FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#339110 - 05/02/07 01:15 PM What a great Forum
Debsk Offline

Loc: British living in Kenya
Hi Everyone

Thank goodness I have found this forum. Great information, great people with sensible answers (most of the time)!
I have to admit to have been lurking for a while before posting but decided enough of that and time to introduce myself.

Been practicing MA for some time now and loving it. Started out as a dancer, became a Body Builder then decided to do something useful so started with Kickboxing and moved to TKD. I still push weights as I feel its an integral part of my training.

I currently train 6 days a week, four days with TKD training and 5 days weight training. I train twice a day - lucky for me training is my life, and I am lucky to do what I love.

I would like to say, if anyone wants to ask advice on training I am happy to oblige, but then I read the advice offered by others on this forum and well, they do a more than splendid job! So I'll keep quiet for now....

Just really happy to find a place where, if I need to ask/discuss something I can.

Debsk

#339111 - 05/02/07 01:21 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Debsk]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Hi Debsk. Glad you enjoy the forums. Be sure to check out the Strengthening forum, too!

#339112 - 05/02/07 01:29 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Debsk]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Welcome to the forum. I was never a dancer though I like to dance at weddings and stuff. I am however a weight lifter for about 10 years, TKD guy for almost 5 years and BJJ for around 2 years. I don't get to train near enough so count yourself lucky, but make sure you don't overtrain. My normal schedule is usually 3 days a week TKD, 1-2 days BJJ and 3-6 days weight lifting. It sounds like a lot, and I always seem busy but when it all boils down it isn't too much. Weight lifting is only for an hour or so a night. TKD is maybe 1.5 hours a class and BJJ is maybe around 2 hours a class. My wife would probably disagree as this is time aways from her and many times she bugs we are strangers.

Anyways, again welcome to the forum and hope to share some discussions, questions and answers with each other.

#339113 - 05/02/07 01:30 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: MattJ]
Debsk Offline

Thanks Matt... I have been looking at the strengthening Forum too.

#339114 - 05/02/07 01:39 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Dereck]
Debsk Offline

Hey Dereck

Yep I am lucky...;-) and sometimes I am guilty of over training. I do try to keep in in perspective though. Weight training is normally for an hr first thing in the morning, then TKD for an hr and a half in the evenings. On the days I don't have TKD I do HITT training.
I can assure you dancing helped me in my flexibility when I started TKD, but it sure made my instructor tear his hair out! He could not understand why I needed to put my hands out to the side every time I did a back kick. It got to the stage where he threatened to tape my arms together behind me . Happily it never got to that stage.

Thanks for the welcome!

#339115 - 05/02/07 02:51 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Debsk]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Hi Debsk, welcome to the forum. Thankyou for your kind words, they are a tribute to the members here who are constantly asking interesting questions and starting debates. So if you've got a question, don't hesitate to start a thread!

#339116 - 05/02/07 04:25 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Supremor]
Emsanon Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
I agree with Debsk! This is a great site / forum. I'm pretty new to this place as well and have noticed the excellent discussions and that people don't tend to attack others like I've seen other forums do. I think I might stick around for a bit.

#339117 - 05/02/07 05:08 PM Re: What a great Forum [Re: Emsanon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Then welcome to you as well Emsanon.

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga