

The morons laughed and silently conversed amongst themselves.

Moron-2: GINGER!

Each moron laughed out loud the second after he shouted, so I responded:

Me: HAHAHA! YOUR SOOO F*CKIN' FUNNY!

One of the morons (didn't see which one): SHUT UP GINGER.

Me: YOU WOULDN'T BE SAYING SH*T IF YOU WERE ALONE.

Moron-1: WHAT?!

I repeated my last sentence, the exact same way I said my first, I knew he heard me but I said it again just to make sure. He probably thought that he would be giving the impression that he was a threat or that I wouldn't have the nads to repeat what I said, but I made it clear that it wasn't the case.

More words were exchanged though I can't remember exactly what, but it did lead up to:

Me: WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER HERE AND SAY THAT?

For about twenty seconds the morons mumbled amongst themselves until I heard one say:

Moron-1: Should we go over there?

Me: YEAH, COME OVER HERE.

The other two nodded and got up, the other took a second longer, to me this said that he was the weak link in the group, even though he was the guy who started it to begin with. This also said to me that my earlier statement "YOU WOULDN'T BE SAYING SH*T IF YOU WERE ALONE." was indeed true and that this whole issue on his part was motivated by his desire to show off to his friends.
So, as they crossed the road a car drove past meaning they had to stop briefly to avoid being run over, seeing this I shouted:

Me: CAREFUL LITTLE GIRLS, DON'T WANT TO GET RUN OVER DO WE?

The reason I referred to them as 'little girls' is because I knew for a fact, just by looking at them that they liked to think of themselves as 'men', so I thought I'd try and be a little patronizing by totally disregarding their 'manhood' and call them 'little girls', I call it 'the emasculation effect' .

So, when they got to my side of the road I positioned my self slightly more inside the bus shelter since it was a narrower space because of the wall opposite the inside, meaning that they would find it harder to surround me if the all came at once, and I could also use the wall or bus shelter as part of my arsenal if necessary, failing that I could still retreat with a nice open space outside the shelter to my rear.
Carrying on, one moron said:

Moron-1: Yeah, so what do you want then?

Me: So you think it's funny shouting sh*t from across the road do you?

Moron-1: What? I didn't say anything, I think he's chattin' sh*t don't you?

He said as he looked to his friends, for approval, yet more dependence on his buddies, it was becoming increasingly clear that if I was to take out any of them it would have to be this dweeb.

Me: No, I'm not chattin' sh*t, you 'were' shouting at me from over there and I don't think it's funny.

Moron-3: What? I was chattin' sh*t?

Me: No, I never saw you do anything, it was these two.

I think Moron-3 just didn't want feel left out, I didn't see him actually do anything so I wasn't directing anything at him, but I still say he's a moron for hanging out with such idiots.

There was more talk and talk of fighting, I don't remember clearly but I remember they laughed out loud when I said I'd take on the three of them at once, to which I replied:

Me: No, really, I'm serious.

Moron-1: Yeah whatever mate, why don't you take your hair out of your face?

I liked the fact he was uncomfortable with my hair, I could see where he was looking and what his expressions were, but he couldn't do the same, I chuckled inside my head at this.

Me: No I won't, why do you want to see my face anyway? are you gay?

Yet more of the 'emasculation effect' in play here.

Moron-1: Who? Me? Yeah!

This was a surprising reaction, I would never expect a moron such as this to be secure with his sexuality, it looked like the 'emasculation effect' wasn't going to work on this guy, though I tried it again just to be sure.

Me: Really? Me too! Wanna go around the back there?

Moron-1: What? No! I'm goin' man, I don't like gay boys.

Inside my head I laughed out loud. He totally wasn't expecting to be called on that, and it worked perfectly.
Now him and his friends were walking away, but I didn't want to leave it on a bad note

Me: So, don't you want to fight then, you did earlier didn't you?

Moron-1: What just me? Or all of us?

Me: I don't really mind, what do you want to do?
Wasn't I polite? Moron-1 was about to take off his bag, but when he saw me take mine off and kick it out of the way he couldn't seem to make up his mind, he kept picking it up and putting it down whilst he silently conversed with his friends, the other two however didn't really want anything to do with it, they must have been thinking that it was none of their business and that it was their friends problem, explaining why Moron-1 couldn't make up his mind due to the fact his friends weren't going to back him up, or they could have been thinking why was a 5'5 long haired gingernut was standing up to 3 people who were each 5'10 - 6'?

Eventually they left without saying a word, leaving me to say to my self "wtf was that all about? all that build up for nothing!" I mused (I talk to myself quite often, monologuing is a hobby of mine ).

A few minutes later the bus came, I ordered a child fare even though I was 17 and went to the back of the bus as I always do (youth is cheap! ), as I sat down and the bus began to move, I noticed the morons walking back down the road, I kindly waved to them but I didn't think they noticed to to lack of response.

What did I learn from this? Not much except that chavs are even bigger wimps than I first thought, can't take up a challenge even though they had superior numbers.

#341954 - 05/14/07 07:55 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: pepto_bismol]
shadowkahn Offline
anti-stupid crusader

Quote:

So I yell that they throw like a ***** and everytime they throw a rock, I yell "you missed!".

So I just kept walking, but it seems they were itching for a fight.

I wonder if I should of acted differantly,

Ya think? Yeah, let's be blunt. Shut the hell up, and get on the cell phone to the cops. Why would you antagonize these idiots? That's a REALLY stupid move man. Trying to get into a 4 on 1 fight by mouthing off? If this is the kind of attitude your dojo encourages, you need to find a new dojo.

#341955 - 05/14/07 09:00 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: shadowkahn]

Or maybe you should know that not everyone aspires to be an ancient samurai and that people who needlessly aggravate others for fun deserve whatever response they get.

#341956 - 05/14/07 09:15 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Loc: Earth
Quote:

I had a similar situation a few months back whilst I was waiting for a bus, ........

I thought that the script was OK as a 1st attempt.
Perhaps a little bit long winded on the dialogue.
Maybe next time you can set the scene out a bit more by emphasising the main character's motivation and then some atmospheric description?
Frankly I don't see this making it as a film though, but good 1st attempt. Well done.

#341957 - 05/14/07 09:22 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Actually, I thought DCM's story was pretty realistic, since I see situations like that happen all the time.

#341958 - 05/14/07 09:26 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: GriffyGriff]

Oh no, you misunderstand, I put it in that format so people could see pretty much every thing that happened from a subjective point of view, this way the experienced can be analyzed easier, word for word as best as I can remember it.
If I were writing a script however it wouldn't be about a guy waiting for a bus and I'd atleast give the characters some depth to their personality or atleast a justifiable objective behind their actions.

#341959 - 05/14/07 09:42 PM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]

And he questions my circumstances...
Quote:

I can only speak from experience. I had a knife pulled on me in Brazil, I think the guy wanted my wallet, but I felt it odd the way this guy approached me and as soon as I saw a knife in his hands, I dropped him, stamped on him and ran. It was only afterwards when the thought of what had occurred hit me and I was apparently white and shaking for a while.

I understand fully that if he wanted to kill me outright, I may not have even seen him or the blade. If it does happen in that way then it will be outside of my consciousness and therefore beyond my control, so I donít see the point on getting too hung up on it.

I edited this post to add something that I missed, namely that when I was confronted, it was early morning and reasonably busy, but none of the other people nearby wanted to get involved. In fact it felt like they refused to even see it and that [censored] me off still.

#341960 - 05/15/07 12:52 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Or maybe you should know that not everyone aspires to be an ancient samurai and that people who needlessly aggravate others for fun deserve whatever response they get.

seriously dcm, I concur. You can't just blame everything on the dojo, and you have to be realistic... people do have there imperfections, and if I don't say anything, there is the possibility they will walk all over me.

I have to go to sleep, but thanks for the feedback DCM.

#341961 - 05/15/07 01:18 AM Re: Possible fight at a park [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
GriffyGriff Offline
Good Egg,

Loc: Earth
Quote:

And he questions my circumstances...

Fantastic!!!
(You do good and accurate research!!!) Brilliant!!
You Win .... Hands Down!!!!
Here.... Take my Wallet!!

(\ /)
( x x)-<<<
('')('')
(Edited to kill the Bunny)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga