FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 27 of 60 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
#341433 - 01/17/08 04:58 PM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: TimBlack]
Stephen87 Offline
Stranger

Hi all, Im Steve, Live in North Wales UK. Been training in Wado Karate for nearly 4 years. Look forward to speaking to you all!

#341434 - 01/18/08 12:01 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: underdog]
Ethann Offline
Stranger

Loc: Montréal
Hi, i'm Stephen.

While i have very little experience in martial art, I've always found them interesting. I took karate classes for a year and street self-defenses classes for a year as well, but never went any further. Now I'm looking to do something new since i have more free time and i will probably go with baguazhang. I find this forum very interesting, keep up the good work everyone!

P.S.: Keep in mind that my main language is french so I'm sorry if i offend anyone with bad spelling or if my sentences lack structure sometime.

Edited by Ethann (01/18/08 12:02 AM)

#341435 - 01/18/08 01:08 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: Ethann]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Welcome everyone! Come on in and prop your feet up!! Great to see new people here!

#341436 - 01/18/08 04:38 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: BrianS]
MatsFondelius Offline

Hi, a long but still brief "Inro" about myself..!

Mats Fondelius , Since 1970 I've trained karate (with some “time-outs” due to moving & kids) in 4 different styles...
I started 1970 with Sankukai then Shukokai, Shotokan and now Wado Ryu karate.
Now I'm taking a "time-out" to become a Certified OCFM Self Defense Coach !!!

After moving around raising family I am now back to practicing Wado Ryu – however after joining the OCFM Platinum program +100% of my focus is on OCFM firsthand.
I have a vast network of MA Schools/coaches in EU, USA, and Brazil and other countries.

I live in Sweden at the present - but will probably settle down with my training partner and now also the woman of my life – my equal and True Twin Flame – Lúcia from Brazil. We have many options where to live: USA, EU or Brazil and we will take our time to find the ‘perfect’ place – suitable for both a “Temperate Penguin” (me) and a “Tropical Camel” (Lúcia)…

I Moreover I am training Tai-Chi, Qigong and have discovered the enormous power using your CHI/KI/Inner Power in MA as well as in my daily life.I haI have an "opened mind" when it comes to applications of MA and believe that I have finally found an approach to MA and self–defence that I find being amazingly close to my own experience of MA, views and beliefs in the “OCFM-training” – thanks Russell ..!

Other interests involve MA of all "categories", applied fighting and self-defence.
To enhance my CHI to grow even stronger for the benefit of me and my fellowman.
Healing power – here I’m applying Hypnotism, Body-electronics, PP-points, EFT, Energy-manipulations, Aura/photo interpretations and “Spiritual connections” (NOT as “spooky” as it might sound to someone that doesn’t know the full context...) and naturally my CHI.

On the more personal level I enjoy extreme skiing, sailing, surfing, scuba & skin diving, reading, GOOD movies, the beauty of nature and sacred places and of course my family and children!!!

About me as a person
My background is as everyone else in Sweden: born Protestant. I have my own thoughts about religions…
I get harmony and inspiration with positive people & outdoors in nature - exploring, hiking, skiing, scuba & skin diving. Sports such as martial arts (karate), badminton, tennis, etc. keeps me fit physically and spiritually.

A strong inner spirit, positive thoughts gives me power to achieve my dreams in life!
I have lived in USA from CA to NY & have seen “both sides of the coin” living in US as well as in Sweden and shorter periods in other countries - France, Austria, UK, Greece - I believe every society has a "flipside" - but being a pragmatic person I always enjoy the best life has to offer wherever I am!
I consider myself being a true believer in brotherliness and try to contribute to make things better in the world – practically it means my companies sponsor R&D in the ongoing research of finding cures for cancer. I also do charity work against poverty.

I have a lot of life experience both triumphs, grief & “knockdowns” that have made me both stronger, more humble and rendering a good insight of myself; together with being very open minded – I consider myself a stable grown up man equipped with strong self confidence being in touch with my true feelings, emotions and still recognising the boy within me.
Honest, determined, humble, unprejudiced, respect for my fellowman, stubborn with the ability to distinguish between what matters or not are also my trademarks...
I am also equipped with a great deal of self-irony/-distance, humour & empathy.
Creativity, entrepreneurship, a lust for adventures also ring a bell as well as getting cozy back home in front of the fireplace, watching a movie or having a candle light dinner - are all high peaks in my life.
Even though I am a stable, strong & confident man I’m also quite romantic and emotional…
I live my life by the Universal law of Love – lately published as the book & film “The Secret” – However I and a few friends around the ‘Globe’ have taken it one step further and have scrutinized and researched WHY and HOW the “Law of Attraction” really works…

My ambition is to live a Rich life were I can share my Positive Energy and “gifts” to people around me!!!

#341437 - 01/18/08 12:06 PM Introduction [Re: MatsFondelius]
tccw83 Offline
Stranger

hi, i'm thomas here
black belt in TKD & shitoryu karate.
quitted training for about 2yrs+

nice to know u people, hope to share our passion for MA in this forum

#341438 - 01/19/08 09:45 PM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: underdog]
used2b Offline

Loc: Kentucky
My name is Jim and i trained for ten years. Started with Tang Soo Do, moved on to Okinawan Kenpo then Chinese Kenpo then found a mixed style of the two later styles. One severe injury made me think twice about training. Now i realise I quit for the wrong reason....my mistake.

#341439 - 01/19/08 10:43 PM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: used2b]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Welcome folks. Jump in and enjoy.

#341440 - 01/20/08 10:41 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: used2b]
Dedicated1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Welcome to the Forum, and it's never too late to start again.

#341441 - 01/21/08 09:16 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: Dedicated1]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
My name is Adam. yes I whatch anime. The main reason being that I like swords. Alot.
now that that's out of the way.

I don't have any formal martial arts training, save the hours I spend practice sparring with my friend jordan (who I am very jealous of. He's got SEVEN swords, and I? I have wooden swords. Two poorly done ones.)
I'm trying to get into Tai Chi, but discipline may prove a problem. I barely have the will to practice what I know (nor do I have the room).
I draw swords for a laugh (http://claybob.deviantart.com)
and I'm in my last year of high school (I'm gaining more dislike by the second aren't I?)
I like being a pacifist and begining sword fanatic at the same time.
I have many friends who are deep into martial arts, and most of them are involved with Ki/chi applications, an area of particular interest to me,
I am creative, but I'm more of a filler. Give me a bit of information, and using what I know, I'll try and fill in the holes. sure it's like the old europeans saying the world was flat, but hey, It's better to walk on sand than on naught at all.
I try to find a way to use everything in my dishwasher to disarm someone (nerdy am I right? The mugs are like butterfly swords and mallets mixed together)

I aspire to be a videogame desginer, specializing in the design aspect of (you guesed it) WEAPONS (yayyyyyyyyyy).

I joined these forums so that maybe I could learn something about swords, fighting, and how to better design weapons (cause let's face it, SURE you can use a twig of crabgrass to disarm someone, but It's not practical).
That and It looks like an interesting community to be a affiliated with.

#341442 - 01/21/08 09:33 AM Re: ** Introduce Yourself! ** [Re: Vennificus]
Dedicated1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Welcome to the Forums.

Page 27 of 60 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 59 60 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga