FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Victor Smith), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Marcus Charles 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#339587 - 06/15/07 11:24 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: groundfighter]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
At least you have sources.

#339588 - 06/15/07 11:28 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: Sveninja]
groundfighter Offline

Loc: Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
A great man once said "your rights end where anothers begin" If someone has happiness but at the expense of another, then it is wrong that he has it in the first place.
J

#339589 - 06/15/07 12:09 PM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: groundfighter]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fairfax, VA
You do realize that Wiki has been shown to be largely unreliable don't you?

I have no idea about the credibility of the other link, but to convince me (not that I have an opinion one way or the other at the moment) you would have to cite more scholarly references.

Best,
Jim

#339590 - 06/24/07 07:27 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: Sveninja]
TenguRyu Offline
Stranger

The Teenage world is very confusing and on the other hand enlightening. It is a time where you find your calling, as a matter of speeking. Ninjutsu is an ancient art and to this day no one can pin point the origans.
If you are seeking the Art go to Japan, don't waste your time in Euopean Countries.
If you want to form a street style Ninjutsu, combine it with the Sas combat, krav magar and pakour.
It's your choice the Ancient way or the Modern way.

#339591 - 06/25/07 02:13 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: TenguRyu]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Where's your sources?

-Taison out

#339592 - 06/26/07 02:40 PM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: TenguRyu]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Ninjutsu is an ancient art and to this day no one can pin point the origans.

Quite right. I dont think i even know what origans are. The origin of ninjutsu is well and widely documented however, and of the 9 ryu that make up the Bujinkan and Genbukan and Jinenkan, I believe 3 are traced back as the only surviving ryu of Ninpo.

Quote:

If you are seeking the Art go to Japan, don't waste your time in Euopean Countries.

All in the Bujinkan of 5th dan and above have been ranked personaly by Hatsumi, having travelled to him in Japan. No bujinkan practitioner may open a school/ teach on their own unless they have gone through this process. This fact makes your assertion regarding legitemate European schools absolute cr4p.

Quote:

If you want to form a street style Ninjutsu, combine it with the Sas combat, krav magar and pakour.
It's your choice the Ancient way or the Modern way.

If you want to leap about for fun and fitness do some free running. If you want to be special forces, joint the military and work hard.
If you want to pretend to be a then by all means have fun, but if you want to study legit ninpo, then look up a recognised instructor in your area and do it properly- then you will realise how absolutely ridiculous your post is

#339593 - 06/26/07 04:40 PM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: Cord]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Wow....more holes than a fish net. Its funny how no matter how much legitimate info there is on ninja/ninjutsu people still seem to manage to find the wrong sources. Wikipedia and howstuffworks.com are not reliable sources for this subject matter.

1. Ninja were not primarily women. It is widely believed that many were samurai trained for clandestine operations. The majority were believed to be average people hired to gather intel posing as gardeners, cooks and various other “hired help”. Some were women but the image of the kunoichi is far from accurate.

2. Ninja were not assassins. This was one of their functions but their primary reason for being was to gather intel.

3. The myths and reputation surrounding the ninja were allowed and encouraged and sometimes started by the ninja in order to give them a psychological advantage over the enemy. If the locals believed ninja were 10 feet tall and could shoot fire out of their eyes they weren’t going to argue.

4. Saying the last thing ninja wanted was to find themselves in open battle with a samurai is partially true but not for the reasons some may think. They weren't typical soldiers so their job wasn't to confront guards. It was to collect info, spy or yes assassinate. So avoiding guards only increased their chances of success. They were just as skilled as many other "warriors" of their time and don’t even get me started on the “ninja-to”.

5. The samurai's "Bushido code" wasn't something followed as most like to glamorize and came about as a means to smooth relations with the local populous in a time when there was no longer a need or desire for the samurai. Some might want to look into what the samurai really were vise believing what Hollywood says they were. Same goes for ninja. I'd say 98% of what many "know" about ninja and samurai is either Hollywood BS or the ramblings of some wanabe "ninja master" who also learned everything he knows from Hollywood.

If you want to pattern your life after the ideals of what is believed to be the "ninja way of life" or Bushido that's fine. I'd suggest a bit of research though before talking about living life “like” a samurai or ninja. What's wrong with doing what your parents tell you is right? Why is it cooler to do the right thing and live your life the "right" way because it's how the ninja or samurai did than because its how your parents raised you? If you want to live the warrior life join the military, we need all we can get and I have plenty of jobs for you. If you want to be a ninja then there is always SEALs, CIA, SAS and many other groups who are the closest you will ever come to the work of the ninja. But if you’re going to follow the "ninja way of life" i hope your at least studying a LEGITAMATE system. Let's be real here folks...the study of the martial arts isn't what makes you a better person. It's the ideal, the lessons of “hard work pays off”, the mental fortitude to push yourself past what you believe you can achieve, the dedication to the perfection of something in your life that enhances YOU and those things can be found in any avenue of life regardless of what your chosen activity is. For most, whether they want to admit it or not, the martial arts are a hobby. It's something to occupy their time and their minds and an escape from work or school or what ever they feel to be mundane in their lives. Not trying to down play anyone’s dedication to their art or training but if you had never gotten involved in the martial arts but instead fell into computers, cars, basketball or any infinite number of "hobbies" i'm sure you would have been just as dedicated, just as enriched. I for one don't believe the martial arts should be held accountable for making someone a "better person". Morals weren't exactly stressed in training until the recent bastardization of the martial arts. When jutsu turned to Do and training had to become less of an art of war and more of an art of life. It's called nin-JUTSU and not nin-DO for a reason. It's not a path to enlightenment it's a martial art. It's not a blueprint for a better life; it's a means of self defense. It’s an art form and will enrich your life just as any other form of art will but its place isn’t specifically to teach you good morals and behavior just as no other martial art should be. If you want to see a good documentary on ninjutsu i suggest picking up a copy of Shinobi- Winds of the 34 Generations. It's a good DVD.
http://webcurb.com/shinobiwinds/

No specific meaning...i just like this one.

#339594 - 06/27/07 03:05 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: laf7773]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

And where's your sources?

-Taison out

#339595 - 06/27/07 03:44 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: Taison]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
http://www.ninpo.org/ninpohistory/ninpohistory.html

Just for starters, written by a historian with a PhD in Japanese history. There are also sources for this essay at the bottom of the page. You can also refer to the documentary i mentioned earlier.

#339596 - 06/27/07 03:48 AM Re: The Ninja Mindset in the teenage world. [Re: laf7773]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

At least you got sources.

-Taison out

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga